TT gets probowl invite

CanadianFan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TT, triggerman for the 30th ranked passing offense gets probowl invite..

http://buffalonews.com/2017/01/23/tyrod-taylor-gets-pro-bowl-invite-will-not-play/

giphy.gif

I guess that the players and coaches don't base their opinions on passing yards?

They rated him as the 5th best AFC QB (he was added after Smith but before Dalton). Outside of maybe Mariota I'm not sure who had a case over him?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

TT, triggerman for the 30th ranked passing offense gets probowl invite..

http://buffalonews.com/2017/01/23/tyrod-taylor-gets-pro-bowl-invite-will-not-play/

giphy.gif

Maybe because your 30th ranked passing yards doesn't tell the whole picture. LEAST amount of ATTEMPTS in the NFL on a running offense means less passing yards. Ask Drew Brees and his average of over 5000 passing yards the last 3 seasons how important that stat is to making the playoffs considering he has a worse record than Taylor (while Brees played in a worse division) and has sat home for 3 straight years and 4 of the last 5 years.

Offense under Taylor:

23 TD's in 15 games to only 7 INTs.

#1 QB in the NFL in rushing yards

#1 QB in NFL in rushing TD's

Bills are 5th Scoring offense in the NFL in his 15 starts.

Bills are 3rd in NFL in Touchdowns in his 15 starts, only 2 behind the Saints.

Additional Factors: No Sammy for most of the year, no McCoy for almost 3 games (all of one, and most of 2 others), missed Glenn, Wood, and others on the OL for parts of year. Other WRs were either a dinged up Woods or guys who would struggle to play on other teams, and some would struggle to make the roster. OC change after week 2 to a first time OC. Stuck with Rex for 2 years which everyone here says was one of the worst coaches in the NFL. Has less than 2 seasons worth of games as a starter, yet was named to Pro Bowl both years as one of the 5 best QB's in the NFL.

Look, no one is saying he lit the league on fire, but the point is he did ENOUGH for us to win and be in the playoffs while our Defense was 26th in the NFL in points allowed outside that one fluke NE shutout with no Brady or Gronk essentially and also against a 3rd string rookie with a bad hand. When your D gives up an average of over 25 points per game in the NFL over a 15 game span, more often than not you wont be a very good team without an absolute Elite QB and offense.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Maybe because your 30th ranked passing yards doesn't tell the whole picture. LEAST amount of ATTEMPTS in the NFL on a running offense means less passing yards. Ask Drew Brees and his average of over 5000 passing yards the last 3 seasons how important that stat is to making the playoffs considering he has a worse record than Taylor (while Brees played in a worse division) and has sat home for 3 straight years and 4 of the last 5 years.

Offense under Taylor:

23 TD's in 15 games to only 7 INTs.

#1 QB in the NFL in rushing yards

#1 QB in NFL in rushing TD's

Bills are 5th Scoring offense in the NFL in his 15 starts.

Bills are 3rd in NFL in Touchdowns in his 15 starts, only 2 behind the Saints.

Additional Factors: No Sammy for most of the year, no McCoy for almost 3 games (all of one, and most of 2 others), missed Glenn, Wood, and others on the OL for parts of year. Other WRs were either a dinged up Woods or guys who would struggle to play on other teams, and some would struggle to make the roster. OC change after week 2 to a first time OC. Stuck with Rex for 2 years which everyone here says was one of the worst coaches in the NFL. Has less than 2 seasons worth of games as a starter, yet was named to Pro Bowl both years as one of the 5 best QB's in the NFL.

Let's just be real for a second.

Being a Pro Bowl player ... especially an alternate ... does not mean that he's a good QB. The Pro Bowl isn't worth crap.

Being a Pro Bowl player ... especially an alternate ... does not mean that he's a good QB. The Pro Bowl isn't worth crap.

Agreed, but you if you are being real its pretty clear he is NOT our biggest problem when you get invited 2 years in a row and you are coming off a season where your Offensive scoring under you lead was top 5 in the NFL.

PS: Lets be more real. When people like a player, you guys make a big deal about his pro bowl birth or pro bowl birth snub. When you don't like a player, you say the Pro Bowl is garbage and means nothing. You can't have it both ways, and people here change their "opinion" of the Pro Bowl based on their biased of said player.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I guess that the players and coaches don't base their opinions on passing yards?

They rated him as the 5th best AFC QB (he was added after Smith but before Dalton). Outside of maybe Mariota I'm not sure who had a case over him?

Of the AFC QBs with 100 or more attempts, he was 10th in QB rating. Luck, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Flacco, Dalton, Bortles, Siemian Smith, Tannehill, Mariotta even McCown had better ratings over him. Granted, that's just passing. QBR gives more credit to his running plays.

Agreed, but you if you are being real its pretty clear he is NOT our biggest problem when you get invited 2 years in a row and you are coming off a season where your Offensive scoring under you lead was top 5 in the NFL.

It's well documented how you and I don't see eye to eye on who is most responsible for the successes of the offense.

The stats look pretty, but they beg these questions:

Why did he run so much?

Why did they score so much, but lose so many games?

How can they lead the league in rushing, but be near the bottom of the league in Time of Possession?

How many of these points were scored in garbage time?

How many times did we score when we needed a score to take a lead or win a game?

The answers to those questions make it clear to many people that the offense did well in spite of Tyrod; not because of him. The offense did well because of McCoy and the O-line.

A Pro Bowl berth really means squat.

However ... I'm fully prepared for the Bills to keep Tyrod and I will hope for the best if that happens. I just think that the statistics paint a very deceiving picture and the proof is really in the pudding. Watching the games means a lot more than looking at bloated stats.

Edited by Gugny

Of the AFC QBs with 100 or more attempts, he was 10th in QB rating. Luck, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Flacco, Dalton, Bortles, Siemian Smith, Tannehill, Mariotta even McCown had better ratings over him. Granted, that's just passing. QBR gives more credit to his running plays.

He's 3rd in the AFC in QBR. I forgot about Luck. He's the other guy with an obvious case. If you include rushing yards (which you have to because they are a part of the game) he compares favorably to a lot of those guys (Bortles, Simeian, Tannehill, McCown). He's a middle of the road starter.

this is old news, have to be a little quicker here OP! but this statement is as true as it gets. especially when no one from the SB teams can play, it really waters down the field.

Edited by ricojes

PS: Lets be more real. When people like a player, you guys make a big deal about his pro bowl birth or pro bowl birth snub. When you don't like a player, you say the Pro Bowl is garbage and means nothing. You can't have it both ways, and people here change their "opinion" of the Pro Bowl based on their biased of said player.

Don't paint with such a broad brush. I think the Pro Bowl is pure crap, whether Jim Kelly gets voted in or Garrison Sanborn. It's crap. I wish it would just go away.