"I'm Not a Democrat Anymore"

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure "libs" are dealing with it pretty much how most of this board "dealt" with BO....the hypocrisy is outstanding..

Of course they did. Let's take a walk down memory lane for some hilarity, shall we?

There were millions of angry white men descending on the capitol and yelling, "not my president" - Including the people on the right end of the ideological divide.

But, I recall people telling us that inaugurations were special events, even if you didn't agree with the choice.

And then you wonder why you're a joke of a poster.

Of course they did. Let's take a walk down memory lane for some hilarity, shall we?

There were millions of angry white men descending on the capitol and yelling, "not my president" - Including the people on the right end of the ideological divide.

But, I recall people telling us that inaugurations were special events, even if you didn't agree with the choice.

It's great every time, even if I don't always agree with the choice. Now go and enjoy the moment.

lol

I think that Obama is a very dangerous man. Not to us - to our enemies. He understands very well how to appeal to the moderate and sway people to his side, even while they may not believe in his idealogy.

Now imagine President Obama splitting the Muslim world, isolating the fanatics and swaying the moderates to realize that it makes more sense to work with us than against us.

Does anyone here doubt he can do it? And does anything think that watching the worldwide reaction to President Obama isn't causing the evildoers to wonder if maybe the tide is turning against him?

You may not like it but George W. Bush united them against us. Barack Obama seems to be aiming to unit everyone against THEM. I like it.

Some gems in those threads.

this board used to be so much better. that is proof

Please. I don't want to read anymore threads in support of everyone's right to have as much rooster in their mouths and azzes as they see fit and Constitutionally mempowered to do so.

Peace out.

more a man of action?

Chase your dreams, don't let anyone get in your way. Chase that rooster, son!

obama also wasnt a charlatan blowhard with a long track record of being a dick when he entered office. i didnt vote for him either time but lets not pretend there is any comparison. i didnt vote for him bc he was too green and didnt earn a second term. i didnt vote for trump because hes a silver spoon idiot

i agree obamas foreign policy left a lot to be desired but he was still miles ahead of the utter disaster that was george junior. then again, brittany spears could have been miles ahead of george jr

i agree obamas foreign policy left a lot to be desired but he was still miles ahead of the utter disaster that was george junior. then again, brittany spears could have been miles ahead of george jr

Was he really miles ahead of W? To me, he continued most of 43's most controversial policies and doubled down on the worst of them.

44 ran on getting us out of the endless wars, yet every day he was in office we were at war. We dropped a bomb every three hours during his last year alone. 44 doubled down on the surveillance state, expanding its powers and reach, he toppled Libya, tried to topple Syria, and was on watch during western backed coups in Brazil and Honduras (with HRC's help). He also droned American citizens without due process, expanded the drone wars exponentially, while simultaneously strengthening the authoritarian powers of the executive branch with EOs.

I think it's pretty revisionist to make the stance that Obama was anything other than a warmongering neoliberal on the foreign policy front. Which at best makes him an equal to W's neoconservatist warmongering.

44 doubled down on the worst of W's foreign policies while completely bungling the parts of W's policies that were actually working, creating a vacuum in the ME which lead to the rise of ISIS and gave Russia the ability to re-enter the ME in a way they hadn't since the 1980s.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

44 doubled down on the worst of W's foreign policies while completely bungling the parts of W's policies that were actually working, creating a vacuum in the ME which lead to the rise of ISIS and gave Russia the ability to re-enter the ME in a way they hadn't since the 1980s.

Who stole Greggy's login?

obama also wasnt a charlatan blowhard with a long track record of being a dick when he entered office. i didnt vote for him either time but lets not pretend there is any comparison. i didnt vote for him bc he was too green and didnt earn a second term. i didnt vote for trump because hes a silver spoon idiot

uh yeah he was a dick. He got divorce records unsealed against a rival to humiliate him. He personally attacked in dirty and dishonest ways to achieve his junior half term of US representation of the **** state Illinois.

Obama turned in the charm when he went national and everyone forgot about it because boy did he have a pretty smile.

i agree obamas foreign policy left a lot to be desired but he was still miles ahead of the utter disaster that was george junior.

Bush was terrible. The Iraq invasion was beyond reprehensible. But he kept a steady hand in the ME and took the war to the enemy. I do not agree with his policy but it was pretty clear.

Obama set, stepped back from, moved right, left, reset the US foreign policy like the wind. His was a total disaster and the world, especially the ME, never knew where the US stood.

IT pains me but I'd give Bush the nod on foreign policy over Obama even though he did get us into a war.

Was he really miles ahead of W? To me, he continued most of 43's most controversial policies and doubled down on the worst of them.

44 ran on getting us out of the endless wars, yet every day he was in office we were at war. We dropped a bomb every three hours during his last year alone. 44 doubled down on the surveillance state, expanding its powers and reach, he toppled Libya, tried to topple Syria, and was on watch during western backed coups in Brazil and Honduras (with HRC's help). He also droned American citizens without due process, expanded the drone wars exponentially, while simultaneously strengthening the authoritarian powers of the executive branch with EOs.

I think it's pretty revisionist to make the stance that Obama was anything other than a warmongering neoliberal on the foreign policy front. Which at best makes him an equal to W's neoconservatist warmongering.

its a fair point, to a degree anyway

i hate war too but from my perspective he had little choice. the threat of violent extremist islam is very real, even if he refused to say it for seven years

he also inherited arguably the biggest blunder in international american history. guess i should have said quagmine. giggity

I considered giving you chapter and verse, but decided you'd get more out of the exercise if I didn't spoon-feed it to you.

Cute. Except I've repeatedly demonstrated here an awareness of foreign policy, whereas you simply regurgitated a talking point.

So I await your explanation.

uh yeah he was a dick. He got divorce records unsealed against a rival to humiliate him. He personally attacked in dirty and dishonest ways to achieve his junior half term of US representation of the **** state Illinois.

Obama turned in the charm when he went national and everyone forgot about it because boy did he have a pretty smile.

i never heard that but its certainly possible. i also didnt despise him simply bc he was a democrat so i wasnt paying much attention to the partisan gossip columns that always flourish when the rival party wins

obama does use his charm, but so did the little dummy. as a guy i think i would have like jr, but lets face it hes a stupid person. hes another that got there with a silver spoon, this one more political than monetary. i dont think jr deserved the job bc he was dumb and incompetent. obama didnt deserve it bc he was too green and didnt earn a second term. and donald doesnt deserve bc hes a filthy rich dick of a human

ive seen the donald for many years and i dont like the donald. im sure hes not all bad but i wouldnt associate with him. and i certainly wouldnt trust him to be honest and fair, i simply dont think thats him. so i absolutely dont want a man like that with the most powerful job in the world, jesus

fortunately i dont think hes racist so im not concerned about him fubaring the country that way. thats actually us thats f***ing that up, not him. so i guess thats something to build hope on. sigh

Cute. Except I've repeatedly demonstrated here an awareness of foreign policy, whereas you simply regurgitated a talking point.

So I await your explanation.

you first

if youre such an expert i would appreciate your expanding my horizons. remember, i havent been back here for more than a few weeks. i didnt lurk on this forum so all i know is that you appear to be fairly reasonabe intelligent man on football matters

if you dont feel like rehashing all you prior work here i understand, but i would appreciate if you tried not to talk down to me like you did. just say that. this is not going to be a one way conversation

Edited by Meathead