Gillislee will get multiple offers

I really think DW wants the draft pick that's why he only put the 5th round tender on Gilly because he doesn't see anyone giving up a 2nd rounder for him.

agreed though I think he'd first like to sign him to an extension. If that doesn't work out he wants the draft pick. It would give us 3 5ths, which would likely provide ammo to trade up to the 4th. In a deep draft like this it could yield a very good player, perhaps a RB, CB, or safety. I'm not writing off jwill yet. Didn't get nearly enough carries to place judgment on his career. Gilllislee was thought of the same way in Miami before we picked him up. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The long and the short of it is that even losing Gillislee for a 5th round pick is a bad deal.

I agree. TDM is now a known product, whose style is comparable to Shady wherein no significantly different blocking schemes are required when he spells McCoy. I fear this is a new coaching staff who hasn't done enough homework vs. a financially concerned GM.

I would rather trade down in the 1st for a extra pick in a deep draft then lose Gillislee for a 5th . Quit creating more holes to fill.

Hope the Bills can match a offer he gets , risky not to have him and Groy not re-signed already.

Ok I agree with that. Hogan didn't tear it up in the regular season, but he did in the post season for them. Other than just Harvin? He would have been our #1 receiver for two games and probably our #2 for 3 others. Yeah he would have been useful. The guy is better than any receiver on this team outside of Watkins and Woods(who is on the way out the door.) A week from now Hogan would be our penciled in #2 receiver. That's how bad our receiver core is. All because they wouldn't tender him for 800k more when they paid Harvin more than that. Bush more than that. Same mistake they are doing with Gilly... which is the point.

I don't know why. Whaley hasn't hit on a 5th round pick in three drafts. Two of them are no longer on the team and the third seen 27 carries with 2 fumbles. Not that he hits on any of his picks really.

You are acting like this is a good thing? Hogan is a bum, get over it. Hunter would put up better numbers with Brady.

This is considered a "loaded" draft, so maybe that's why? Karlos Williams was a 5th rd pick, he had a dynamic rookie year before he ate himself off the team.

Edited by Deceptikhans