The Trump Economy

GG

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

as usual, you have entirely missed the point.

axJmn.gif

Not at all, actually.

Fred-Rogers-Middle-Finger.gif

DC Tom did because, apparently, he's illiterate.

Oh wait, we can name call here, I guess I have to be more juvenile.

DC Tom is a weeny.

No... no... no...  to childish...

DC Tom is a meanie

..no....

DC Tom is....

hang on... I need time to bring out the playground bully in me...

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not at all, actually.

DC Tom is a weeny.

DC Tom is a meanie

..no....

DC Tom is....

Do it twice and you can't claim "typo". To, two and too. Learn the difference so that we don't call you names and you lose all self of steam.

33 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not at all, actually.

DC Tom is a weeny.

DC Tom is a meanie

..no....

DC Tom is....

oh, you most certainly did, twinkle toes.

question, how many times were you insulted in this thread? how many times doth you protest?

the first rule of Fight Club is? 

you don't talk about fight club.

the second rule of Fight Club is:

you DO NOT talk about Fight Club! 

you post the following thread today and what do you say?

15 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

...I hate being in PPP :doh:

and you wonder why you catch *****?

stop being disingenuous, idiot. 

Edited by Foxx

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Did I say that everyone who voted for Trump is one of those people?  Is that legitimately how you read what I said?

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

When you have a President who was elected primarily for his economic acumen as a businessman

Not literally everyone.  Just...y'know...primarily everyone.

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Contrary to what you might think about PPP, there isn't a single poster (that I know of) who voted for trump for that reason. 

I did! I did!  Oh wait, I didn't vote for President Trump. :wacko:   (I left the line blank, in NYS I had that luxury.)

Why I think he won:

1) Not Hillary
2) Not part of the DC "elite"

Ummm that's all I got. I'd vote for him in 2020 because he has exceeded my wildest dreams as a President, but in NYS it doesn't usually matter who I vote for if it isn't a D. Who knows, maybe it'll be like Reagan and NYS will have regained some sanity? I do not even want to consider what this country will be like if one of the DNC Clown Car Occupants wins. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I did! I did!  Oh wait, I didn't vote for President Trump. :wacko:   (I left the line blank, in NYS I had that luxury.)

Why I think he won:

1) Not Hillary

Ummm that's all I got. I'd vote for him in 2020 because he has exceeded my wildest dreams as a President, but in NYS it doesn't usually matter who I vote for if it isn't a D. Who knows, maybe it'll be like Reagan and NYS will have regained some sanity? I do not even want to consider what this country will be like if one of the DNC Clown Car Occupants wins. 

well, if NY joins that collation of states that will commit their EC votes to the candidate who wins the popular vote (i don't know how legal that is but), your vote certainly will matter.

;)

Edited by Foxx

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Why I think he won:

1) Not Hillary

3) Didn't patronize and demean the entire middle and working class.  

But honestly, that probably falls under "not Hillary."

23 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Doesn't that need like 2/3 of the states to ratify or something? 

Shouldn't.  Article 2, Section 1 says: "Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors..."  The states have exclusive rights as to how their electors are apportioned...so if the Colorado legislature wants to give a big "***** you" to all the residents of Colorado and have California and New York determine their Electoral College representation, they're well within their rights.  

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Shouldn't.  Article 2, Section 1 says: "Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors..."  The states have exclusive rights as to how their electors are apportioned...so if the Colorado legislature wants to give a big "***** you" to all the residents of Colorado and have California and New York determine their Electoral College representation, they're well within their rights.  

It will be interesting how it plays out in court. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

It will be...but it shouldn't be.  It's pretty unambiguous.  State constitutions might be a different matter.

The states don't even have to hold elections for president, theoretically.  A state legislature could pass a law saying the governor appoints electors directly as he sees fit.  They could appoint electors according to the results of a state-wide ping-pong tournament, if they wanted to, and it would be legal under the Constitution.

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

oh, you most certainly did, twinkle toes.

question, how many times were you insulted in this thread? how many times doth you protest?

the first rule of Fight Club is? 

you don't talk about fight club.

the second rule of Fight Club is:

you DO NOT talk about Fight Club! 

you post the following thread today and what do you say?

and you wonder why you catch *****?

stop being disingenuous, idiot. 

What in the world does any of that have to do with the false accusation from DC Tom and my response?

Yeah, I stand by what I said about PPP because, as you so glowingly show with our interaction here, this place is pretty vile.

But that has nothing to do with the statement I made, DC Tom's idiotic response, and my correction.

Stop being a vapid deautschbag, dummy.

Oh hey... there it is  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Not literally everyone.  Just...y'know...primarily everyone.

Precisely... almost... as long as you consider "primarily" the majority reason  :thumbsup:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

What in the world does any of that have to do with the false accusation from DC Tom and my response?

Yeah, I stand by what I said about PPP because, as you so glowingly show with our interaction here, this place is pretty vile.

But that has nothing to do with the statement I made, DC Tom's idiotic response, and my correction.

Stop being a vapid deautschbag, dummy.

Oh hey... there it is  :thumbsup:

Precisely  :thumbsup:

This is you...defending yourself?

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

well, if NY joins that collation of states that will commit their EC votes to the candidate who wins the popular vote (i don't know how legal that is but), your vote certainly will matter.

;)

NY is in it.

On November 7, 2016, Governor Andrew M. Cuomo signed legislation making New York's approval of the National Popular Vote compact permanent.

The bill will take effect when enacted by states with 98 more electoral votes.

Edit: I don't think they have updated the numbers since CO fell into the trap. So, it's even more dire.

Edited by Hedge
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Sure looks like you're insinuating "if it weren't for the Fed, Trump would have his 4%-6%."

Sounds like an excuse.

For the record, I think the entire notion that a President is solely or even primarily responsible for the economy in most cases is pretty ridiculous, but the fact that those who want to give credit to Trump for the economy are giving excuses like the Fed for why we still aren't even above 3% is just silly considering the last time our economy was over 3% annual GDP Federal Interest Rates was in a year when our Interest Rates were higher than they currently are at the beginning of the year and were raised over 2% in the span of that same year.

He probably would have had his 4-6% if the Fed did not intentionally raise rates to slow the economy and keep growth from overheating. Just because you're clearly a dipschiff doesn't make what I said any less true.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

It won't go anywhere in Court. The US Constitution is pretty clear the the individual states set the rules for electors. Of course, if Trump somehow won the popular vote, you'll see these states repeal their idiotic laws faster than @TH3 running away from backing up something he said.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

He probably would have had his 4-6% if the Fed did not intentionally raise rates to slow the economy and keep growth from overheating. Just because you're clearly a dipschiff doesn't make what I said any less true.

Pfft... yes, Trump would be the best President in the history of the US... nay... the world... nay, the UNIVERSE if everyone weren't out to get him.