Bills interested in Romo!

KGun12TD

I'm curious why people say this? I see one position that needs upgrading, no?

And then we also have a strong running game that could further limit QB hits

i say this because I believe that Romo needs more protection than most QBs at his level-- not just to keep him healthy (which, obviously is a big issue), but to keep him effective. I don't think he is able to operate outside the pocket the way he used to.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well considering he had the best OL in football and a monster run game and got hurt after a handful of snaps this year to miss most the season and lose his job...I don't see how what you said lowers his risk of injury here.

People forget that he's been seriously hurt in like 3 of his last 5 meaningful snaps in the NFL outside of his week 17 brief appearance.

Just bad luck. Don't sweat it. Bring on Romo!

Well considering he had the best OL in football and a monster run game and got hurt after a handful of snaps this year to miss most the season and lose his job...I don't see how what you said lowers his risk of injury here.

People forget that he's been seriously hurt in like 3 of his last 5 meaningful snaps in the NFL outside of his week 17 brief appearance.

I think the potential upside is worth the risk. Maybe he stays healthy. If not, what's the worst that can happen? Suck as usual?

Romo makes some sense as potentially a stop gap without the commitment that you would have to make to TT. You can trade TT in the 1st couple days of the league year. You will have some options. In this scenario you would acquire a 2nd (for example) and have Romo without the long-term commitment. I just cant see him getting traded so he would have to "pick us" once released. At his age, Houston and Denver would be at the top of my list (and I don't think Houston can afford him).

Just bad luck. Don't sweat it. Bring on Romo!

Getting seriously hurt on 3 of your last 5 meaningful snaps is not bad luck...and thats not even including all the other long injury history before that. His shoulder and back issues are not going to decrease nor will their durability improve. And considering how you seem to quickly label other guys "injury prone" who have FAR less injury history than Romo, seems a bit contradictory to your previous comments simply because you would take JP Losman over Taylor at this point.

I think the potential upside is worth the risk. Maybe he stays healthy. If not, what's the worst that can happen? Suck as usual?

No doubt he is a talented QB...but how much does the guy really have left? First, major injuries take the toll not just on the body but the mind. I remember when Jim Everett was a pretty good QB until he started getting crushed and turned into a panicky QB who made a lot of mistakes from throwing off his back foot on the reg to avoid getting hurt.

I would not hate him coming by any means, but if bringing him means we get rid of Taylor then its a major mistake unless we find some other quality backup to Romo. There is no denying that Romo brings updside, but he also has a very low probability of surviving the season and hasn't done so playing behind one of the best OL in football in place way easier to play than Buffalo. We better keep Taylor because its almost a lock that Romo will get hurt and likely for a large part or all of the season. And if we don't, we better get a good backup plan in pace ASAP after brining in Romo.

Getting seriously hurt on 3 of your last 5 meaningful snaps is not bad luck...and thats not even including all the other long injury history before that. His shoulder and back issues are not going to decrease nor will their durability improve. And considering how you seem to quickly label other guys "injury prone" who have FAR less injury history than Romo, seems a bit contradictory to your previous comments simply because you would take JP Losman over Taylor at this point.

3 of his last 5? Is that the meaningless stat you threw out because you aren't including his drive in season?

I would take JP over TT to win? Link please?

3 of his last 5? Is that the meaningless stat you threw out because you aren't including his drive in season?

I would take JP over TT to win? Link please?

I said before his week 17 appearance which was brief, and was making a sarcastic remark about his durability...but here we go...I am sure this is where you now try and downplay the Romo injury risk in your continued quest to have any QB other than TT.

And I was clearly being sarcastic as you, as everyone knows, absolutely hates TT and want him gone at all costs. So calm down with your "link please" non sense.

He is a good QB, but his body isnt holding up behind the best OL in football and in better weather. I am all for him being here, but only if we can keep Taylor or bring in a good backup plan because I have serious doubts he will pay more than 5 games here if he was the starter.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Another thing to keep in mind is fans would want to run Whaley out of town if he either traded for or otherwise signed Romo and Romo ended up getting hurt badly enough to be out for the season.

They would be saying it was the dumbest of all moves. And the NFL would make a general mockery of him for it being a poor decision.

That scenario adds to the risk of him coming here or anywhere for that matter.

Another thing to keep in mind is fans would want to run Whaley out of town if he either traded for or otherwise signed Romo and Romo ended up getting hurt badly enough to be out for the season.

They would be saying it was the dumbest of all moves. And the NFL would make a general mockery of him for it being a poor decision.

Absolutely correct...this board, including all the pro Romo guys, would just pile on Whaley if Romo gets hurt and we miss the playoffs again.

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Bills have "significant interest" in Tony Romo.

Source: CBS Sports Feb 2 - 3:28 PM

It's my first post and I hope this was done right! Woo hoo.

Link: http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/354126/report-bills-have-significant-romo-interest?ls=roto:DAL:topheadlines

And the mystery remains why the Bills are perennial losers. The names change, but the bad decisions just keep on coming!

I said before his week 17 appearance which was brief, and was making a sarcastic remark about his durability...but here we go...I am sure this is where you now try and downplay the Romo injury risk in your continued quest to have any QB other than TT.

And I was clearly being sarcastic as you, as everyone knows, absolutely hates TT and want him gone at all costs. So calm down with your "link please" non sense.

He is a good QB, but his body isnt holding up behind the best OL in football and in better weather. I am all for him being here, but only if we can keep Taylor or bring in a good backup plan because I have serious doubts he will pay more than 5 games here if he was the starter.

So it was a cherry picked stat. Lol

If Romo gets hurt long term, we'll probably get a really good pick for a QB in 18. It's a win-win

If you truly believe that, then Whaley would also get killed for missing the post season with TT, so what difference does it make?

If you truly believe that, then Whaley would also get killed for missing the post season with TT, so what difference does it make?

Most definitely. Who gets better odds to make playoffs in Vegas ?

Bills w Romo

Bills with 189 passing yards per game.

No brainer to play Romo over Taylor.