Trepasso's Bill's Free Agency Plan

Thanks. I think there are a lot of sensible player choices in there.

They really need veterans at some lesser starting positions..... and depth so they need to score on some bargains again.

I appreciate the effort, but thank god he's not our GM that's a lot worse than even Doug Whaley would ever imagine. I don't think a team in the history of FA has ever signed 10 FA's during the signing period, that's insane......and it would also cost us getting a 3rd round comp. pick for losing Gilmore, since we would've signed more FA than we lost. That's what really makes this plan bad. The restructures of Glenn and Dareus would only push huge cap hits further down the road, and for a team that's much closer to tearing it down then they are winning a SB that is another bad idea. Picking up Tyrod's contract and being forced to pay a very avg. QB $40.5M (what was Whaley thinking!!!!) for 2 years of service is assinine.

I appreciate the effort, but thank god he's not our GM that's a lot worse than even Doug Whaley would ever imagine. I don't think a team in the history of FA has ever signed 10 FA's during the signing period, that's insane......and it would also cost us getting a 3rd round comp. pick for losing Gilmore, since we would've signed more FA than we lost. That's what really makes this plan bad. The restructures of Glenn and Dareus would only push huge cap hits further down the road, and for a team that's much closer to tearing it down then they are winning a SB that is another bad idea. Picking up Tyrod's contract and being forced to pay a very avg. QB $40.5M (what was Whaley thinking!!!!) for 2 years of service is assinine.

The Bills have 45 roster spots, or thereabouts and 6 draft picks. How else are they suppose to get players to fill the roster this year?

Edited by Scott7975

Can't agree with much of this. Extending big contracts is just kicking the pain down the road, leading to yet more cap issues limiting the major rebuild the Bills need. Kicking cap down the road bites you, you can't keep doing it, it just snowballs and gets even worse. Keeping TT at feature QB dollars when he is nothing more than a bridge is cap suicide. And where is the hole at RT being filled in this plan? It is a major hole that needs to be filled. Like the resigning of Byrd to fill a short term need if you really could sign him cheap enough. Rather have Britt at WR for the dollars. CB is going to require some more dollars to get a decent FA. Good luck resigning Brown without way overpaying. There are much better choices out there to Woods and Gilmore for less dollars if you free up cap letting Wood and Graham go. Would love to see Graham take a pay cut and stay, but I don't see it being worth it to him to do so. And Williams is a ? due to his injury history. This whole plan just ensures mediocrity now and in the next few years. Admit that the Bills are not going to win the postseason this year and start building for the future now. And I don't mean a tear down, just starting this year by getting that decent FA RT, that decent FA WR and drafting a WR high. Getting a top 5 QB in the draft if one is there in the 2nd. Taking a shot at Kelly if he is there late.

Edited by simpleman

Lots of dart throwing there in FA. But his guess is as good as anyone's here because he's making assumptions about competition for these players services, meaning the team gets first dibs on players and doesn't have to compete.

And I wouldn't touch Jarius Turd on principle. Let him count his money somewhere else.

(I was a history major... It's a samurai joke not to be taken seriously)

And people say history degrees are useless.

I think there's a fair amount of people who aren't thrilled when someone creates a new thread just to drive traffic to their website.

Dude, plenty of people use Buffalo Rumblings.

I dislike his relying upon pay cuts and extensions to get cap space. I would prefer that we knuckle down and go crazy spending next year.

Really I think we have to really stock up on UDFA's. Maybe we find one or two diamonds in the rough.

Dude, plenty of people use Buffalo Rumblings.

I dislike his relying upon pay cuts and extensions to get cap space. I would prefer that we knuckle down and go crazy spending next year.

Really I think we have to really stock up on UDFA's. Maybe we find one or two diamonds in the rough.

I have to agree. It's hard to take a patient approach when you have a monkey on your back like this team does, but I think it's the smart play considering all factors.

Let's acquire picks if possible and let it ride to 2018.

The plan is fine, personally I want to move on from Taylor but I seem to be in the minority .

at least after free agency the Draft will come into better focus. Too many holes right now .

I agree with you on Taylor.

If I was GM of the Bills...

I'd commit ritual seppuku because I dishonored my ancestors with bad play on the field :P

(I was a history major... It's a samurai joke not to be taken seriously)

I took your posting literally and now my guts are spilling out. What do I do? Is there a ritual chant that will bring me back to health? Or am I doomed? :w00t: