TT gets probowl invite

CanadianFan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense, but actually I would say you are wrong about this...you see I DO know the answers to those questions, and I don't think you do. I think you assume and believe your assumptions based on your opinion of him, but I actually know the exact answers to those questions you presented and have posted that information quite a bit. I don't say this out of disrespect, but it gets really old around here when people claim factors that don't actually add up. I am not going to go into all of them because you can read about them in other threads where I posted them. But I will address one here to show you what I mean and also because a few people keep posting nonsense about this particular item.

Garbage Time: I hate this false claim, its utter non sense, and I don't blame you as I am sure you believe it, but the truth is that it did not occur basically at all the entire season. Garbage Time is when a team is losing bad and then compiles easy points at the end of the game of those bad losses while the D essentially pulled some players and played soft because the outcome was already decided.

1. 8 Losses with TT as the QB.

2. 6 of them were by 6 points or LESS. None of those games consisted of "garbage time", they were all 1 score losses and games we were in late into them.

3. The other 2 losses by more than 6 were to Oakland and New England.

4. In Oakland we were up 24-9 in the 3rd quarter and the D gave up 4 straight touchdowns. The Bills scored ZERO in the 4th...so cross this game off the list of garbage time.

5. Against NE, we only scored just 7 points in the 4th quarter. So, at most as we sit right now, there were a total of 7 points out of the 399 we scored on the season that qualify for "garbage time".

6. We were FIFTH in the NFL in scoring under Taylor, and every team in the NFL has "garbage points" opportunities. NONE of you have backed out ANY garbage time from ANY other team. Yet the Bills only amassed SEVEN points in garbage time, which is nothing and has NO change in our offensive scoring ranking even BEFORE you back out the teams ahead of us garbage time.

Screw it...lets address another.

How did we score so much and lose so many games: Lets look at the REAL defense. That means lets check the 15 games other than the ONE fluke shutout that was an anomaly because the Pats were without Brady, Gronk and had a 3rd string rookie QB with an injured hand. Yes, we can overlook this fluke because those are extreme circumstances (NE and Brady dropped 41 on us a few weeks later) and not a TRUE indicator of how we played the other 15 games if we want to asses WHY we lost despite our scoring power.

1. We gave up 25.2 POINTS per game, which is 26th in the NFL. Under TT, we scored at least 25 points in 10 of his 15 starts and averaged 26.4 points per game. But when your D surrenders points at will and is at the bottom of the league, it makes it really hard for a team to win. NOTE: If Brady plays week 4 and hits his average production against us, we drop even lower. If he does what he did to us a few weeks later we fall to 28th in the NFL.

2. We were a running team. A running team that still averaged over 26.4 points per game, which is both hard and rare to average so many points when running is first form of attack. When your Defense keeps surrendering points, its puts more pressure on a run first team to have to KEEP scoring, and late in games, have to score fast because the D put you in a tough position.

Screw it: Time of Possession (TOP): As a running team, we were still explosive and had many quick strike drives in both the passing game and running game. Our TOP was poor because our D was awful. Show me a bad D where the team had a great TOP ratio...go ahead, try and find one.

Well now we are almost through your list, so lets finish.

Why did he run so much: Already answered above, but in case it wasnt clear...that was our offensive design in the first place. Tyrod is not perfect by any means, and he left opportunities on the field when he ran too soon, but he also has less than 2 seasons of starts under his belt and can easily improve in this area. But the main answer was that our offense was built around him being a major contributor with his legs and he created a TON of points and plays that would have been lost if not for his legs.

How many times did we score wen we needed a score to take a lead or win a game? First off, this is not a stat that falls directly on a QB. Second, someone posted an article about how Aaron Rodgers is 0-35 against teams with winning records when down 1 point in the 4th quarter...so CLEARLY, this is not just a QB stat because we KNOW Rodgers is Elite. More importantly, how many times did penalties kill drives by other players? How many times did we have the lead late and our D gave up points to lose the lead putting the pressure back on the offense? How many times did Taylor get the ball and have 1 or no timeouts because Rex wasted them earlier or we had injuries cost us some. How many times did a missed XP or FG by carpenter make it so we needed a TD instead of a FG? How many times was Taylor without a healthy Sammy or other playmakers?

There are a LOT of factors that go into this, not just what did TT do. And lets not forget, he is a young QB in terms of on field experience and still developing and had to do so with a turbulent staff, 2 OC's in 2 seasons, and without his best play makers often hurt.

Excellent post. I couldn't agree more with pretty much everything you said

No offense, but actually I would say you are wrong about this...you see I DO know the answers to those questions, and I don't think you do. I think you assume and believe your assumptions based on your opinion of him, but I actually know the exact answers to those questions you presented and have posted that information quite a bit. I don't say this out of disrespect, but it gets really old around here when people claim factors that don't actually add up. I am not going to go into all of them because you can read about them in other threads where I posted them. But I will address one here to show you what I mean and also because a few people keep posting nonsense about this particular item.

Garbage Time: I hate this false claim, its utter non sense, and I don't blame you as I am sure you believe it, but the truth is that it did not occur basically at all the entire season. Garbage Time is when a team is losing bad and then compiles easy points at the end of the game of those bad losses while the D essentially pulled some players and played soft because the outcome was already decided.

1. 8 Losses with TT as the QB.

2. 6 of them were by 6 points or LESS. None of those games consisted of "garbage time", they were all 1 score losses and games we were in late into them.

3. The other 2 losses by more than 6 were to Oakland and New England.

4. In Oakland we were up 24-9 in the 3rd quarter and the D gave up 4 straight touchdowns. The Bills scored ZERO in the 4th...so cross this game off the list of garbage time.

5. Against NE, we only scored just 7 points in the 4th quarter. So, at most as we sit right now, there were a total of 7 points out of the 399 we scored on the season that qualify for "garbage time".

6. We were FIFTH in the NFL in scoring under Taylor, and every team in the NFL has "garbage points" opportunities. NONE of you have backed out ANY garbage time from ANY other team. Yet the Bills only amassed SEVEN points in garbage time, which is nothing and has NO change in our offensive scoring ranking even BEFORE you back out the teams ahead of us garbage time.

Screw it...lets address another.

How did we score so much and lose so many games: Lets look at the REAL defense. That means lets check the 15 games other than the ONE fluke shutout that was an anomaly because the Pats were without Brady, Gronk and had a 3rd string rookie QB with an injured hand. Yes, we can overlook this fluke because those are extreme circumstances (NE and Brady dropped 41 on us a few weeks later) and not a TRUE indicator of how we played the other 15 games if we want to asses WHY we lost despite our scoring power.

1. We gave up 25.2 POINTS per game, which is 26th in the NFL. Under TT, we scored at least 25 points in 10 of his 15 starts and averaged 26.4 points per game. But when your D surrenders points at will and is at the bottom of the league, it makes it really hard for a team to win. NOTE: If Brady plays week 4 and hits his average production against us, we drop even lower. If he does what he did to us a few weeks later we fall to 28th in the NFL.

2. We were a running team. A running team that still averaged over 26.4 points per game, which is both hard and rare to average so many points when running is first form of attack. When your Defense keeps surrendering points, its puts more pressure on a run first team to have to KEEP scoring, and late in games, have to score fast because the D put you in a tough position.

Screw it: Time of Possession (TOP): As a running team, we were still explosive and had many quick strike drives in both the passing game and running game. Our TOP was poor because our D was awful. Show me a bad D where the team had a great TOP ratio...go ahead, try and find one.

Well now we are almost through your list, so lets finish.

Why did he run so much: Already answered above, but in case it wasnt clear...that was our offensive design in the first place. Tyrod is not perfect by any means, and he left opportunities on the field when he ran too soon, but he also has less than 2 seasons of starts under his belt and can easily improve in this area. But the main answer was that our offense was built around him being a major contributor with his legs and he created a TON of points and plays that would have been lost if not for his legs.

How many times did we score wen we needed a score to take a lead or win a game? First off, this is not a stat that falls directly on a QB. Second, someone posted an article about how Aaron Rodgers is 0-35 against teams with winning records when down 1 point in the 4th quarter...so CLEARLY, this is not just a QB stat because we KNOW Rodgers is Elite. More importantly, how many times did penalties kill drives by other players? How many times did we have the lead late and our D gave up points to lose the lead putting the pressure back on the offense? How many times did Taylor get the ball and have 1 or no timeouts because Rex wasted them earlier or we had injuries cost us some. How many times did a missed XP or FG by carpenter make it so we needed a TD instead of a FG? How many times was Taylor without a healthy Sammy or other playmakers?

There are a LOT of factors that go into this, not just what did TT do. And lets not forget, he is a young QB in terms of on field experience and still developing and had to do so with a turbulent staff, 2 OC's in 2 seasons, and without his best play makers often hurt.

And one more point, your post literally answers and backs up every single question the tyrod haters bring up. The only rebuttal to your post, would be people nitpicking stats at Tyrod, because like I said you literally answered almost everything. He is no means a great QB, but he is for sure above average and was not the reason this team did not make the playoffs

Did you take out EJ's two games in 2015 for those stats?

The Rodgers stat was actually down 1 point or more in the 4th Q. So if they had an off night and were down 21, that counted. Terrible stat.

Lots of those 6 points or less games were up multiple scores and TT scored against prevent and then the game ended.

Those stats were about this year, so yes, I took out EJ's one game and that was this years 15 games under TT.

And stop it dude, this is a flat out made up BS. None of that statement is true, and even worse, you even used the word LOTS making you sound even more absurd. Stop making crap up and spewing it as false truths...I mean how many times are you going to keep doing this garbage on the forum? What is it that you get out of making things up that you don't actually know is true or not?

Did you take out EJ's two games in 2015 for those stats?

The Rodgers stat was actually down 1 point or more in the 4th Q. So if they had an off night and were down 21, that counted. Terrible stat.

Lots of those 6 points or less games were up multiple scores and TT scored against prevent and then the game ended.

Really? Can you name a few?

Excellent post. I couldn't agree more with pretty much everything you said

And one more point, your post literally answers and backs up every single question the tyrod haters bring up. The only rebuttal to your post, would be people nitpicking stats at Tyrod, because like I said you literally answered almost everything. He is no means a great QB, but he is for sure above average and was not the reason this team did not make the playoffs

Thanks and thanks again :) And I totally agree with everything you just said.

What I would like to see us do is grab one of the top 2 WR's at #10 to give us another weapon in the passing game and then sign a quality FA WR like say Kerley, Boldin, or someone similar that TT can have confidence in that can either compete with the rookie at #2, or at least come in and compete with Hunter for #3 spot. Going into the season with a healthy Sammy, a top WR prospect, and solid Vet would make such a huge impact on our passing attack and TT development. This way we also have some better WR's to lean on if Sammy injury situation rears its head again.

TT has to see the middle of the field better, but honestly, I think he also needs receivers he can trust more as well so he will take a few more chances or look to run less when his initial read(s) aren't there. A lack of rapport/timing/trust in a receiver impacts a young QB when reading the field, especially when you have a QB who trusts his ability to make plays with his legs so much. And its crystal clear how much more he trusts a healthy Sammy over the other guys and he is the only one he seems to be more aggressive in throwing to.

Thanks and thanks again :) And I totally agree with everything you just said.

What I would like to see us do is grab one of the top 2 WR's at #10 to give us another weapon in the passing game and then sign a quality FA WR like say Kerley, Boldin, or someone similar that TT can have confidence in that can either compete with the rookie at #2, or at least come in and compete with Hunter for #3 spot. Going into the season with a healthy Sammy, a top WR prospect, and solid Vet would make such a huge impact on our passing attack and TT development. This way we also have some better WR's to lean on if Sammy injury situation rears its head again.

TT has to see the middle of the field better, but honestly, I think he also needs receivers he can trust more as well so he will take a few more chances or look to run less when his initial read(s) aren't there. A lack of rapport/timing/trust in a receiver impacts a young QB when reading the field, especially when you have a QB who trusts his ability to make plays with his legs so much. And its crystal clear how much more he trusts a healthy Sammy over the other guys and he is the only one he seems to be more aggressive in throwing to.

Yes sir, agree 100 percent again. I would love for the bills to build around Tyrod. Only time will tell if the bills pick up his option, but if they don't, I think it's a major mistake

Those stats were about this year, so yes, I took out EJ's one game and that was this years 15 games under TT.

And stop it dude, this is a flat out made up BS. None of that statement is true, and even worse, you even used the word LOTS making you sound even more absurd. Stop making crap up and spewing it as false truths...I mean how many times are you going to keep doing this garbage on the forum? What is it that you get out of making things up that you don't actually know is true or not?

Really? Can you name a few?

You guys are kidding right?

Jets were up 37-24 with 4 minutes to go. TT scored against prevent with 1:17 seconds to go. Defense got the ball back with 10 seconds. Game over. Loss by 6 points with TT's garbage time "comeback."

Miami #1 game, Phins up 28-17 with 2:24 to go. TT scores against prevent, 14 seconds left on clock. Tanny kneels it out. Loss by 3 points with TT's garbage time "comeback."

I could go on and on but that's already a third of our "6 point losses." Lol.

If he names more than one then he's lying.

How's my ass taste?

Edited by FireChan

Jets were up 37-24 with 4 minutes to go. TT scored against prevent with 1:17 seconds to go. Defense got the ball back with 10 seconds. Game over. Loss by 6 points with TT's garbage time "comeback."

Miami #1 game, Phins up 28-17 with 2:24 to go. TT scores against prevent, 14 seconds left on clock. Tanny kneels it out. Loss by 3 points with TT's garbage time "comeback."

You mean the Jets game that was 27-24 going into the 4th quarter before the D gave up an easy 10 unanswered points to start the 4th? You mean that game? The same game we scored 24 points in first 3 quarters and still lost? The same game that the Jets did not start playing prevent when we got the ball and scored in final 4 minutes? Nice try.

And the Miami game where we entered the 4th with a 17-14 lead and had that lead until 4:32 were left in the game before our D gave up 2 TD's in the next 2 minutes? The same game where that second Miami TD to make it a 2 score lead came with 2:32 left on the clock? But you are right, it was all Taylors fault and not the fact we let Jay Ajai, (who had only once ever rush for than 50 yards in a game) run for 200 yards including big runs late to seal our loss. So, considering until the final 2 min we either had a lead or were behind 1 score, your attempt of claiming all this "garbage time" is pretty much null and void.

Keep it coming...I rather enjoy destroying your false theories...its so easy.

You mean the Jets game that was 27-24 going into the 4th quarter before the D gave up an easy 10 unanswered points to start the 4th? You mean that game? The same game we scored 24 points in first 3 quarters and still lost? The same game that the Jets did not start playing prevent when we got the ball and scored in final 4 minutes? Nice try.

And the Miami game where we entered the 4th with a 17-14 lead and had that lead until 4:32 were left in the game before our D gave up 2 TD's in the next 2 minutes? The same game where that second Miami TD to make it a 2 score lead came with 2:32 left on the clock? But you are right, it was all Taylors fault and not the fact we let Jay Ajai, (who had only once ever rush for than 50 yards in a game) run for 200 yards including big runs late to seal our loss. So, considering until the final 2 min we either had a lead or were behind 1 score, your attempt of claiming all this "garbage time" is pretty much null and void.

Keep it coming...I rather enjoy destroying your false theories...its so easy.

None of what you said invalidates what I said. Entering the 4th Q? Scoring 24 in the first 3 Q? Ajayi's 200 yards? Who are you talking to?

Here's what I said. Both those games fit that criteria. Both multiple score games that TT brought to 6 points or less in the final minutes, then the game ended.

Kisses.

Edited by FireChan

None of what you said invalidates what I said. Entering the 4th Q? Scoring 24 in the first 3 Q? Ajayi's 200 yards? Who are you talking to?

Here's what I said. Both those games fit that criteria.

Kisses.

First you said LOTS...you gave 2 examples out of 6 games. Second, I already showed you how you completely ignored the flow of the game to paint this picture like we were behind big as if we spent all this time against Prevent Defenses when that was not the case. Teams don't go into "prevent" where 2 scores can lose you the game with plenty of time on the clock in a game like you tried to paint with the Jets game, especially in a game so high scoring. So you are tying to create a false scenario that didn't play out in the game. And in the Miami game, it didn't become a 2 score lead until the very end of the game. And in that game, TT did enough to win, but the D crumbled late and TT made a late comeback attempt trying to make up for the failures of the Defense in the LAST 4 MINUTES of the game where they gave up TWO TD's in less than 2 minutes. But please, continue...

First you said LOTS...you gave 2 examples out of 6 games. Second, I already showed you how you completely ignored the flow of the game to paint this picture like we were behind big as if we spent all this time against Prevent Defenses when that was not the case. Teams don't go into "prevent" where 2 scores can lose you the game with plenty of time on the clock in a game like you tried to paint with the Jets game, especially in a game so high scoring. So you are tying to create a false scenario that didn't play out in the game. And in the Miami game, it didn't become a 2 score lead until the very end of the game. And in that game, TT did enough to win, but the D crumbled late and TT made a late comeback attempt trying to make up for the failures of the Defense in the LAST 4 MINUTES of the game where they gave up TWO TD's in less than 2 minutes. But please, continue...

Backpedal to semantics. Cute.

I never made a single comment about if TT did enough to win or not. I just said the close losses weren't really close, because TT scored with basically no time left to make it look close.

Teams absolutely play to not allow big plays when up multiple scores with 4 minutes left. That's the best way to play it. The Jets don't care if TT pads his numbers over a longer drive, gets it to a 6 point game, then they get the W.

I think you may be reading the wrong posts or something, because the "flow of the game," wasn't addressed or even insinuated by me.

Edited by FireChan

How's my ass taste?

LOL!

You must think onsides kick recoveries don't exist. In each of those times, Taylor brought the team within a score and an onsides kick.

If that's your definition of "garbage time", so be it. But imo you're lying. If Buffalo recovers Carpenter's onside kick and they score, they win.

Would that still mean the score before the onsides kick was "garbage time"?

LOL!

You must think onsides kick recoveries don't exist. In each of those times, Taylor brought the team within a score and an onsides kick.

If that's your definition of "garbage time", so be it. But imo you're lying. If Buffalo recovers Carpenter's onside kick and they score, they win.

Would that still mean the score before the onsides kick was "garbage time"?

I guess if Tannehill fumbles on the kneel down, we win as well.

How man Carpenter onsides have we recovered when it was expected?

Furthermore, even if we do recover the onside kick in the Dolphins game, we get the ball back with 14 seconds left. In the Jets game, we got it back with 10 seconds left and didn't win. I guess we would've in the Dolphins game, because TT has such a great track record with scoring with less than 20 seconds on the clock. That's his calling card.

Multiple score games brought to look closer even though the game was never in doubt for the opposing team. Sorry Charlie.

Edited by FireChan

I guess if Tannehill fumbles on the kneel down, we win as well.

How man Carpenter onsides have we recovered when it was expected?

Furthermore, even if we do recover the onside kick in the Dolphins game, we get the ball back with 14 seconds left. In the Jets game, we got it back with 10 seconds left and didn't win. I guess we would've in the Dolphins game, because TT has such a great track record with scoring with less than 20 seconds on the clock. That's his calling card.

Multiple score games brought to look closer even though the game was never in doubt for the opposing team. Sorry Charlie.

Carpenter's onsides record is irrelevant.

14 seconds is enough time to get into FG range.

Wrong about the Jets game - Taylor scored a TD to cut the lead to six with 1:22 on the clock.

Garbage time scores - scoring late in games when the outcome is already decided.

The Bills scored ONE garbage time touchdown in 2016 - against the Patriots. Every other game you mention, the outcome was not yet decided.

Carpenter's onsides record is irrelevant.

14 seconds is enough time to get into FG range.

Wrong about the Jets game - Taylor scored a TD to cut the lead to six with 1:22 on the clock.

Garbage time scores - scoring late in games when the outcome is already decided.

The Bills scored ONE garbage time touchdown in 2016 - against the Patriots. Every other game you mention, the outcome was not yet decided.

And he got the ball back with 10 seconds. He didn't score. But 14 seconds, watch out!

Steelers game was pure garbage time for Tygod.

Edited by FireChan