Whaley wants Cardale to be 2017 starter

No ... you're misremembering. My stance was always that EJ was better than Tyrod. I admitted I was wrong at the end of this past season.

Never, ever, did I say that EJ was great.

And being better than EJ Manuel does not mean that Tyrod was good. It just means he was less bad.

Agreed, I don't remember you ever saying that EJ was great.

Nevertheless, you are still permanently labeled as an EJ fanboy. PERMANENTLY. :)

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the difference between Kelly going 4-12 his first year and Jones doing it next year?

If he isn't the andswer and there is no hope in him becoming the answer or not, we know and have a shot the following season.

This is not a playoff caliber team and with a new staff and new systems on both sides of the ball it is a start from scratch proposition.

Cut the dead weight. See which dogs can hunt and set yourself up for 2018's draft.

Great post.

Some fans need a blanket and a cup of hot chocolate that the average to below average QB Tyrod Taylor can deliver. Some fans are ok with trading the dream of being great for the security of just not becoming the Browns. Hence the longing for Tyrod Taylor to be the starting QB.

It’s kind of shocking how scared fans are of starting Cardale Jones. This is NFL football. If you can’t get it done, it’s “next man up”. IMO Taylor’s a finished product and he’s clearly not good enough (even his biggest supporters admit this). This team took Jones in the 4th round, he red shirted the year, in early December coach Lynn said that Jones “is what you want waiting on the runway”, Jones even said that he was ready, Jim Kelly said that he would have started Jones the remaining 3- 4 games.

There’s way too much over-thinking here. Some fans make the NFL into rocket science. The only way to know if Jones truly has it is to start him (as with all QBs drafted not named Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck). What was the point of drafting Jones last year if they weren’t going to play him (if Taylor failed to prove himself of picking up the option). The natural progression is to start the second year player Jones in 2017. Anything else is just being timid. What if he fails? So what, they’ll have a top 5 pick in 2018, a draft loaded with franchise type of QBs. The flip side is if Jones is the real deal, you've finally found your franchise QB.

Edited by 1billsfan

Another 7-9 year from Tyrod, and Whaley is fired anyway.... Might as well take a chance that something good will happen with Cardale... Focus on Red zone, 2-minute, down and distance, and ball protection... Let''s see what we've got...

Edited by #34fan

Another 7-9 year from Tyrod, and Whaley is fired anyway.... Might as well take a chance that something good will happen with Cardale... Focus on Red zone, 2-minute, down and distance, and ball protection... Let''s see what we've got...

No he's not. That is silly.

- Rumors say the Bills are keeping Tyrod

- Rumors say the Bills want Cardale to start

Ok. Whatever you say, media.

I'm glad that we don't have this BS every season. Usually at this time we are talking FA (which is less than a month) away and the draft. Instead we've spent the last like 6 weeks on one topic. It's exhausting. I think that I'm going to bow out on that conversation for a while. Fortunately I will be on a cruise ship when the decision is made so I will be unplugged.

Yah... Lotta people thought Rex was gonna get three years too... Owners want to win... They don't have time for inept GM's.

Expanding on what i said earlier. I want cardale to succeed. My main concern is that we've been consistently told hes a project. So to go from project going into week 17 one season to starting QB the following season seems like a stretch.

We were told a lot of things......😳

We were told a lot of things......

You are suggesting that the Bills are hiding what an awesome player Cardale really is. What did they do, tell him to go out in that Jets game and play well below his true talent level so that nobody knows how good he really is? :lol:

Whaley is playing peek a boo with the rest of the NFL? :lol:

Here's a little story about a " project". EJ starting 10 games in 2013 and winning 4.

Jones is at least on par with that,

How about Brady sitting behind Bledsoe? Belicheat would have started him that season if he knew but he didn't.

They drafted Rivers after Brees sucked for three years..... but look what he became.

You don't know sometimes until you do

Here's a little story about a " project". EJ starting 10 games in 2013 and winning 4.

Jones is at least on par with that,

How about Brady sitting behind Bledsoe? Belicheat would have started him that season if he knew but he didn't.

They drafted Rivers after Brees sucked for three years..... but look what he became.

You don't know sometimes until you do

IMO. Any example that has HOF QB's in it is not a good example. To say they are the exception as opposed to the rule is an understatment.

Brady is a perfect example as ostensibly the greatest NFL coach ever( debatable, I know) didn't even know what he had.

I'm not suggesting Cardale is going to be great but we dimply don't know and he clearly demonstrated the " it" factor at times this Pres season.

Also, Brees was bad I. His second and third seasons. Bad!!! He had to play through it to figure the game out.

I like Jones, but he clearly is not ready.

The Bills could write a textbook on 'How to ruin a QB prospect'.

Let's hope that they don't go down that road yet again.

The sequel will be "How to Draft a Poor Quarterback Prospect." It will have J.P. Losman, E.J. and the kid (I try hard to forget his name) that Bill Walsh raved about on the cover.

Wishful thinking.

There's jobs on the line here. You think Pegula will be happy with a 4-12 season if starting Cardale? You think fans will?

McDermott will look like a schmuck and fans will already be calling for his head.

I think that your expectations, along with a lot of other Bills fans expectations, are just unrealistic.

This franchise has been languishing for a very long time. They've just changed over the whole coaching staff, they literally have the 4th toughest schedule in the league next year. What are your expectations with Tyrod Taylor starting? Seriously.

These next two years are about figuring out who the true franchise QB is for the long haul, and what players you want to surround this franchise QB with, which will give the team the best chance for long term success. First guy up is Jones. If he fails, then the Bills will have an excellent chance to draft their long awaited franchise QB in 2018.

Taylor just doesn't fit the long term model because he's a known quantity. He's not a franchise QB. He is and will always be a limited starting QB who will give you average production because of his ability to run with the football. That's never going to get it done for a consistent run at contending for championships.

Edited by 1billsfan