Mike Gillisllee - Combine News

Fixxxer

I see on this discussion reference to how BB would handle this. My guess would be he would tender him at yhe 2.8 2nd round tender and he would definitely cut McCoy. Brady or not yhere is no way he would keep him at an 8 mil cap hit

"the brady or not statement" is interesting

If there was "no brady" the pats would not be able to run in the same fashion as they do.....it really is that simply

They can win almost all their games because they hit the lottery at qb

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was "no brady" the pats would not be able to run in the same fashion as they do.....it really is that simply

A lot of people tend to forget this, imo.

Gillislee is one of the few consistent play makers on the team, backup or not. Get it done and let J. Willliams earn his reps.

Gillislee had the second most yards from scrimmage for the Bills in 2016. Not second among RBs, second among everybody.

I wouldn't cut McCoy as the cap savings aren't that great. You can split it over 2 years, but you're just compounding your cap issue by creating a hole where we didn't have one. I'd consider trading him though, as you can actually get an asset for him.

Gillislee had the second most yards from scrimmage for the Bills in 2016. Not second among RBs, second among everybody.

Our leading receiver was clay - who i thought had a lousy year (drops, and low targets).

@salsports

Bills would like to get multi-year deal done with RFA RB Mike Gillislee to spread cap hit. If can't decision has to be made on what tender..

Complicating decision is Bills already having $8.8M on cap for Shady. 2nd rd tender for Gillislee ($2.75M) would commit over $11M at RB spot

Bills may choose to place original rd tender on Gillislee ($1.8M) and still have right of 1st refusal or get 5th rd as comp. They're talking

@salsports

Assuming @RapSheet is correct that means Bills will pay Gillislee $1.797M this season. But another team can offer more, then Bills have....

..7 days to match or receive a 5th rd pick back in return. HOWEVER, very real chance two sides work out multi-year deal before that happens

Edited by YoloinOhio

I like the sounds of a long-term deal, but 5th round tender....that's really not going to stop anyone from offering him a deal. He's a second or third round back in this draft with no character concerns. There's a lot of value in that.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

Im gonna say that this was a mistake....they should have tendered him the 2nd round amount

I'm gonna have to agree with you John....it's appearing like the Bills are once again, a day late and dollar short with their contract negotiations...for a million more they have gotten a 2nd round compensation instead of a 5th if another team takes him...reminds me of the botched Hogan deal last year...I may be jumping the gun a little, here, but it really seems like contracts are the Bills Achilles heel...