Trump and Russia

4 hours ago, OJABBA said:

I can't stand Obama, but this "After the election, I'll have more flexibility" hubbub is nonsense. I really doubt he and Putin would be conversing about Uranium deals, or anything else that important, while the press is around. Obama was probably mentioning something like his schedule will be more flexible or something. 

If I remember it correctly It had to do with the plans for a US led NATO missile defense system in Europe.  Putin was concerned it was aimed against Russia and would undermine their nuclear deterrent while the US insisted it was to protect Europe from threats from Iran.  Republicans attacked Obama (especially McCain and Romney) after that hot mic incident saying Obama wouldn't follow through on the missile defense system in order to appease Russia after the election.

17 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If I remember it correctly It had to do with the plans for a US led NATO missile defense system in Europe.  Putin was concerned it was aimed against Russia and would undermine their nuclear deterrent while the US insisted it was to protect Europe from threats from Iran.  Republicans attacked Obama (especially McCain and Romney) after that hot mic incident saying Obama wouldn't follow through on the missile defense system in order to appease Russia after the election.

You are correct.

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Papa Bush promised NATO would not expand east after the Commies fell and Putin is extremely sore about this

Which, all things considered (the fact you can turn a missile defense system into an offensive missile system in minutes), he had a right to be sore. 

The US would rightfully be sore if the Russians started installing missile defense platforms in Mexico and Canada claiming it was to protect Russia from Icelandic aggression...

8 hours ago, DC Tom said:

No, you can't.  That's not how it works.  

Minutes was being dramatic. Hours. Less than a day. 

The Lockheed platform (aegis ashore) uses the same launch platform as the Mark 41 launching systems - as I'm sure you know. You can launch tomahawks (or other missiles) from them as easily as you can an interceptor missile. 

All a missile shield is is another missile launching system. There is no way to determine what type of ordinance is in the launching systems until they're airborne. By then, it's too late if those systems have your borders surrounded. 

17 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Which, all things considered (the fact you can turn a missile defense system into an offensive missile system in minutes), he had a right to be sore. 

The US would rightfully be sore if the Russians started installing missile defense platforms in Mexico and Canada claiming it was to protect Russia from Icelandic aggression...

But we are the good guys. We are on the right side of history. Russia is a bad actor and needs to be marginalized. What you are saying is basically terrorist should have the same weapons as we do. 

Don't blame Tibs. He's declared he's "team Langley". You know, the guys who spent the past seven years arming our enemies, funding people who burn babies, and illegally meddling in the affairs of sovereign nations' destinies - not to further America's interests abroad, but to line their own pockets. 

He doesn't have the mental bandwidth for this conversation. Just enjoy the show when the two monkeys in his head start strangling each other when he figures out how wrong he has been this past year and change. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He doesn't have the mental bandwidth for this conversation. (True)

Just enjoy the show (True)

when the two monkeys in his head start strangling each other when he figures out how wrong he has been this past year. (Ohhhh, so close, This will never happen)

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He doesn't have the mental bandwidth for this conversation. Just enjoy the show when the two monkeys in his head start strangling each other when he figures out how wrong he has been this past year and change. 

Yeah...still waiting for him to figure out the Federal Reserve isn't part of the government.

Don't hold your breath.