How often do you drink?

NCDAWG

That's my question. If that's the daily amount that's a LOT.

My routine was Thurs (sometimes) Fri and Sat (every week) Sun (sometimes). And it would be 6-8 drinks per day usually wine or beer. That became too much so I've been dry for about a year (ok ok so I fell off the wagon that day in Sept and lost the car keys...geez).

That sounds a lot like my routine, but I don't always stop at 8, I put whiskey in the rotation, and I try not to work Thu and Sun into the same week.

Rule of thumb: Don't drink more than 2 days in a row, and if you do, take the next 2 days off. If you break those rules you're going to have a bad time.

I don't have a hard-and-fast rule. If I feel like drinking a beer or a glass of wine, I'll do it. I will rarely drink more than 2 beers in a sitting, usually just one. My liquor of choice tends to be rum... again I won't usually drink more than two. I'd say I would average about 2-3 days per week where I have a drink.

Beer festivals are where things get interesting. We go to about 3 or 4 of those per year but with the oddly sized sample glass and wide variety of ABVs, it's hard to know how much alcohol you consume at them.

My wife and I were with friends down in New Orleans this year for Mardi Gras. I got enough drinking out of that trip to last me quite some time... haven't had a drink since. When I drink too much, I will wake up in a sweat with my heart racing... it's an unpleasant enough feeling for me that I don't like to do it unless it's for a specific occasion.

Sorry KD, the opportunity was there. Thought it was funny.

No rules/restrictions here. Usually beer and/or bourbon or scotch on weekends. Wife likes wine so usually a bottle or two between us a couple nights a week with dinner. We just generally have fun no matter what, alcohol or water, we have a good time.

I see a lot of wine drinkers here. I'm pushing 40 and I can probably count the number of times I drank an entire glass of wine on 2 hands(not counting Boons farm or mad dog 20/20 in my younger days). Is that even wine? Maybe I need to step it up and get refined.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

Friday, Saturday for me. Will start with a few nice local beers then move to either straight whiskey on the rocks or vodka/soda/lime when it's hot out. I'm pretty good holding to my Friday, Saturday only rule but will stray from time to time. Last season with the Sharks in the playoffs I needed a little help to mellow me out during weekday games.

Pretty much done. Lost 40lbs . Lifting and doing push ups 400. Chin ups ,pullups Bench presses ,curls, bands. 4 times a week. Hour and a half time . Drunks are punks. 58 and feeling great. Drink a hard cola ....once in a great while.

Why can't anyone be happy for their own situation without putting others down? You sound like yet another person who couldn't control himself enough to drink socially -- i.e., anyone who drinks is a drunk. Glad you're happy and healthy but your path isn't the only one.