Robert Woods signing with Rams

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one hurts.

I always thought his game was much like Steve Smith. Both play/played aggressive and have/had elusive speed.

Smith had better QB play so his production seems better but Woods catches the ball just as good, and T2 is still developing.

Woods catches the ball better? Smith had better QB play? He didn't get Cam until 2011. Before that: Steve Beuerlein, Rodney Peete, Jake Delhomme, Jimmy Clausen, Matt Moore, and Testaverde. Also pre-Cam, he had 5 1,000+-yard seasons. Woods has a 699 yard season.

lot of great notes about Woods' passion and professionalism and underappreciatedness and tenacity. how about catching a football? any of that? no? okay.

really? You never watched him play,did ya? It's ok to admit it...

He has great hands. I've seen him catch every ball that could be thrown.And consistent.and competitive. Those are all great skills,especially for a #2. He will be missed. Best blocking WR we ever had. Maybe the best in the league

Good luck to Woods with the Rams! He always gave his best here. Never one of my favorite players, and I was cool with letting walk due to economics, but he's definitely a net asset to a team.

When we needed him this year, he couldn't get the job done. He couldn't get open to catch a pass. Time to move on.

what a joke. This is bringing back memories of a message board lost to the whim of ridiculousness....bad form dude.and uneducated

Woods catches the ball better? Smith had better QB play? He didn't get Cam until 2011. Before that: Steve Beuerlein, Rodney Peete, Jake Delhomme, Jimmy Clausen, Matt Moore, and Testaverde. Also pre-Cam, he had 5 1,000+-yard seasons. Woods has a 699 yard season.

all of those offences were built to throw deep to Smith. Yes,he had better #s because of that. The poster was prioritizing the toughness more than anything,but they played different roles. Them offenses were run first,play action deep ball.that's it. And they had the QB's who thrived on that...minus Clausen I guess. Anyway,bad choice of comparison maybe. But truth is,Woods is good. Maybe not deep ball good,but very good at many other things. Oh,and he can catch as good as Smith all day long! With Zero of the diva drama that came with it. That's a fact

I'm glad for Woods because I think he's a good guy and an ok receiver. I'm not really upset that he left from a talent perspective because he's a cipher. Plenty of opportunity here to prove he could be a serious #2, but never seemed to get the job done. I'm sure part of that was due to coaching and the run-first scheme, but he just wasn't a guy anyone expected to step up at crunch time and help win a game for us.

Good news.

Did not want to overpay for that guy.

Too many injuries and not enough big plays.

With Tyrod, Sammy and a strong run game this really needs to be a vertically stretching offense.......Woods is not a fit as WR2 despite his effort as a blocker.

Good news.

With Tyrod, Sammy and a strong run game this really needs to be a vertically stretching offense.......Woods is not a fit as WR2 despite his effort as a blocker.

This^ You need a number two who is at least capable of a big play.

Good news.

I think he's a good #2 on a team like GB ... but not on the Bills given Tyrod's skill set.

this sucks

Why? He had a NUMBER of opportunities to be an impact here and never did. Sammy has missed plenty of time where Woods was largely mediocre at best in replacement. And I don't want to hear about how its TT because a healthy Sammy has been highly productive with TT.

Woods is a middle of the pack #2 WR at best who has a real issue with keeping his feet, tripping, etc like I have never seen in a WR. He also struggles with ticky tack injuries. I was THRILLED when we drafted him, but he has been a disappointment and has never ceased his opportunities.