The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

And this is why it's a ridiculous idea to allow networks to cite these "fact-checks" during debates and speeches.

The quote cited here is clearly true.

Dems have absolutely shifted their views on the effectiveness and morality of barriers at the border.

.DxTi3E-W0AM6wjg.jpg

Well, clearly they are 100% accurate, because their "ruling" is based on:

The fence was different from the wall Trump promised to build on the campaign trail, which he said would be made of "hardened concrete" as tall as "95 stories" with a "very big, very beautiful door."

Since Schumer (and the rest of the Democrats) didn't actually vote for a 95 story wall with a big beautiful door, Trump lied because we must take every hyperbolic statement he makes completely literally with no reason, nuance, or discernment possible.

#OrangeManBad

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Just heard "Buzzfeed's right and Mueller knows it; Mueller just issued a denial to protect his investigation from being investigated for the leak."  :lol:

The best part of this story is that it was RR's office who asked them to make a statement rebuking the story. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

NBC contributor. 

That Allred guy wrote a book about Beyonce, so he's no longer white. That makes him qualified to call white people terrorists.

Though I did love this response to his tweet:

DxXIB_gWoAIx9uF.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Frequently.  But when the MSM is wrong, who'll report it?

ALONG WITH MOST OF THE MEDIA, INCLUDING MOST OF THE “CONSERVATIVE” MEDIA: 

I Failed the Covington Catholic Test: Next time there’s a viral story, I’ll wait for more facts to emerge.

As I watched the longer videos, I began to see the smirking kid in a different light. It seemed to me that a wave of emotions rolled over his face as Phillips approached him: confusion, fear, resolve. He finally, I thought, settled on an expression designed to mimic respect while signaling to his friends that he’s got this under control. Observing it, I wondered what different reaction I could have reasonably hoped a high-school junior to have in such an unfamiliar and bewildering situation. I came up empty.

He certainly did better than a lot of allegedly mature and sensible journalists and pundits. Which is the problem with this resolution at the end of the article: “I’ll get my news from legitimate journalists instead of an online mob for whom Saturday-morning indignation is just another form of entertainment.”

But it was the “legitimate journalists” who pushed this story and the dishonest video. It was other people who got to the truth.

• Like (+1) 2

If an old white man walked up on a group of black kids, invaded the personal space of one, and began banging a drum in his face, how do you think that would go over?

If the black kid stood and smiled at him would there be outrage? If he punched him in the face would there be outrage then? Or would they say the white man had it coming?

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

If an old white man walked up on a group of black kids, invaded the personal space of one, and began banging a drum in his face, how do you think that would go over?

If the black kid stood and smiled at him would there be outrage? If he punched him in the face would there be outrage then? Or would they say the white man had it coming?

The black kids native tongue is a drum line bro. They'd be down. It'd get turnt real quick.  Diggity yo yo yo

On 3/11/2017 at 8:56 PM, Boyst62 said:
On 3/11/2017 at 8:44 PM, Logic said:

Is that really what you took from that?

70% vs 26%. My point in posting it was to suggest that yes, Tapper has a point. You have to fact check Trump more because he (demonstrably, statistically) lies more often. Simple as that.

I read 62% of your post then read 33% of mein Kampf. Then read 67.1% of statistics are not right.

50237785_10161297816600156_6960896549379375104_o.jpg

IT GETS WORSE: Not only did the Keyboard Warriors use misleading video edits to smear the Covington teens, and not only did media and our celebrity superiors jump on the Outrage Train without any fact-checking, but now the “righteous” have doxxed the wrong kid: who is now getting death threats.

Nice going, all you virtuous jerks.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'm happy to see people coming around to my view.

Soon. Soon the day of reckoning will come for the "free press."

To be fair, I think a lot of people agree in general with your position. Where the disagreement comes in is the solution proposed. Just like my earlier comment this morning to the Dude, you can't fight fascism with more fascism. 

Expose the corrupt journalists, prosecute those who have committed actual crimes - no one argues that (I think).

But there are plenty of partisan journalists who haven't committed any crimes, but are merely just either partisan hacks or asshats when they were (unknowingly) running fake stories/propaganda. Those are tougher to deal with, but the principles should remain the same. Expose them as frauds to their audiences and the market at large, and let the marketplace deal with them. 

imo anyway :beer:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1