Gillislee will get multiple offers

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a backup RB... Dear god people.

deer jerky,

how many teams employ one running back for more than 70% of their runs? Gillislee was a 2nd string rb. Those are valuable.

-God

Edited by Boyst62

I'm totally fine with spending a little extra cash to keep TD Mike. Just don't want to break the bank, hopefully it won't come to that. We all thought we might miss Karlos and that never happened. RB's are easily replaceable so who knows, we could keep running and not miss a beat without Gileslee but rather just keep the guy.

May have already been stated in the thread as I am too lazy right now to thoroughly check, but I could see the Patriots pulling a Chris Hogan and then he has a big year for them and we get more bad press for tendering him too low. Not a prediction, mind you, just a bad vision. Would love to keep him around.

Can we please stop saying that RB's are easily replaced? If that were true, every team would have a solid #1 & #2 for less than $5 million total. Some teams can't even find a true #1, and the good ones earn close to $10 million. All of the big name free agents are one wrong pivot away from retirement (as is Shady), and drafted players are a crap shoot. An extra $900k wouldn't have prevented us from re-signing anyone, and a 2nd round draft pick is exponentially more valuable than a 5th round.

This was a layup and Whaley botched it. After watching Hogan tear it up in New England, one would think he'd learned his lesson. I hope Gillislee is back in Buffalo this year, but I'd also be happy if another team picked him up and made Whaley look like a fool again.

Edited by MPT

He is more than just a backup running back. He spells a star that is on the downside of his career. Less than a million dollars more isn't the difference of getting rid of a bunch of players.

Exactly. Have we all forgotten Shady's hamstring history. We have to find a way to keep Mike. Please don't make this mistake again.

Maybe this is a crazy thought, but hear me out: Groy didn't play too badly last season, and Wood could very well get hurt again. The draft isn't deep at C, nor is the FA class. Could Groy be the one we should be worried about losing? And should we care?

Maybe this is a crazy thought, but hear me out: Groy didn't play too badly last season, and Wood could very well get hurt again. The draft isn't deep at C, nor is the FA class. Could Groy be the one we should be worried about losing? And should we care?

Honestly, this is Wood last season under contract. Post June 1st cut saves the team 4.5 mil in cap space. Groy played well in Wood absence. As a GM, I cut Wood and keep Groy while having a little extra space on someone else. Groy is 4 years younger than Wood too.

That guy was just brutal to watch. Didn't he finish with negative yards?

Yes he did. Minus 3 yards on 12 carries. NFL record lol.

Can we please stop saying that RB's are easily replaced? If that were true, every team would have a solid #1 & #2 for less than $5 million total. Some teams can't even find a true #1, and the good ones earn close to $10 million. All of the big name free agents are one wrong pivot away from retirement (as is Shady), and drafted players are a crap shoot. An extra $900k wouldn't have prevented us from re-signing anyone, and a 2nd round draft pick is exponentially more valuable than a 5th round.

This was a layup and Whaley botched it. After watching Hogan tear it up in New England, one would think he'd learned his lesson. I hope Gillislee is back in Buffalo this year, but I'd also be happy if another team picked him up and made Whaley look like a fool again.

Can we stop saying Hogan tore it up in New England? With a future HOF 5 time super bowl champion QB, Hogan got 250 more yards, 1 touchdown, and 9 more catches than Goodwin all year. Like wtf is with this hardon for Hogan.

Edited by What a Tuel

Can we stop saying Hogan tore it up in New England? With a future HOF 5 time super bowl champion QB, Hogan got 250 more yards, 1 touchdown, and 9 more catches than Goodwin all year. Like wtf is with this hardon for Hogan.

Considering Hogan was a third or sometimes fourth target in NE that was a pretty good season. Meanwhile we spent more money than the tender signing Harvin because all we could field for some games were some grocery baggers off the street. Hogan would have been the best receiver on the field at least 2 games. Second best in some more. No matter how you cut it, Whaley blew that one. His blunders are quickly piling up.

Considering Hogan was a third or sometimes fourth target in NE that was a pretty good season. Meanwhile we spent more money than the tender signing Harvin because all we could field for some games were some grocery baggers off the street. Hogan would have been the best receiver on the field at least 2 games. Second best in some more. No matter how you cut it, Whaley blew that one. His blunders are quickly piling up.

That is far different than "Hogan tearing it up in New England". He did not tear it up. Would he have been useful here rather than Harvin? Sure.

That is far different than "Hogan tearing it up in New England". He did not tear it up. Would he have been useful here rather than Harvin? Sure.

Ok I agree with that. Hogan didn't tear it up in the regular season, but he did in the post season for them. Other than just Harvin? He would have been our #1 receiver for two games and probably our #2 for 3 others. Yeah he would have been useful. The guy is better than any receiver on this team outside of Watkins and Woods(who is on the way out the door.) A week from now Hogan would be our penciled in #2 receiver. That's how bad our receiver core is. All because they wouldn't tender him for 800k more when they paid Harvin more than that. Bush more than that. Same mistake they are doing with Gilly... which is the point.

I really think DW wants the draft pick that's why he only put the 5th round tender on Gilly because he doesn't see anyone giving up a 2nd rounder for him.

I don't know why. Whaley hasn't hit on a 5th round pick in three drafts. Two of them are no longer on the team and the third seen 27 carries with 2 fumbles. Not that he hits on any of his picks really.

Edited by Scott7975

Ok I agree with that. Hogan didn't tear it up in the regular season, but he did in the post season for them. Other than just Harvin? He would have been our #1 receiver for two games and probably our #2 for 3 others. Yeah he would have been useful. The guy is better than any receiver on this team outside of Watkins and Woods(who is on the way out the door.) A week from now Hogan would be our penciled in #2 receiver. That's how bad our receiver core is. All because they wouldn't tender him for 800k more when they paid Harvin more than that. Bush more than that. Same mistake they are doing with Gilly... which is the point.

I don't know why. Whaley hasn't hit on a 5th round pick in three drafts. Two of them are no longer on the team and the third seen 27 carries with 2 fumbles.

Thats revising history. We have the unique perspective of Hogan playing under Taylor in which he put up Goodwin like stats. I do not want Hogan as our #2 WR and if not signing him last year, ensures that we aren't stuck with him as our #2 this year, then I wouldn't call it a blunder. Paying $4 million a year for Hogan is on the high end for a player of his caliber. It is a blunder that Whaley didn't go out and sign a player of his caliber not named Percy Harvin though. I surely hope Whaley goes out and drafts us a legit number 2.

As for Gillislee, I like the guy, but there is no reason Jonathan Williams can't fill his role if he gets a better offer. We don't need to splurge to keep a 2nd string RB. They have a habit of popping up frequently.

Edited by What a Tuel

Thats revising history. We have the unique perspective of Hogan playing under Taylor in which he put up Goodwin like stats. I do not want Hogan as our #2 WR and if not signing him last year, ensures that we aren't stuck with him as our #2 this year, then I wouldn't call it a blunder. Paying $4 million a year for Hogan is on the high end for a player of his caliber. It is a blunder that Whaley didn't go out and sign a player of his caliber not named Percy Harvin though. I surely hope Whaley goes out and drafts us a legit number 2.

As for Gillislee, I like the guy, but there is no reason Jonathan Williams can't fill his role if he gets a better offer. We don't need to splurge to keep a 2nd string RB. They have a habit of popping up frequently.

You didn't have to pay Hogan 4 million a year. A second round tender would have paid him a very reasonable 2.6 million or netted the Bills a 2nd round pick as compensation. It is very concerning to see Whaley not learn from past mistakes yet again.

Gillislee played his role at an elite level rushing for 5.7 yards a carry in back to back years and being incredible in short yardage and goaline carries. To say that there is no reason Jonathan Williams can fill his role is highly questionable as in Williams' limited time last season he struggled in short yardage, averaged a paltry 3.5 yards a carry and lost 2 fumbles in only 27 carries, in addition to off the field problems with a DUI.

I will be surprised if Shady is able to remain as healthy next year as he did this year past as history shows this is the time that RB's start to break down when they have this many carries. Gillislee also compliments Shady's weaknesses well. Gillislee is also an ideal fit for Dennison's one cut running scheme. Mark my words if the Bills let him hit free agency, Gillislee will be poached with a front loaded deal and Whaley will have lost his second solid contributor over 800K while he throws millions at stiffs like Harvin and Bush.

Edited by b2henning