official Buffalo Bills message board shut down

Glad you made it over... was wondering where you were!

And another familiar face I was waiting to see... welcome!

Took some time to see what places people were migrating to.

Starting to feel like home.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got infractions for things I thought were dumb from mods, but I don't know why folks seem to be so bitter towards them.

standingbuffalo, T&C, and Shaw are all over at billievers and I think they're staying away from this board probably because of the general contempt from some over here.

They had a tough job over at BBMB. It's the Internet... don't know why grudges can exist so strongly on the Internet towards individual posters. But with those grudges so prominent, if I were them, I'd probably stay away from this message board, too.

Well I think they are all missing out on a good place to post.

Edited by brofist61

I got infractions for things I thought were dumb from mods, but I don't know why folks seem to be so bitter towards them.

standingbuffalo, T&C, and Shaw are all over at billievers and I think they're staying away from this board probably because of the general contempt from some over here.

They had a tough job over at BBMB. It's the Internet... don't know why grudges can exist so strongly on the Internet towards individual posters. But with those grudges so prominent, if I were them, I'd probably stay away from this message board, too.

I would be talking with those guys in a totally calm cool and collected manner and into my inbox would pop a warning, and each time I had absolutely no idea what warranted it. T&C hit me with one a week ago for using a common acronym, and MASH pulled some serious bush league nonsense during the season that nearly resulted in me telling him where he could shove it. I never got an infraction or ban or anything, but I just have a general distaste for the high horse those guys rode around on.

Edited by BullBuchanan

That placed sucked when they shut down the politics sub... this place is way better

Wow, it really is gone- what a dig **** organization in every way possible, they deserve to suck as bottom dwellers, which th don't seem to mind doing... !@#$ OBD

The political forum was epic. There used to be this guy, KY_Billsfan or something like that. He made a lot of good posts. Never saw him much after they closed the political forum.

Amen Brotha... same to you

Do you remember me? I remember you. I remember how stupid you said I was for concluding EJ was a bust before week 8 of his rookie year? Do you member? I member.

Anyways, water under the bridge...I just couldn't not bring it up.

I was much more active over there. Maybe I just found the drama more entertaining. It's going to be different seeing civilized discussions.

Hey Bangarang, good to find you here! Any sightings of Logic, Soda Popkinski, Future Success?

I posted on the BBMB for ten years. Say what you want, but I loved it. There were peaks and valleys, but ultimately it was a great place to vent, laugh, debate...

The writing was on the wall for some time as critical posts would disappear without a trace. Most criticism towards this team is completely justified.

I have trudged through ten years with season tickets as well, but shockingly this is far more upsetting to me. Thanks all of you who made it a riot, even those of you completely at odds with my opinions.

Super lame. At least infractions are over. Can you call Whaley for what he is around here or do we have to pretend he is good at drafting?

The problem was the BBMB Moderators and veteran members. They'd ban everything and everyone for any criticism but veteran members were given much freedom.

Someone that name on these boards! I couldn't have my old name back!

I was honestly missing you Trans. Reunited and it feels so good.

:-) its a motley reunion for all we refugees for sure....But a welcome one! Nice to explore and see who is chatting where now.

pretty sure I saw logic

No sign of soda yet or future :(

Man this thread is LONG I was going to read through it but asking is faster lol....A lot of solid BBMB posters here already!m I'll keep a lookout for those guys. Isn't it wierd, how reuniting away from that site makes you ponder and realize how much you did value the varied takes of all the BBMB posters...acknowledging them if we had all stayed put likely would have never happened...anyway I am so glad and grateful for options like here after what we had was Poofed

The problem was the BBMB Moderators and veteran members. They'd ban everything and everyone for any criticism but veteran members were given much freedom.

that's not true I've been banned and got a bunch of infractions for petty crap

Funny reading all this. This is kinda like the Public School in town shutting down and forcing everybody to enroll in the private Parochial School.

Just pay your tuition on time, don't swear, fly under the radar, and most importantly watch out for Sister Scary Mary when she comes swinging @ your knuckles with the ruler.

Holy moly... It is just a football team! ;-)

that's not true I've been banned and got a bunch of infractions for petty crap

From what I remember you were given more leeway than most. You'd call people names and escape without infraction. If anyone said that to you they'd be banned

Some still bellyaching about BBMB mods and the C.O.C?

Color me surprised.

Yes and for good reason. Many good members were unfairly given infractions by modes like standingbufflo. The mods ruined that message board

From what I remember you were given more leeway than most. You'd call people names and escape without infraction. If anyone said that to you they'd be banned

Yes and for good reason. Many good members were unfairly given infractions by modes like standingbufflo. The mods ruined that message board

just some friendly advice.

let it ride man. new surroundings here, time to let the past go and appreciate the opportunity to be here for some good buffalo bills discussion. this place is the big leagues when it comes to discussion boards, a well established community.

Some still bellyaching about BBMB mods and the C.O.C?

Color me surprised.

From the little bit I've inadvertently surmised there are some escapees from that plantation that know you as "Stephen".

CALLLLVINNNN!

News flash to BBMB refugees........we don't care about your former board issues.........we knew it sucked.....but you're here now, settle in. :thumbsup:

Edited by #BADOL

17 years without playoffs has made the online fan base anxious, suspicious and even a bit loony. The BBMB reflected that.

Hope all is well for you in Maine!

Eric

Hey Eric, good to hear from you- we're back in Denver, and happy to be so- you still here?

not only aren't they the first, the Bills are pretty much the last team to finally pull the message board from their official site. Just catching up to the rest of the league. I posted earlier that there are currently only two other afc team sites that still house a fan message board - Colts and Chargers.

Denverbroncos.com still host a MB- overmoderated and ridiculous, but still present