I need to Vent

This was a sad morning as a bills fan

Today, the Bills lost 3 of my favorite players from the drought

Stephon Gilmore, Bob Woods and Aaron Williams

Aaron God Bless man and I hope you stay in good health for the rest of your life, just hang um up and call it quits man, you earned it

Stephon Gilmore who has been a scapegoat of the Bills for years.. all he did was practice everyday, keep his mouth shut, and play... Was he the best? No... But we are gonna miss his talents and it's a double whammy he's in new england

And Bob Woods. The consummate professional.. His crafty route running, sure hands and physical blocking as been an intregal part of our team for years.. he never asked for the ball, or complained he didn't get it.. he just busted his ass for years and I might miss him the most

I hope we have a plan in place because we are gonna miss these guy's, and so am I

Good luck guys... Besides Gilmore... I can't even wish him luck in NE

Agree with you 100 %. A Williams was a very good player and tough as nails . I wish him well whether he decides to keep playing or retire. Woodsy was always one of my favorite WR's , we will miss him and I wish him luck. S Gilmore as you said quiet , no problem player, a class act. The only thing is I wouldn't classify him as highly as he does himself but at least he didn't go into some ridiculous look at me dance if he made a good play after getting torched before. He lined up and played the next down. Will be tough watching him on the cheaters squad as it was with Hogan this year but I will root for him on whenever they play Miami and Dallas at least.

I expect 1 WR and a TE or 2 WR then 3-4 DB's from this deep draft , maybe a QB .

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron God Bless man and I hope you stay in good health for the rest of your life, just hang um up and call it quits man, you earned it

Stephon Gilmore who has been a scapegoat of the Bills for years.. all he did was practice everyday, keep his mouth shut, and play... Was he the best? No... But we are gonna miss his talents and it's a double whammy he's in new england

And Bob Woods. The consummate professional.. His crafty route running, sure hands and physical blocking as been an intregal part of our team for years.. he never asked for the ball, or complained he didn't get it.. he just busted his ass for years and I might miss him the most

I hope we have a plan in place because we are gonna miss these guy's, and so am I

This team has been wretched for years, and you are going to miss a mediocre receiver who played hard. A safety who was always injured. And a CB who was a wimp and didn't try? You have really set the bar low my friend. On the current team I will miss once they are gone, Kyle Williams because he was a beast of a player coming out as a 5th round pick. And is a great leader. I would miss Shady because his talent is incomparable. The rest of the team. Meh. Keep the revolving door moving until we can find some winners.

This team has been wretched for years, and you are going to miss a mediocre receiver who played hard. A safety who was always injured. And a CB who was a wimp and didn't try? You have really set the bar low my friend. On the current team I will miss once they are gone, Kyle Williams because he was a beast of a player coming out as a 5th round pick. And is a great leader. I would miss Shady because his talent is incomparable. The rest of the team. Meh. Keep the revolving door moving until we can find some winners.

Grumpy much?

They are some of my favorite players

Aaron Williams is a leader and has been a vocal member of the Buffalo community for years

Donating thousands of thousands of dollars and helping the youth of Buffalo stay clean and positive

Yea, I'll miss him

Going to miss Aaron and Robert alot. Players with heart and soul.Aaron should retire and spend healthy time with his family. I'll never forgive Landry for that hit. Was never a big Gilmore fan and I see looking for excuses in his play. Not worth that money. Good luck Bob and healthy life Aaron! You both will be missed.....

I think Gilmore's loss is very significant. He's going to have some very good years for the Pats, and once again we have to live with Belichick being a better talent evaluator than the Bills entire FO.

Woods? I like the guy. I like his attitude. Talent? Eh, middle of the road among #2s. He wasn't an impact player and likely never would be in the Bills' scheme--which is not Woods fault. Of the many holes on this roster, his will be one of the easiest to fill. That said, I wish him well.

Williams is a loss, but he's just another of those sad NFL stories where talent runs second to a lack of durability. I doubt he will ever play a full season for anyone.

Gilmore is good but not worth breaking the bank over. I'm glad they didn't tag him, but I'm bummed that he's going to NE.

Aaron Williams will be missed, but I missed him a lot over the past two years when he was on IR. I hope he retires while he's still able to walk.

Woods is a solid #2 receiver. Of the three mentioned in this thread, he's the one I thought would be most likely to return.

Ultimately, however, all three are replaceable with a smaller impact on the cap. I was bummed when they cut Freddie, but I knew it was the right decision. I feel the same with this situation.

i hate losing a guy like gilmore, but i think we all knew it was going to happen. the bills have been much better with retaining their own guys, but it's never going to be 100%.

i also wanted to keep woods, but for that kind of money, he was going to move on.

with aaron, again, we all knew.

this is part of FA. none of this should really shock us. it's not ideal, but this shouldn't rock the team.

Good post, Sean.

I understand it's a business. I really do

But

We let a top 10 pick, and 2 top picks of the second round walk for nothing

And good football players at that

I just feel we needed to re sign 1 of these guy's to minimize holes on the roster

Which I feel are mounting

I understand it's a business. I really do

But

We let a top 10 pick, and 2 top picks of the second round walk for nothing

And good football players at that

I just feel we needed to re sign 1 of these guy's to minimize holes on the roster

Which I feel are mounting

i'm not disagreeing with you either 716. it was tough to lose those guys. for me, gilmore was the biggest loss. i hate losing a talented cb, especially now that we know a draft pick will very likely be used on one. who knows...it's still early in FA.

sean only posts the good ****. you know that.

also...i still don't work on fridays.

I feel like I just got a shot of adrenaline.

We just need likeive to come over and everything will fall into place.

Shirts? Nope.

Bravado? Plenty.

Bath Salts? You damn straight.

I feel a bit similar. Gilmore I liked but the $$ he wanted didn't justify keeping hm. Woods though I wish they would've extended last year, we need WRs so bad and he was dependable for catches and blocking. A Williams kills me because I met him a few times here in Rochester at training camp and the Bills made the right move extending him and not keeping Byrd. So sad the injuries he got that have basically ended his career, before that he was a Top 10 Safety.

Also would add its frustrating that 3 guys we did draft well all walk or are cut. Would've liked even one to have stayed.

Edited by corta765

We were never going to re-sign Woods or Gilmore and A Williams won't play again I don't believe. Woods is from the LA area, went to USC and got more money there than he would have anyplace else. Makes perfect sense. Gilmore had talent, but IMO didn't play up to his talent level. Looks like the Bills will draft both a CB and Safety, both positions look to be deep in this year's draft. All three moves made perfect sense to me. Huge hole at WR now though with Woods and Goodwin gone.

I really expected AWill to retire anyway...

Would have liked to keep Gilly but not for anything like that money.

Genuinely bummed about Woods though. That guy will play for a long time.

AW should retire for his own good. We'll miss him, but it's all in HIS best interests. I wish him well.

Happy for Woods, He's really a good receiver. I just hope the Rams develop a QB that will get him the ball.

If it weren't for him going to the Pats, I'd wish Gilmore good luck. At least he's with a title contender now.

We were never going to re-sign Woods or Gilmore and A Williams won't play again I don't believe. Woods is from the LA area, went to USC and got more money there than he would have anyplace else. Makes perfect sense. Gilmore had talent, but IMO didn't play up to his talent level. Looks like the Bills will draft both a CB and Safety, both positions look to be deep in this year's draft. All three moves made perfect sense to me. Huge hole at WR now though with Woods and Goodwin gone.

I cannot B word too much about the moves.

Even though i will miss Crazy Bob. Aaron i had long ago wished well.

Gilmore is likely where he will be happy once and for All

Definitely a sad day today mainly because of the loss of AWill. Wish Aaron the best wherever he goes, I would love to see him join the Bills as a DBs coach of some sort in the near future.