Your local favorite restaurant you like.

mead107

I'm the same way with my local pub, if i am there past 6 or 7 it's because I have lost track of time. I prefer lunch time on weekends and 4-6 on weekdays

Name doesn't sound familiar but possibly if I saw him. I'm more of a happy hour, dinner time type of person. Usually out of there before it turns into Club Dwyer's.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the same way with my local pub, if i am there past 6 or 7 it's because I have lost track of time. I prefer lunch time on weekends and 4-6 on weekdays

This is exactly me as well. If I see the business end of bar after 7, I have to start reevaluating my life choices. Pooj, we ain't the young lions anymore!

This is exactly me as well. If I see the business end of bar after 7, I have to start reevaluating my life choices. Pooj, we ain't the young lions anymore!

Man, you fuggers either are extremely old, and /or no wifey poo and kids at home :nana:

That guy keeps going bust...but it is generally great value compared to the typical steak house.

But declaring bankruptcy two times in two years...you best get your visits in!

http://patch.com/virginia/arlington-va/rays-steaks-parent-company-files-bankrupty-again-report

We used to get my parents gift certificates to various restaurants for their birthdays and Christmas. As a former banker I knew there are few riskier businesses. We made a point of being VERY careful where spent the money. Two bankruptcys in two years is impressive, though!

I'd LOVE to hear from any Atlanta people! My wife loves Canoe, and I like South City Kitchen. Little Alley Steak House is great and in a cool are, but I'd love to hear local ideas. And of course pick and choose from the road trip options. :)

Cassa di Pizza in Sarasota, Fl has roots in Bufflalo and great pizza and wings (plus Labatts!). I miss them now that I'm in Atlanta. Buffalo pizza is somewhat unique, and hard to find.

hard to find cause it kinda sucks ( bobbing and weaving the bricks being thrown a me)

Italian. Razzo's Norfolk Va

Mexican Luna Maya Norfolk Va

Steakhouse Aberdeen Barn or Cobalt Grill. Norfolk/Virginia Beach

Wings The Dirty Buffalo. Norfolk

Best drinks

Rumrunners in summer at Surf Rider

Manhattans at Chow anytime

Breckinridge Agave Wheat Beer at Mix it up.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Ever try Potter's Field in S. Buffalo? May be the best local bar I've ever walked into. Essential Buffalo.

Hmm no, never been there. Just looked at the food pics on yelp and it looks really good. I'm a north-towner so honestly I rarely make it south of downtown. Might have to put it on my list tho. Thanks.

With all the new local places opening up around here, there's so many places to try. It's awesome.

Man I can't just say one place is the best. Up here in NH I'd recommend The Common Man. It's actually a locally owned chain of sit-down restaurants. Excellent food, ambiance for reasonable money.

In Boston's Chinatown I love going to China Pearl for dim sum Sundays. Take the T because there is no parking to be found.

As Mead would attest to, I like Perecca's Cafe in Schenectady.

As Mead (and Levi) would attest to, I like Perecca's Cafe in Schenectady.

:D

For bars/pub food, I'm fond of the Olde English Pub here in Albany as well as City Beer Hall. Both are walking distance for me. But my regular spot is McGeary's.

Purely for the food I like Reel Seafood Co. (Colonie, NY) and Yono's (Albany). A close runner-up would be New World Bistro (Albany, but across town).

Back home (Catskill, NY - pretty slim pickings) I like The New York Restaurant. Polish-American place with good beer and wine selections.

hard to find cause it kinda sucks ( bobbing and weaving the bricks being thrown a me)

No bricks, but maybe some leftover crust! The extra cheese, grease and slightly burnt pepperoni is hard to find elsewhere.

Man I can't just say one place is the best. Up here in NH I'd recommend The Common Man. It's actually a locally owned chain of sit-down restaurants. Excellent food, ambiance for reasonable money.

In Boston's Chinatown I love going to China Pearl for dim sum Sundays. Take the T because there is no parking to be found.

As Mead would attest to, I like Perecca's Cafe in Schenectady.

Next time you're in Boston's Chinatown check out Taiwan café for some of the best soup dumplings I've had. The crab and pork Xiao long bao (I think they're called steam buns on the menu) are legit.

Casual places... of course. Mediterranean & Indian my favs.

A little café in Munster, Indiana... But my "go to" place for comfort food:

http://mishkenut.com/

Persian:

http://noonokabab.com/

Indian/Indian Fusion:

http://www.eatatnaansense.com/

Indian:

Then there is "House of India" (aren't they all called that?)... In Highland/Schererville, Indiana... A little supermarket/take-out/small dine-in joint... Totally awesome eats and catch a few Bollywood flicks on their big flat screen in the back of the restaurant and supermarket! :D On nice days get to go and eat out in park... No website (I think)