Your local favorite restaurant you like.

mead107

You live in munster? i would probably spend every waking minute at 3 Floyds Brewing if I lived there

Casual places... of course. Mediterranean & Indian my favs.

A little café in Munster, Indiana... But my "go to" place for comfort food:

http://mishkenut.com/

Persian:

http://noonokabab.com/

Indian/Indian Fusion:

http://www.eatatnaansense.com/

Indian:

Then there is "House of India" (aren't they all called that?)... In Highland/Schererville, Indiana... A little supermarket/take-out/small dine-in joint... Totally awesome eats and catch a few Bollywood flicks on their big flat screen in the back of the restaurant and supermarket! :D On nice days get to go and eat out in park... No website (I think)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You live in munster? i would probably spend every waking minute at 3 Floyds Brewing if I lived there

I live on the Illiana line, Illinois side, just south and west of St.John, IN... Stone's through from Munster... My doctor is in Munster/Hammond/St.John...

Work is even closer... Got co-workers that home brew... Small, self stuff... They are in Hegewisch (Chicago neighborhood, southeast side on Indiana line...where my work is)... As home brewers, they love 3 Floyds too... Brings attention to area... :-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Hmm no, never been there. Just looked at the food pics on yelp and it looks really good. I'm a north-towner so honestly I rarely make it south of downtown. Might have to put it on my list tho. Thanks.

With all the new local places opening up around here, there's so many places to try. It's awesome.

You won't regret it. The weck is the best I've ever had. And I've had a LOT of weck.

eball will know it, but it's not right near me. i've been there once, but you make your own hibachi in Durham. you select your meats and such make one bowl or two at a buffet style place. its in front of a harris teeter and burger bach.

Love the Oasis. We've taken that boat twice (three cruises total in my lifetime). You're absolutely right -- not crowded at all despite the number of passengers. We also did the unlimited booze thing.

Ever try Potter's Field in S. Buffalo? May be the best local bar I've ever walked into. Essential Buffalo.

You won't regret it. The weck is the best I've ever had. And I've had a LOT of weck.

Potters is good, I'm bigger on Blackthorn on Seneca St.

How does it compare to Bar Bill? That was the best weck I've ever had.

F BarBills! Went there with a group and my own order never comes out. Waitress was a lazy POS. Walking out and mgr chasing me with my order in a bag: " You owe us for your order" F Y !

Anyone in NY, with Cuomo raising salaries, notice restaurants are dramatically raising prices or cutting WAY back on offerings? Mulberry must have cut their dinner servings in half, Arriba cut sides and raised all drinks about $5. From about $8 to $13-14 now. Two of my favorites, and not going back any more

Edited by MarkyMannn

Potters is good, I'm bigger on Blackthorn on Seneca St.

F BarBills! Went there with a group and my own order never comes out. Waitress was a lazy POS. Walking out and mgr chasing me with my order in a bag: " You owe us for your order" F Y !

Anyone in NY, with Cuomo raising salaries, notice restaurants are dramatically raising prices or cutting WAY back on offerings? Mulberry must have cut their dinner servings in half, Arriba cut sides and raised all drinks about $5. From about $8 to $13-14 now. Two of my favorites, and not going back any more

Think of it as a weight loss program... Just kidding. Sorry for being snarky... No offense. :-)

Really... They did that... Food in a bag and expected you to pay! Wow... They really messed up, right?

Anyway... I go here for Mexican:

http://www.chicagoheightsburritostation.com

Try "al pastor"... On tacos, etc... It is awesome:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_pastor

Think of it as a weight loss program... Just kidding. Sorry for being snarky... No offense. :-)

Actually I probably should get the half size. Bummer

Just recently when I was in BFLo... We went to Ditondo's for lunch:

http://stepoutbuffalo.com/theres-reason-ditondos-buffalo-classic/

Only open for lunch and dinner on Fridays... So hurry, today's Friday! ;-)

I work diagonally across the street from DiTondo's. Its good. A lot of people like it better than Chefs right down the street

Actually I probably should get the half size. Bummer

I work diagonally across the street from DiTondo's. Its good. A lot of people like it better than Chefs right down the street

Chef's gets slacked at times... But I love it. Best time I remember, we were in

BFLo when Flyers played Sabres in playoffs... Yeah, remember playoffs.

? I think that was "hole in net series (LeClair)"... Anyway, the whole Flyers' bus pulls up and team walks in to dine... Right then and there my 1 and a half year old son knew who the enemy was! ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

By local, do you mean where I live currently, or in Buffalo?

Currently (Houston, TX): Joe's BBQ. Kelley's. Basically any hole in the wall Tex-Mex place. Whataburger (chain, but just a regional chain.)

Buffalo- I like Steve's Pig and Ox Roast in Lackawanna. Nine-Eleven (name is coincidental) in South Buffalo for wings.

A little hole in the wall place called Texas Red Hots on Abbott Road near the Lackawanna/Buffalo border. Hot dogs are good, but the Texas sauce is the best I've ever had.

There's really no place locally. I've said it many times before, if Colorado Springs (east of I-25) was a restaurant if would be Chili's or Applebee's. In Denver, I would say The Fort is tops, followed by The Buckhorn Exchange, Govnr's Park Tavern and Bull and Bush Brewery.