How often do you drink?

NCDAWG

14 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’ve been drinking much more lately than I normally do.  Nothing much else to do.

I typically don’t drink during the week at all, but will indulge on the weekends. With all this going on, my wife is super busy with work and is basically holed up in the home office all day long. I’m not, Ive probably “worked” about 3 hours in a week. So I’ve pretty much had the full dose of wrangling the 3 year old all day for the last week. I haven’t missed a day of drinking yet. 

7 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I typically don’t drink during the week at all, but will indulge on the weekends. With all this going on, my wife is super busy with work and is basically holed up in the home office all day long. I’m not, Ive probably “worked” about 3 hours in a week. So I’ve pretty much had the full dose of wrangling the 3 year old all day for the last week. I haven’t missed a day of drinking yet. 

My wife and I are both educators.  We have 2 kids (10 & 6) that we are trying really hard to home school them properly.  Schools are closed for the rest of the school year here, but we are still getting paid to “work from home.”

We do home schooling from around 9-11ish, have lunch and spend some time playing with the kids out in the yard.  After lunch, the kids have some free time to do whatever they choose.  That’s usually when we have our first drink.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My wife and I are both educators.  We have 2 kids (10 & 6) that we are trying really hard to home school them properly.  Schools are closed for the rest of the school year here, but we are still getting paid to “work from home.”

We do home schooling from around 9-11ish, have lunch and spend some time playing with the kids out in the yard.  After lunch, the kids have some free time to do whatever they choose.  That’s usually when we have our first drink.  

Are the kids enjoying the early Happy Hour with you? Hey, I’m not here to judge..... 

10 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I just poured 2.5 Budweisers in a Yeti to take the dog for a 25 minute walk if thats any indication. 

Any indication of what? That you're going to be thirsty 7 minutes into the walk?

• Haha (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I just poured 2.5 Budweisers in a Yeti to take the dog for a 25 minute walk if thats any indication. 

I've been taking regular walks. I regularly take a roadie with me on those walks.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I've been taking regular walks. I regularly take a roadie with me on those walks.  

I dig......I walk the dog every  day unless it rains, but I've only recently started toting a beverage. Not sure why I haven't thought of this earlier. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I regularly take a sixer to the dog park, but the damned park is closed now.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/18/2017 at 6:06 PM, dib said:

I never drink unless I'm alone or with somebody else.

This is gold. Gold Jerry. Plus we actually live in the same town in South Florida.

I try to only drink on days that end in "Y"!

I'm sure our most of our consumption has increased, stress and boredom.

46 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'd very much like to talk to Sampson, but I've been on the wagon for 3 weeks due to a potential job change. Generally if I have a bit of smoke I stop drinking for the night. 

I should add legal medical marijuana has helped with my drinking reduction and my health in general.

Strangest thing,  some of the very high THC concentrates (around 90% THC) don't get me very stoned (can't figure out why) but help tremendously with with my back pain and sleeping issues. But smoking pot (around 20% THC) gets me majorily stoned, and still helps with the medical issues. Probably related to the turpines.

18 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I should add legal medical marijuana has helped with my drinking reduction and my health in general.

Strangest thing,  some of the very high THC concentrates (around 90% THC) don't get me very stoned (can't figure out why) but help tremendously with with my back pain and sleeping issues. But smoking pot (around 20% THC) gets me majorily stoned, and still helps with the medical issues. Probably related to the turpines.

Whatever works for YOU is awesome with ME. 

Stupid states.....

21 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yes, but only light beer.

When I left WNY and Canadian beer for college in Cincinnati where they had 3.2 beer (for those 18- 21), I never knew one person could pee so much! Fortunately, on my 19th birthday I magically turned 21 at all the college bars we went to. A buddy tried to buy me 19 shots of Wild Turkey, and I either gained some cred, or entertained the hell out of them in the quest that failed. 

Edited by Augie