How often do you drink?

NCDAWG

It's quite interesting that being a non-drinker is considered both a negative and a positive. "Good for you! Now get out of my house so i don't feel ashamed about how much I drink."

To reflect back on this again, unbillieable nailed it w/the above take. Quite interesting. Already seen once in this thread: "you must be a real hit at the parties."

I caught this a while back. I think I may have posted it here sometime ago. Interesting, about how women are getting caught up in the negative effects of competing in a "man's world"...

Mad Women? "Sex convergence"... Did women generally "always know better"... The way culture defined gender roles. From temperance to days of wine and roses... "Mad women?"

http://m.newser.com/story/233050/women-are-boozing-it-up-as-much-as-men.html

https://www.google.com/amp/www.womenshealthmag.com/life/drinking-too-much%3Famp?client=ms-android-verizon

"Last year, Tracy started Mommy Drinks, a neighborhood social club of about 30 mothers who meet up at a local bar, sans children, on the first Friday of every month. "I used to push my son's stroller past this bar and see everyone inside having a good time," she recalls. "I thought, 'Why can't I be in there, too?'"

"Drinking to excess is one area where it's very dangerous for women to compete with men," Wilkens says. Binge drinking raises your risk of high blood pressure, stroke, and brain damage and increases the chances that you'll contract an STD or have an unintended pregnancy."

Usually nothing Sundays-Wednesdays. Maybe occasionally if we go to one of our parents houses for dinner. Thursday 1-3 drinks. Friday 4-6 drinks, Saturday 4-6 drinks. I'm a fan of craft IPA's and Crown Royal Manhattans.

Edited by Wooderson

I've cut way back on drinking myself. I basically hardly ever do it on weekdays anymore, only sometimes on the weekends, and never at my house (only when I'm out with friends / at a hockey game /etc). I feel SO MUCH BETTER overall now that I've cut way back. I still enjoy it when I do, I don't consume as much when I do drink (it hits me a lot harder), I feel better in general and I've lost weight.

I think there's a happy medium for each person to find and it's really, really hard to find it if you naturally like to drink. It definitely took me years to do so.

I drink every Saturday & it usually revolves around watching college sports(football/basketball) but rarely if ever drink Monday thru Friday. Football season I will drink on Sunday also but not nearly as much as Saturday. I never understood people that have 1 or 2 beer every night after work. Once I start drinking it is hard for me to stop which is why I rarely drink during the week. My wife says there is a clinical name for my drinking habits. Oh yea, binge alchoholic.

Edited by Gordio

I'm surprised by the number of teetotalers on a football message board, as well as the number of folks with alcoholic relatives!

My dad's side of the family is European and that means cocktails every evening and wine with dinner. My wife and I have altered that somewhat...we just drink wine, but it's a rare day when I don't have 1-3 glasses. I rarely get "drunk" and never drive if I've been drinking at more than a 1 drink/hour pace. As far as I can tell, I've not experienced any negative repercussions (besides $$ spent) from my drinking habits.

I think a lot of people simply don't understand what casual or social drinking means -- they believe anyone who drinks gets drunk all the time.

I drink every Saturday & it usually revolves around watching college sports(football/basketball) but rarely if ever drink Monday thru Friday. Football season I will drink on Sunday also but not nearly as much as Saturday. I never understood people that have 1 or 2 beer every night after work. Once I start drinking it is hard for me to stop which is why I rarely drink during the week. My wife says there is a clinical name for my drinking habits. Oh yea, binge alchoholic.

Hah, same here. That's also why I rarely drink during the weekdays. After about 2 drinks I don't want to stop.

• 3 weeks later...

I've cut way back on drinking myself. I basically hardly ever do it on weekdays anymore, only sometimes on the weekends, and never at my house (only when I'm out with friends / at a hockey game /etc). I feel SO MUCH BETTER overall now that I've cut way back. I still enjoy it when I do, I don't consume as much when I do drink (it hits me a lot harder), I feel better in general and I've lost weight.

I think there's a happy medium for each person to find and it's really, really hard to find it if you naturally like to drink. It definitely took me years to do so.

The above is pretty much where I am at. I totally understand what you said about happy mediums.

I used to drink too much beer, mostly cheap beer at that. I stopped for a year and was fine, meaning not a great struggle.

My doctors all say that 2 drinks a day are ok. I do this with my girlfriend now once every 1 or 2 weeks, and for whatever reason I can no longer stomach commercial beer. So, I do 2 IPAs or craft beers every now and then and it's cool.

That said, I have watched almost all of the Bills and Alabama games alcohol free. It doesn't bother me but to be honest its a little confusing. Once I am actually sitting there looking at the games I don't care at all, which is great.

I have not smoked a cigarette since 10/15/15 and never will smoke again. That is getting easier but urges still occur. If I can quit cigarettes anybody can, although it is tougher (for me) than alcohol by a wide margin. I'm not sure how this is for other people.

Pretty much everyday but rarely more than one or two. Maybe 3 or 4 if the wine is flowing or at a party.

Enjoying a cold one on the back of the ferry right now. Almost 70 today in SF.

Cheers, damn you.....40 mph winds and 30 degrees in Pennsylvania right now. No worries, the groundhog said spring is just around the corner.

Cheers, damn you.....40 mph winds and 30 degrees in Pennsylvania right now. No worries, the groundhog said spring is just around the corner.

It's rained here everyday for the last 3 months so the ferry deck is SRO today. 😄

Bring back the drought!