Vince Young - another comeback planned.

KGun12TD

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know people poke fun at the Wonderlic but when you have a guy like TT failing to perform many of the mental requirements of the QB position it says something. Give me Cardale and that 25 all day long and send TT off to OZ for that brain. EJ scored the same as Peyton, so the test obviously isn't a measure for success but an alarmingly low score could be a hint at something? Couldn't it?

I think that this clearly shows that it means nothing

You are correct. High Wonderlic scores mean nothing. They do nothing to indicate that a guy will be a great QB. On the flip side extremely low Wonderlic scores indicate that a QB doesn't have the processing ability required to play QB in today's NFL. Guys with high Wonderlic scores don't always turn out to be great QB's. Guys with really low Wonderlic scores always turn out to be busts.

No. It clearly shows that a high Wonderlic score means that someone could (not will) be a successful starting QB in the NFL.

And it clearly shows that a Wonderlic score below 20 DEFINITELY means that someone will not be a successful starting QB in the NFL.

No. It clearly shows that a high Wonderlic score means that someone could (not will) be a successful starting QB in the NFL.

And it clearly shows that a Wonderlic score below 20 DEFINITELY means that someone will not be a successful starting QB in the NFL.

Johnny Manziel - 32

Dan Marino and Donovan McNabb - 16

Johnny Manziel - 32

Dan Marino and Donovan McNabb - 16

Marino and McNabb played in a different era.

Manziel proves my point. Could be successful. Not will be.

I'm telling you. Anything under a 20 in today's league means failure.

So, maybe 16 is the floor, and a perfect score will not be enough if you are a tiny little drug addict? (But I rooting for JF to get his act together!)

Count me in as one who wants Manziel to clean up and be successful. A couple years ago, I wasn't in that camp. The kid needs help. He's got talent. But there's more to life than football.

Certainly worth the chance as a camp arm as long as he understands that he will not be on roster day 1 so contract would not be guaranteed. Motivation seemed to be some of his factors since he displayed some talent. I would not sign him without him willing to get without willingness to spend some time with a team-designated mental health professional to ensure he is in right place for camp.

Marino and McNabb played in a different era.

Manziel proves my point. Could be successful. Not will be.

I'm telling you. Anything under a 20 in today's league means failure.

This thread is your Wonderlic, and your score is a 6. You are the Vince Young of TBD. Congrats. You have a long career of window licking ahead of you.

I respect anyone for pursuing their dreams but man, he must be broke. He can't seriously believe he is still NFL caliber. He sucked 3 years ago.

Wasn't he broke 3 years ago? Maybe with collection people showing up at camp? I doubt it's gotten better.... I'll wish almost anyone good luck though. Go get 'em up north, Vince. Someone might sign "the name" as a backup, which pays more than nothing.

Wasn't he broke 3 years ago? Maybe with collection people showing up at camp? I doubt it's gotten better.... I'll wish almost anyone good luck though. Go get 'em up north, Vince. Someone might sign "the name" as a backup, which pays more than nothing.

I'd respect his comeback if he did go to the CFL. Same with little Johnny. Prove how bad you want it.