How often do you drink?

NCDAWG

So last year our daughter went off to college. My wife and I have been having a good time with it. We usually drink wed-sun. Consisting of a couple of glasses of wine and 8-10 hard drinks. We have no health issues and both exercise regularly and dont smoke. Is this a bit much, just thoughts.

Is that daily intake from Wed-Sunday or overall between Wed-Sunday?

That's my question. If that's the daily amount that's a LOT.

My routine was Thurs (sometimes) Fri and Sat (every week) Sun (sometimes). And it would be 6-8 drinks per day usually wine or beer. That became too much so I've been dry for about a year (ok ok so I fell off the wagon that day in Sept and lost the car keys...geez).

too much, but i take breaks every once in a while to make sure i am able to take breaks. i probably go to my local watering hole an average of 3+ times a week. problem i have been having is my local establishment is practically next door to the planet fitness i go to, so if i go to the gym after work, i stop in for a couple barley pops. I am guessing if i stopped going to the gym, my consumption would plummet :-)

too much, but i take breaks every once in a while to make sure i am able to take breaks. i probably go to my local watering hole an average of 3+ times a week. problem i have been having is my local establishment is practically next door to the planet fitness i go to, so if i go to the gym after work, i stop in for a couple barley pops. I am guessing if i stopped going to the gym, my consumption would plummet :-)

As you know my PF is in Oakland. It smelled of skunk in there one day.

Pretty much every Friday night and Saturdays for college bball. Nothing the rest of the week.

Oh yeah. During the fall, I drink to forget the Bills every Sunday.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Anyone who knows me knows I used to drink heavily, and usually liquor.

Some time ago, I stopped drinking altogether. Took a few years off it, as I worked through some stuff. Recently, I've allowed myself a beer a day.

Though, given some events going on in personal life, could see that radically increasing. <_<

Don't really want to, but the thought of overall sobriety's lost a lot of its luster :lol:

A couple of years ago I picked up a bottle of Havana Rum at a Duty Free Store in Frankfurt. Great stuff! Aged and very smooth. Burned thru that, and 2-3 years later found it in Amsterdam, so got 2 bottles. A funny thing happened since then, I retired. I still have a bottle and a half left, still love it, but don't come home thinking "I need a drink" anymore.

I make it a point to tell myself to not say "I need a drink", kind of a psychological thing. I don't want to allow myself to become that 'stressed out'. I drink because i love great beer. Rarely, if ever, will I come home and have a drink while watching tv or a drink with dinner. I am usually venturing out to explore a local brewery or a beer that was just put on tap. I like to play games with my own head to try and convince myself i don't have a drinking problem. :-)

A couple of years ago I picked up a bottle of Havana Rum at a Duty Free Store in Frankfurt. Great stuff! Aged and very smooth. Burned thru that, and 2-3 years later found it in Amsterdam, so got 2 bottles. A funny thing happened since then, I retired. I still have a bottle and a half left, still love it, but don't come home thinking "I need a drink" anymore.

I probably average 1-2 drinks per day, but I don't drink every day. Some weekend nights I will get absolutely toasted...8-10 drinks. During the work week drinking a couple helps me unwind from the day and fall asleep. I always feel uncomfortable when the doctor asks me how much alcohol I drink, and I usually lie. But I don't think I drink that much...right?

I probably average 1-2 drinks per day, but I don't drink every day. Some weekend nights I will get absolutely toasted...8-10 drinks. During the work week drinking a couple helps me unwind from the day and fall asleep. I always feel uncomfortable when the doctor asks me how much alcohol I drink, and I usually lie. But I don't think I drink that much...right?

To those of you that can have a couple and be done I have only one thing to say to you. &#33;@#&#036; you!! :censored:

A couple does not exist in my world. When I was back in WNY last month I was at the local bar when they opened at 11am had one beer and it was ON!!

I asked my doctor a few years ago. They showed me a chart.

The chart showed my life expectancy at 0 drinks per day. At 2 drinks per day my life expectancy went up. At 3 drinks per day my life expectancy was the same as at 0 drinks per day. At 4 drinks or over per day life expectancy went downhill fast.

So I have settled on 2 - 3 per day. Must be standard drinks. Free pouring mixed drinks gets me in trouble fast and defeats the purpose of the chart.

I asked my doctor a few years ago. They showed me a chart.

The chart showed my life expectancy at 0 drinks per day. At 2 drinks per day my life expectancy went up. At 3 drinks per day my life expectancy was the same as at 0 drinks per day. At 4 drinks or over per day life expectancy went downhill fast.

So I have settled on 2 - 3 per day. Must be standard drinks. Free pouring mixed drinks gets me in trouble fast and defeats the purpose of the chart.

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor. :w00t:

To those of you that can have a couple and be done I have only one thing to say to you. !@#$ you!! :censored:

A couple does not exist in my world. When I was back in WNY last month I was at the local bar when they opened at 11am had one beer and it was ON!!

Same here. They're like Pringles. Once you pop, you can't stop.

I rarely touch the hard stuff anymore, but I drink a **** load of beer. Daily.