ESPN on TT

CanadianFan

Break it down for us Einstein.

That's not how it works. As you can plainly see by his screen name, someone must first do the heavy lifting of enlightening before he can come along and re-enlighten.

Unless the absence of the hyphen indicates "regarding" as opposed to the prefix re-, in which case WTF does "regarding enlightener" mean... actually, skip it... I don't really care...

The guy is a horrible writer.

I will now predict Rodak's analysis go BUF/NE QB moves:

If TT is gone....terrible choice by the Bills

If TT stays.....terrible choice by the Bills

If JG is traded.....amazing value gained by Patriots

If JG stays....Pats wise to keep JG as backup plan

One must hedge one's bets.

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/27374/what-to-know-about-bills-looming-decision-on-tyrod-taylor

Nice analysis by Mike Rodak. Especially damning are how horrible he is in pressure situations for a running QB.

No Rodak just wanted to make sure he put as much negative in as he could come up with to counter any positive.

How about scoring?......redzone TD scoring?.......the fact that a lot of his sacks were basically tackles for loss as a runner and not the turnover-inducing struck from behind type?......his impact on the running game beyond his own yardage?

The fact that it's a close call without even looking at the intangibles should be telling.

As Brock Osweiler proved last year, the market for flawed QBs in the NFL is amazingly hot.

Even mid-tier QBs are worth a lot of money. Teams with bottom-tier QBs will pay a lot to snatch up someone like Tyrod up if he was a FA.

Until we draft and groom his replacement, I think we need to keep Taylor.

Some worry about Taylor's cap hit. It's called the cost of doing business. While Taylor's cap number does prevent us from signing a high profile FA QB (who would we want, anyway?), it does not preclude us from drafting and grooming a QB.

While I see the flaws in Taylor's game, like the ones Rodak mentions, I don't see a compelling alternative.

I think we can walk and chew gum at the same time.

TT is a great athlete and a great football talent but a mediocre to average QB.

TT can't maintain his cool in the pocket and can't quickly look to the 2nd and 3rd receivers.

TT doesn't turn the ball over a lot.

TT is a spectacular runner.

TT is good enough for us to get into the playoffs if we have good coaching.

TT will never take us to the promised land because of his significant QB skill limitations

TT should be retained so we dont go 6-10 with some horrible recycled mediocre QB or some awful rookie or the skeletal fracture waiting to happen from dallas.

Not being a fan of Rodak doesn't change the statistics. Or the simple eye test. How anyone can watch Taylor as a passer and want him back is completely beyond me.

It doesn't always look good and yes, it looks downright bad sometimes, however, 7th in scoring at 26 points a game in his starts last year i believe. Who can we bring in to IMPROVE on that then?

Edited by Southern Bills Fan

The guy is a horrible writer.

I will now predict Rodak's analysis go BUF/NE QB moves:

If TT is gone....terrible choice by the Bills

If TT stays.....terrible choice by the Bills

If JG is traded.....amazing value gained by Patriots

If JG stays....Pats wise to keep JG as backup plan

nailed it...im suprised people these days STILL go to ESPN for info like its 1987