Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely Dallas, but with the right moves I could see:

Denver

New England

Pittsburgh

Giants

San Francisco

Miami

Los Angeles (either one gotta sell boxes and suites)

Chicago

Atlanta

Houston

Seattle

Sorry Buffalo, Cleveland, and others,

Thanks for playing, but small,low revenue markets don't get to be Dynasties anymore. Green Bay will be the one and only.

A third of the League. Really going out on a limb!

Actually, Chicago is REALLY out on a limb!

There won't be another one for a while...too much parity and too many games turn on one or two plays...

That is the reality! I don't think we will see one for quite some time! Or at least won't see one until Brady retires.....so, probably have a dynasty for another 5 years?

Edited by Manther

If I had to throw a team out (just a feeling) I will say the Bucs. Of all of the young QBs Jameis has the feeling of a guy that could be the best. He still makes a ton of mistakes but he makes a lot of plays too. They have some talent around him but will keep building. Thy are probably a couple of years from contending still but that would be my guess as of today. I could see them winning a couple.

My answer.

Just remember the 49ers... the unbeatable team, who not only won 5 Super Bowls between 1982 and 1995 but demolished teams in the big games.

It seemed like they would never not be great. Super Bowls used to suck when they played because the game was over at halftime. Look at the 49ers now.

The big difference between the 49ers and the Patriots (IMO) is it comes down to 2 guys with NE: Brady and Belichick. Everyone else has proven to be interchangeable. That's why they win close Super Bowls whereas those 49ers teams were loaded with HOF talent and steamrolled people.

IMO, under today's rules, the Montana led 49ers at their peak would defeat the Brady led Patriots at their peak, not because Montana > Brady but because the 49ers were like an all-star team who ALSO had one of the greatest coaches and QBs of all time.

That's the trouble with comparing eras. What a fun game that would be to see though!

Every generation has its dynasty:

70's: Steelers

80's: 49ers

90's: Cowboys

00's: Patriots

Who is going to be next? It has to be a young team with a young(ish) superstar QB paired with a young(ish) HC who has time to be around long enough to accumulate the W's.

The Seahawks had a shot at doing something special and they blew it. Back to back so early in Wilson's career allows you to miss a bunch and still get a couple on the back end.

For guys in their 30's I just don't see enough time.

If Green Bay had a good team they could make some noise with Rogers, but I just don't see them as well-rounded or very well coached. Indy and GB are completely wasting the careers of their QBs.

Any ideas?

the Patriots

(if we get Darnold then us)

I am a little surprised that I am the only one that has said Tampa. IMO, they have the guy that will be the best of the "next generation" of QBs.

Dallas makes a lot of sense but Dak will have to continue to progress. He had a great year but is he going to be a high end game manager or a franchise guy? I think that remains to be seen.

Success will bring the loss of star players. They don't have a HC who can deal with that.

Just remember the 49ers... the unbeatable team, who not only won 5 Super Bowls between 1982 and 1995 but demolished teams in the big games.

It seemed like they would never not be great. Super Bowls used to suck when they played because the game was over at halftime. Look at the 49ers now.

The big difference between the 49ers and the Patriots (IMO) is it comes down to 2 guys with NE: Brady and Belichick. Everyone else has proven to be interchangeable. That's why they win close Super Bowls whereas those 49ers teams were loaded with HOF talent and steamrolled people.

IMO, under today's rules, the Montana led 49ers at their peak would defeat the Brady led Patriots at their peak, not because Montana > Brady but because the 49ers were like an all-star team who ALSO had one of the greatest coaches and QBs of all time.

That's the trouble with comparing eras. What a fun game that would be to see though!

Every generation has its dynasty:

70's: Steelers

80's: 49ers

90's: Cowboys

00's: Patriots

Who is going to be next? It has to be a young team with a young(ish) superstar QB paired with a young(ish) HC who has time to be around long enough to accumulate the W's.

The Seahawks had a shot at doing something special and they blew it. Back to back so early in Wilson's career allows you to miss a bunch and still get a couple on the back end.

For guys in their 30's I just don't see enough time.

If Green Bay had a good team they could make some noise with Rogers, but I just don't see them as well-rounded or very well coached. Indy and GB are completely wasting the careers of their QBs.

Any ideas?

Once Brady retires, it will be the end of dynasties for a while.

Rotating teams in Superbowls most years = parity

I am a little surprised that I am the only one that has said Tampa. IMO, they have the guy that will be the best of the "next generation" of QBs.

Dallas makes a lot of sense but Dak will have to continue to progress. He had a great year but is he going to be a high end game manager or a franchise guy? I think that remains to be seen.

You think Winston is better than Carr, Luck, and Newton? I'm not even sure he is better than Marriota. Not sure how you define next generation but I would still take Carr over Winston at this point.

I think the frequency of injury is what will prevent further dynasties. Brady is the anomaly. He is great and has been healthy minus one year. All the others great QB's and teams have had major injuries to key players. The rosters are simply too small and the talent pool too thin to overcome catastrophic injuries to key players.

You think Winston is better than Carr, Luck, and Newton? I'm not even sure he is better than Marriota. Not sure how you define next generation but I would still take Carr over Winston at this point.

At the same point in their careers I do (although Cam was a monster as a rookie). I like all of those guys but I think Jameis has another 15 years potentially. I could see him winning a couple. We aren't going to see Patriots level dominance but we could see Roethelisberger level.

strike-through Romo, add Jones, plus OJ Howard....THEN decide what you're wearing to the AFC championship.

Just replace Romo or Jones with the word healthy and the Bills would have played in the divisional round of the playoffs in 2016. For 2017, McDermott, 4-3, TT and healthy Sammy/Shady and they are in AFC Championship.

And I love OJ Howard. If the top two safeties are gone they should be able to drop back 3-4 spots and still get him along with an extra third and fifth this year and an second next year.

At the same point in their careers I do (although Cam was a monster as a rookie). I like all of those guys but I think Jameis has another 15 years potentially. I could see him winning a couple. We aren't going to see Patriots level dominance but we could see Roethelisberger level.

I like the Roethlisberger comparison. Jameis plays more like Culpepper now than Roethlisberger but I can see the growth potential.