Malik Hooker had two surgeries = no combine, 4-6 months

YoloinOhio

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooker is a beast, he could develop into a game wrecker. Ed Reed type of instincts out there. Good luck to him and I'd still take him at 10. This year is a wash anyways with a new coach and this is the high ceiling player you can wait for.

huge fan of this player but he is a bit raw. I actually think that with AW planning to return though, he's a great pick for the Bills. He can get into the mix with AW and Graham assuming they both are back and will likely be starting for one of them sooner or later, but doesn't need to step in day 1. He needs to work on his technique and on field discipline. Talent is freakish. That reminds me- do we have a DB coach yet?

huge fan of this player but he is a bit raw. I actually think that with AW planning to return though, he's a great pick for the Bills. He can get into the mix with AW and Graham assuming they both are back and will likely be starting for one of them sooner or later, but doesn't need to step in day 1. He needs to work on his technique and on field discipline. Talent is freakish. That reminds me- do we have a DB coach yet?

I agree with all of it above, I don't think we have a DB coach. Tim McDonald was let go yesterday.

The question for me is, does he fall into the second round. If he does It could be an opportunity we might not have had otherwise. Get the big WR or QB in round 1 , and Hooker with our second pick.

They are projecting now between 10-17. I doubt that he would have been there at 10 otherwise. He's supposed to be ready by camp but we know how that goes. I don't see any chance of him being there in the 2nd round. He's a top 5 talent in this draft. If he slips a little someone is going to jump on him because of the value. How about Tennessee at 15? They could walk out of the 1st with Mike Williams and Malik Hooker as an example.

The question for me is, does he fall into the second round. If he does It could be an opportunity we might not have had otherwise. Get the big WR or QB in round 1 , and Hooker with our second pick.

No chance, IMO. The kid was widely considered a top 10 pick a day ago, and should be ready to go by TC. This is not a Myles Jack type situation.

He may not agree. Tough break for the kid.

This

Well, this is setting up nicely for a very Billsy type draft.

Whaley has to be in love with the idea of drafting this guy now! He loves broken football players.

and this.

Hooker has to know that injury debacle has just put him at the top of whaleys draft board. Dougie loves injured prospects :lol::lol:

so he had the same surgery that lawson had? the labrum surgery? and more than 3 months before lawson? if we go by lawsons time who had it may 17 and was back 10-23 that means hooker will be ready early to mid july latest. plenty of time for tc. you can bet he's gonna have a pre draft medical exam and i'd expect that to push him back to where he is slotted. i doubt this hurts his draft actually.