Trump and Russia

Big if true.

@washingtonpost

Sessions discussed matters related to Trump campaign with Russian ambassador, U.S. intelligence intercepts show

https://t.co/a9Ke617uaw

Is this bad because it's the Russians?

Because Obama did a foreign policy tour of Europe while campaigning in 2008. And as a sitting Senator (like Sessions was), he had a right to.

So this is just about "Russia bad!" right?

Because Obama did a foreign policy tour of Europe while campaigning in 2008. And as a sitting Senator (like Sessions was), he had a right to.

Or like I said SO !@#$ING WHAT?

:lol:

No. It would be bad because of his testimony in confirmation hearings and the amended statements afterward would be untrue.

Big if true.

@washingtonpost

Sessions discussed matters related to Trump campaign with Russian ambassador, U.S. intelligence intercepts show

https://t.co/a9Ke617uaw

Another Friday night in Washington, another "if it's true it could be big"..................... :lol: .....I can't wait for the July 28th "sure-fire Trump impeachment leak"...... B-)

583944.png?w=319&h=319

Another way of looking at it however............ :flirt:

Coincidences are sometimes an amazing spectacle to behold. President Trump, who’s been bitter ever Jeff Sessions acted ethically, stepping away from the Russia investigation, publicly slammed Sessions in an interview with the New York Times saying he’d never have offered him the role of Attorney General if he knew Sessions would recuse himself.

Coincidentally, just two days later, the Washington Post is reporting this potential bombshell:

Under normal circumstances, Trump supporters would be apoplectic over this story. They’d scream about illegal leaks, the supposed “deep state” and how saboteurs in the media are working to undermine the Trump administration.

But after Trump’s comments on Wednesday, look for criticism if any, to be muted. In fact, if I were thinking like a Trumper, I’d argue the information was leaked by Trump administration officials to get Jeff Sessions to a point where he’d have to resign.

People were wondering if Sessions might leave in the wake of Trump’s comments, but Sessions said he’d stay on as long as it was “appropriate.”

Trump wants him out and this story may be the push that does it.

flickr-jeff-sessions-300x169.jpg

Another Friday night in Washington, another "if it's true it could be big"..................... :lol: .....I can't wait for the July 28th "sure-fire Trump impeachment leak"...... B-)

583944.png?w=319&h=319

Another way of looking at it however............ :flirt:

Coincidences are sometimes an amazing spectacle to behold. President Trump, who’s been bitter ever Jeff Sessions acted ethically, stepping away from the Russia investigation, publicly slammed Sessions in an interview with the New York Times saying he’d never have offered him the role of Attorney General if he knew Sessions would recuse himself.

Coincidentally, just two days later, the Washington Post is reporting this potential bombshell:

Under normal circumstances, Trump supporters would be apoplectic over this story. They’d scream about illegal leaks, the supposed “deep state” and how saboteurs in the media are working to undermine the Trump administration.

But after Trump’s comments on Wednesday, look for criticism if any, to be muted. In fact, if I were thinking like a Trumper, I’d argue the information was leaked by Trump administration officials to get Jeff Sessions to a point where he’d have to resign.

People were wondering if Sessions might leave in the wake of Trump’s comments, but Sessions said he’d stay on as long as it was “appropriate.”

Trump wants him out and this story may be the push that does it.

flickr-jeff-sessions-300x169.jpg

Nice try, but the WaPo reporter has been working on this story since early in June. So there was no sudden leak to fit your narrative.

How about his sworn testimony?

It wasn't the BJ that got Slick Willy in legal trouble.

I actually want Sessions to stay in office. He seems like a guy who's not a Trump sycophant and god knows we need guys like that. Hopefully this doesn't stick. It will be telling to see how Donny reacts.

By the way, I'd like to see someone explain Trump's position on Russia under oath. Good luck speaking the truth...how would you even know it was unless you were standing in the changing winds of his mind at that second.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

This testimony? THE WASHINGTON POST SWINGS AND MISSES AT JEFF SESSIONS

The Washington Post claims that Attorney General Sessions’ statements about what he discussed with the Russian ambassador are at odds with reports by the ambassador to his government about what he and Sessions discussed. The Post relies on, you guessed it, “current and former U.S. officials.” :lol:

But the Post fails to describe a contradiction between what Sessions has said and what the Russian ambassador supposedly reported. Here are the only statements by Sessions cited by the Post and its sources as problematic:

I never had meetings with Russian operatives or Russian intermediaries about the Trump campaign.

I don’t recall any discussion of the campaign in any significant way.

I never met with or had any conversation with any Russians or foreign officials concerning any type of interference with any campaign or election in the United States.

Here is the Post’s description of what the Russian ambassador told the government:

A former official said that the intelligence indicates that Sessions and Kislyak had “substantive” discussions on matters including Trump’s positions on Russia-related issues and prospects for U.S.-Russia relations in a Trump administration.

Maybe. But even someone with average skill in reading and logic would understand that this description is not inconsistent with Sessions’ denial that he did not discuss the campaign with the ambassador.

Another Friday night "dump"...................in every sense of the word

Edited by B-Man

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/07/22/intel-officials-blast-trump/501199001/

ASPEN, Colo. — Top former U.S. intelligence officials who helped author the assessment that Russia interfered in the 2016 elections voiced searing criticism Friday of President Trump's continuing disregard for the undisputed conclusions and his repeated rebukes of the U.S. intelligence services.

Former National Intelligence Director James Clapper and CIA Director John Brennan held nothing back during a panel discussion hosted by the Aspen Security Forum. They seized on a stream of Trump's tweets in which he accused officials of leaking unsubstantiated information about the president and compared the alleged actions to the gestapo tactics of "Nazi Germany.''

Brennan called Trump's "disparagement" of the intelligence institutions as "disgraceful," adding that he should be "ashamed."

Clapper, playing off the president's own campaign slogan, said that Trump's actions were "making Russia great again."

How about his sworn testimony?

It wasn't the BJ that got Slick Willy in legal trouble.

I actually want Sessions to stay in office. He seems like a guy who's not a Trump sycophant and god knows we need guys like that. Hopefully this doesn't stick. It will be telling to see how Donny reacts.

By the way, I'd like to see someone explain Trump's position on Russia under oath. Good luck speaking the truth...how would you even know it was unless you were standing in the changing winds of his mind at that second.

I don't. His renewed War on Drugs (data suggests it doesn't work) will just lead to overcrowded prisons and more tax dollars spent to keep nonviolent drug offenders in prison longer.

You aren't supposed to campaign against a girl, especially is she was owed the Presidency. If you win then the other side wil say it's not fair and act like a bunch of suckybabies.

You aren't supposed to campaign against a girl, especially is she was owed the Presidency. If you win then the other side wil say it's not fair and act like a bunch of suckybabies.

WTF does that have to do with anything? Anyways for some real news, the House will likely pass a bill putting sanctions on Russia, Iran, and South Korea. Some minor changes than the Senate Bill passed 98-2 (added sanctions to North Korea). I'm assuming Trump knows that if he vetoes the bill Congress can overturn the veto so I'm pretty sure he'll sign it, but you never know for sure with him.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/22/gop-led-house-to-combine-russia-iran-n-korea-sanctions-into-one-bill.html

Edited by Doc Brown

WTF does that have to do with anything? Anyways for some real news, the House will likely pass a bill putting sanctions on Russia, Iran, and South Korea. Some minor changes than the Senate Bill passed 98-2 (added sanctions to North Korea). I'm assuming Trump knows that if he vetoes the bill Congress can overturn the veto so I'm pretty sure he'll sign it, but you never know for sure with him.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/22/gop-led-house-to-combine-russia-iran-n-korea-sanctions-into-one-bill.html

I hope he vetoes it, just to see heads explode.

I hope he vetoes it, just to see heads explode.

He could veto and make the argument that these new sanctions on Iran threatens the nuclear deal with them. That's why Bernie Sanders voted against the bill. Trump just re-certified the Iran Nuclear Deal a couple of days ago as they were in compliance. Given Trump's rhetoric on the campaign trail condemning the deal I doubt that happens.

I think it's time to reopen investigations into the clintons and their foundation.

Absolutely. Maybe Flynn and Slick Willy can be cellmates.

North Korea.

Couldn't for the life of me figure out why we'd sanction South Korea.