Belechick legend

BobbyC81

Same reason Bernard Hopkins and Floyd Mayweather are so good at boxing, they ruin it for everyone. 20 years ago, football was a lot of fun. You could win a lot of different ways. Running game, good defense, good oline, a hot WR.

In 1998 the Patriots were about to be dissolved. Not relocated, just gone. They were closing down the old stadium and the fans were going to storm the MNF booth and beat Dan Dierdoff to death with Al Michaels body. 9/11 happened. Refs looked the other way while Ty Law raped Issac Bruce, and Brady dinked and dunked his way to the Super Bowl.

Tom Donahue signed Lawyer Milloy, and Bellichek saw the power of knowing the play before the snap.

Now it's just QB, and a coach who teaches his players how to get away with holding. The game is suffering. It's horrible to watch. Ratings are down. People are not playing it

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a organizational type thing. From the very top on down. Brady made a deal with the devil at some point he's that good. As for Belichek the coaching of the Pat's seems to be exceptionally good at making half time adjustments. More that a few times the last while the Bills come out fantastic in the first half only to have the Pat's adjust and dominate the second half.

Belichick's teams don't make stupid mistakes......like not running the ball from the 23 yd line , up by 8 and just kicking a FG to clinch the win...still can't get over the terrible play calls on that series

Edited by nucci

The fact that he has Tom Brady really helps and most importantly the things they allow the Patriots to get away with. There secondary holds,clutches, grabs on nearly every play. The illegal pks they run are a thing of beauty. The Holding that goes on on offense etc,etc.

I'm sorry the NFL loves the Patriots it's been that way since September 12, 2001. Before that Belicheck was on the hot seat after 2 bad yrs.

The Tuck Rule, never seen it called before or after that Raiders gm. I wonder why? If the NFL is capable of making things up on the spot what other things are they holding bk on weekly basis.

I really encourage you to read Spygate by Byran O'Leary. BB's success is due to Ernie Adams. If you disregard the book, read Dan Shanussey's piece about Ernie Adams from the Boston Globe. Ernie is the X's and O's guy and the guy behind Spygate, etc...

Belichick reminds me of a good poker player. Plays the person instead of playing the cards. In his case, he sets his game plan for the team he is facing. He doesn't do the same thing every game, he switches up and adapts to whatever team hes playing, and usually that game plan works excellent. A lot of coaches can't do that consistently

Belichick reminds me of a good poker player. Plays the person instead of playing the cards. In his case, he sets his game plan for the team he is facing. He doesn't do the same thing every game, he switches up and adapts to whatever team hes playing, and usually that game plan works excellent. A lot of coaches can't do that consistently

I think that's what we saw when we played them with Brisset earlier in the year. He wasn't upset at all by the loss. He knew which gameplan "could" work the best, but still knew it wasn't "assured" to produce a win. He tried it. It failed. He learned. The team progressed.

The problem with many teams is impatience. Bellichik is demanding and deals with urgency, but not impatience on an organizational level. It is a remarkable trait he exemplifies.

It's all Brady. Period.

This is the most important piece. Without Brady he wouldnt win as much. Period. Give him credit for drafting Brady though.

You can be the greatest coach in the world but you still need talent on your roster no matter what

other teams are weak. panthers tie the game late with a td...then kick the ball out of bounds giving brady the ball on his own 40 and fg wins it. falcons don't take the easy points and they let them in the game. it's amazing.

This works. When the Pats cant beat you, they let you beat yourself.

Don't forget Ernie Adams, the Pats mad genius behind the curtain. He's the guy who comes up with a lot of twists, both legal and, ahem, slightly less so.

This also plays a role

Its a tri-fecta for the Bellicheck Conspiracy

1. Tom Brady and squeezing talent out of cheap players/contracts

2. Letting other teams outsmart/beat themselves.

3. Ernie Adams Shenanigans and pushing the rules.

When Brady retires so will Bellicheck because unless he drafts another future HOFer he wont have the same success.

I think that's what we saw when we played them with Brisset earlier in the year. He wasn't upset at all by the loss. He knew which gameplan "could" work the best, but still knew it wasn't "assured" to produce a win. He tried it. It failed. He learned. The team progressed.

The problem with many teams is impatience. Bellichik is demanding and deals with urgency, but not impatience on an organizational level. It is a remarkable trait he exemplifies.

Yes sir, agreed

Same reason Bernard Hopkins and Floyd Mayweather are so good at boxing, they ruin it for everyone. 20 years ago, football was a lot of fun. You could win a lot of different ways. Running game, good defense, good oline, a hot WR.

In 1998 the Patriots were about to be dissolved. Not relocated, just gone. They were closing down the old stadium and the fans were going to storm the MNF booth and beat Dan Dierdoff to death with Al Michaels body. 9/11 happened. Refs looked the other way while Ty Law raped Issac Bruce, and Brady dinked and dunked his way to the Super Bowl.

Tom Donahue signed Lawyer Milloy, and Bellichek saw the power of knowing the play before the snap.

Now it's just QB, and a coach who teaches his players how to get away with holding. The game is suffering. It's horrible to watch. Ratings are down. People are not playing it

1998!? Two years after they played GB in the Super Bowl? 1998 sounds like prime years for Bledsoe and Ben winter Coates. Once Bledose was drafted and the uniforms changed the Pats rise began.

1998!? Two years after they played GB in the Super Bowl? 1998 sounds like prime years for Bledsoe and Ben winter Coates. Once Bledose was drafted and the uniforms changed the Pats rise began.

Nope. They had problems with getting a new stadium, and the news was for about a week they were going to dissolve the team.

Nope. They had problems with getting a new stadium, and the news was for about a week they were going to dissolve the team.

Your right, I just found an article about the Hartford move it was in 98'. I apologize. That just makes the fan base even easier to hate on, heck they played in a super bowl two years prior. Gross. All I remember is they were never ever on tv, always blacked out locally and I could watch the Bills!!! Then everything changed with Bledsoe and Kraft, they started selling tickets. Good thing for Sunday ticket.

I really encourage you to read Spygate by Byran O'Leary. BB's success is due to Ernie Adams. If you disregard the book, read Dan Shanussey's piece about Ernie Adams from the Boston Globe. Ernie is the X's and O's guy and the guy behind Spygate, etc...

They want $100 for this thing on Amazon... what the hell.

He is a great coach. But he has NEVER gotten to the playoffs without Tom Brady. He had almost two weeks to prepare for the Bills this year at home and got shut out by our lousy lousy defense one of the worst in the league.

Brady is the vast majority of their success.

When they lost TB that year they did not make the playoffs. I don't care that they went 10-6 or 11-5. What that tells you is that everyone else in the division did too and they were not as good as the rest without Brady.

Brady is the best of ALL time. No doubt

And when Kraft built it, he was refinancing it every 30 days? Salomon Smith Barney? They had to keep butts in stadium, tuck rule? League "push".

Oh... And Kraft didn't 100% the stadium, he got 17% from State.

It's all Brady. Period.

It starts with Brady, winning so early in his career allowed the team a chance to focus on building a solid organization and they done that almost to perfection. They've never put themselves in a position for a major rebuild, they've done what teams dream of doing, release players a year too soon instead of a year too late. They game plan brilliantly, they rarely make mistakes. They are in a position, mainly because of Brady's ability, to bench a player if he fumbles or drops a pass.... it won't hurt the team because of Brady. It's really fascinating to watch. They seem to have a specific plan for their roster which they've stuck with that allows them to plug new players in without disrupting the schemes. Great coaching and QB to start with, great team management after. It's frustrating for us but they're a remarkable dynasty. Dynasty's aren't supposed to happen in the free agent era.