Rex Ryan on his NFL future: "I'm tired of getting !@#&#036

YoloinOhio

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a chance.

Atlanta thought about it and went elsewhere instead. If the Bills didn't hire him Rex would've turned to TV.

The hire made little sense considering it was changing a defensive scheme that was Taylor made for the personnel here. Rex's Jets and defense also got destroyed twice by the Bills the season prior to us hiring him.

It was simply a new owner getting persuaded by Rex's BS rather then actually looking at the facts.

That's revisionist history.

Atlanta didn't intentionally move away from Rex. All signs were pointing that he was the leading candidate, but when Blank's mother passed away, they put all negotiations on hold, which miffed Ryan. That's when the Bills offered him the job and he didn't want to wait a day or two to hear back from Atlanta. That's the likely genesis of the "don't let him out of the building" quote, because Bills knew that Atlanta was likely his top choice.

In retrospect, the timing of Blank's mother's death killed the Bills in the last two years.

Awfully bitter for someone getting paid handsomely not to work. Guy is and always has been a .500 coach he should count himself lucky.

One day after being hired by national media, he falls right in with the party line.

You are fooling yourselves if you don't think that some owners, and by extension their minions in the media want the Bills out of Buffalo. Don't get me wrong, I think the Ralph and Pegulas won, but they are being made to pay. Rex falling right into line is disappointing.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Rex was a bad, lazy, egotistical moronic coach in his brief stint here.

That alone was the reason this team swam in mediocrity the past two years.

I agree. I think Rex would be a great guy to go grab a beer and wings with and BS about football, but he underwhelmed as a HC. I wish him well at ESPN.

Quoting Rex:

"!@#$ you guys."

Take your 15 million dollars and buy some class, please

LMAO! that's funny

Rex never had the locker room behind him. He probably blames them because he was so used to having them in NY. The difference was, Rex never bothered to win them over. It's still his fault, but I bet that's his delusion. That he was never fully supported as HC.

FC, I agree with you here. Taking the sum of comments from defensive players, they preferred Schwartz's scheme.

Rex, I love you though man. Your problem was you brought in too many "yes" men with you, and they didn't give you feedback properly on what you needed to do. Having the blinders on, that was your fault. I hear the pain behind your words. You're still sore about how things turned out. But those are more the words of a disappointed man, the man who got the exact O he dreamt of, the best O you ever had, even going back to Ravens days, with the QB he dreamt of, but your supposed strength, your D was no where to be found. You were given a great D line, pro-bowl LBs, and a once-outstanding secondary. You took all of that, and you turned it into a middling group on the field. Your side of the ball sucked Rex. Even when your D started well, you couldn't make in game adjustments to their adjustments. You knew you needed to be fired. Heck you'd have fired yourself if you were the GM or the owner. I like you for your blunt talk. So why don't you be blunt about that Rex. But of course not. I see it now. You are just like Trump. That's why you liked him. Pump a lot of air about whatever success you had. Never admit mistakes. Ah Rex, I think I finally get ya.

Fak you too Rex, and it's $16m times! not $15m! LMAO

Thanks for the laughs!

And I'll see you on TV.

Edited by CanadianFan

One day after being hired by national media, he falls right in with the party line.

You are fooling yourselves if you don't think that some owners, and by extension their minions in the media want the Bills out of Buffalo. Don't get me wrong, I think the Ralph and Pegulas won, but they are being made to pay. Rex falling right into line is disappointing.

Depends on how many you mean by "some," but sure, I have no doubt there are NFL owners out there that would like to shuffle all the remaining small market teams into bigger towns. Although they may be a bit more hesitant now considering the messes with the raiders and chargers.

I don't think Rex's comments do much to move the needle in their favor, however. He simply sounds like a bitter loser, which doesn't really result in too much flak for the team.

I would personally like to thank Rex for feeling sorry for us and taking Pegulas 15 million

it must have been difficult taking a team that had a top 5 defense but not enough groceries to work with that it had to slip 15 spots

i find it interesting that he wishes the jets luck....i seem to remember an hbo documentary where he was throwing the jets under the bus and praising buffalo not that long ago.

oh and rex.....schwartz did not quit,,,,,u pushed him out so you could install your d and u know it

That's revisionist history.

Atlanta didn't intentionally move away from Rex. All signs were pointing that he was the leading candidate, but when Blank's mother passed away, they put all negotiations on hold, which miffed Ryan. That's when the Bills offered him the job and he didn't want to wait a day or two to hear back from Atlanta. That's the likely genesis of the "don't let him out of the building" quote, because Bills knew that Atlanta was likely his top choice.

In retrospect, the timing of Blank's mother's death killed the Bills in the last two years.

it really is a shame because i feel the right move would gotten us into the playoffs

Wow !@#$ that guy.

If he had kept Schwartz instead of firing him, he would have had a #4 D paired with a #6 scoring O. We'd be in the playoffs and he'd be a hero. Instead his ego is why his ass got canned twice and he's a sub .500 coach.

Not a Rex fan by any stretch...but we most likely do not have a # 6 offence with either EJ or Matt Cassell at the helm... Tyrod is in Denver most likely if Rex is not here

Edited by plenzmd1

Not a Rex fan by any stretch...but we most likely do not have a # 6 offence with either EJ or Matt Cassell at the helm... Tyrod is in Denver most likely if Rex is not here

now this is true....but i feel this falls under the clock is right twice a day thing

rr is supposed to be this defensive genious.....and his side of the ball fell apart which is inexcusable

Makes marrone look great now

no it doesnt