Women's March On Washington

That sounds good, but until it's born it's really not. It had no right to be started , ended whatever. All out of its control and in the power of the woman.

"It's Life had no right to be started" is the dumbest, most logically inconsistent argument I've ever heard.

The child's life didn't exist until it began you nitwit.

But, once it began, the child's life became under it's own ownership, and possessed it's own independent rights. At which point, the mother is a mother, not a supreme dictator of whether or not murder should be done.

However, you've also argued that a life has no right not to be ended. I'd love to see you reconcile that assertion with your declarations about the supremacy of American freedom.

Idiot

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is of any concern, and we absolutely must have the Government involved in individuals reproductive decisions to placate the " pro-life" crowd , I'd say this: I'd be more likely to be a proponent of government background checks, means testing, and drug testing of potential parents than banning abortion. Screen them and license them, rather than have the Government mandate parenthood upon those who clearly are too irresponsible to be parents. Banning abortions would be a terrible idea. If they can't handle simple contraception than they certainly cannot handle the responsibility nor the expense of parenthood . I'm sure a large percentage of those government mandated children would end up on the welfare rolls . We license to drive cars and buy guns, yet just anyone can parent a child? Isn't that a much greater responsibility? There is a much better argument to be made for government to limit parenthood than there is to mandate it upon all who become pregnant ; the unable, the unwilling, the irresponsible. The best scenario though is simply to keep it the way it is and keep the government out of it altogether.

There's also a better numbers argument for exterminating the poor and homeless. However, that argument involves murder. Which is morally reprehensible.

If that is of any concern, and we absolutely must have the Government involved in individuals reproductive decisions to placate the " pro-life" crowd , I'd say this: I'd be more likely to be a proponent of government background checks, means testing, and drug testing of potential parents than banning abortion. Screen them and license them, rather than have the Government mandate parenthood upon those who clearly are too irresponsible to be parents. Banning abortions would be a terrible idea. If they can't handle simple contraception than they certainly cannot handle the responsibility nor the expense of parenthood . I'm sure a large percentage of those government mandated children would end up on the welfare rolls . We license to drive cars and buy guns, yet just anyone can parent a child? Isn't that a much greater responsibility? There is a much better argument to be made for government to limit parenthood than there is to mandate it upon all who become pregnant ; the unable, the unwilling, the irresponsible. The best scenario though is simply to keep it the way it is and keep the government out of it altogether.

And unfortunately, if you're not addressing the problem and ONLY addressing the symptoms, the problem gets much worse over the long term. Addressing the problem has to be the priority first and foremost.

How about we start with not giving people money for each kid they pop out? If governments didn't incentivize them to have kids then maybe they'd take contraception a bit more seriously.

How about we start with not giving people money for each kid they pop out? If governments didn't incentivize them to have kids then maybe they'd take contraception a bit more seriously.

Sorry, that makes way too much sense to ever happen.

And unfortunately, if you're not addressing the problem and ONLY addressing the symptoms, the problem gets much worse over the long term. Addressing the problem has to be the priority first and foremost.

From a priority standpoint I can't say I agree here. Only because the solution we both agree is the necessary long term one doesnt do much to address the immediate needs, which are dire.

I'm one that's against the government funding planned parenthood for any reason. However, I'm also for a woman having the freedom to get an abortion.

Just don't think taxpayers should be funding organizations who have connections to that particular practice.

But incarceration is fine?

True, but your vote for the deceased was overwhelmed from number of votes by the deceased

Haha fair point

Edited by The Big Cat

Uh what?

Planned parenthood isn't an abortion mill.

It provides health care for women and resources to for people to responsibly plan their families. You indicated that this is a poor investment of your tax dollars.

Meanwhile, a far greater portion of your tax dollars fund the capture, processing and warehousing of individuals who are--by and large--a product of irresponsible family planning.

My assumption is that you harbor much more consternation for planned parenthood than you do the U.S. penal system.

Is that accurate?

Edited by The Big Cat

It provides health care for women and resources to for people to responsibly plan their families. You indicated that this is a poor investment of your tax dollars.

Meanwhile, a far greater portion of your tax dollars fund the capture, processing and warehousing of individuals who are--by and large--a product of irresponsible family planning.

My assumption is that you harbor much more consternation for planned parenthood than you do the U.S. penal system.

Is that accurate?

A straw man!!!

Attack!!!

No, I think the two are wholly unrelated yet equally contemptible.

I think a good many of our prison issues would be resolved by ending the war on drugs.

I don't think funding planned parenthood would do ANYTHING to improve the prison situation...as it's been funded and we still have prison issues.

Edited by joesixpack

I confess to not having complete answers here, but in my mind, that is absolutely step one. The left's Have More Babies Incentive Program has become a generational thing, taught from parents and grandparents as a way to live. By the time you glorify it by giving teen moms their own TV show, it just spirals out of control. Today, 72% of black children are born out of wedlock. It's absolutely heartbreaking.

Another important step is to break that cycle so children being born into homes without two parents can see and learn a new way to view marriage and parenting. Making it easier and less expensive to adopt would be a great start. There are also a lot of programs that work within the poorest parts of the cities to give a hand up, but they're not all legitimate, which only adds to the problem.

In the end, I don't see a smooth landing out of this problem. What I do know is providing a federal guarantee that we'll give you everything you need to succeed out of the womb is just another incentive program.

So the bottom line for you is to punish for having/ enjoying sex. Admit it, you hate the though of sex for fun. You cannot stand it. It MUST be punished! We need Government telling women what to do with their reproductive system? Most sex doesn't happen for procreation. Contraception doesn't always work. Abortion should be legal always because no one should tell the woman who has to bear the burden of the pregnancy and everything that goes with it , what to do. It's very simple... No one else should tell her what to do. This is America. It's a needed last resort. It's no one else's business but hers.

I understand that there are differing points of view on abortion. From both sides some sound reasonable and some, like the above, are completely absurd. IMO it all comes down to defining when life starts. All other arguments on both sides are irrelevant.

What I never understood was abortion's place at the very top of the issues that the "women's movement" talks about. It is the #1 freedom they demand for women above all else....at least at these dumb rallies. Can you answer why abortion is supposedly the most important thing in the world to women? Because I don't think it is for most women. I think it is a quick and easy way for the protesting left to convince easily fooled dupes into thinking everyone is out to get them.

Planned Parenthood is about abortions, not Women's Health, as they claim. There are THOUSANDS of other clinics available to women that actually do offer complete health care.

LiveAction investigation: Planned Parenthood pre-natal care “virtually non-existent”

Unless one counts eliminating the natal part as care, that is. In the debate over defunding Planned Parenthood at the federal and state level, its executives and its defenders claim that doing so would be an attack on core health care for women, including pre-natal care for mothers-to-be.

Live Action, which has long opposed federal funds for the nation’s largest abortion chain, decided to test that claim by calling 97 different PP clinics around the country. . . .Grand total that provide pre-natal care? Five:

{snip}

This is a long-awaited follow-up to a similar investigation about claims from Planned Parenthood about breast-cancer screening and diagnostics. In an earlier round of debate over barring federal funds from flowing to Planned Parenthood, Barack Obama argued that cutting off funds would endanger their ability to provide mammograms, but that claim turned out to be false.

PP’s executives also claim that “one in five women depend on Planned Parenthood for health care,” which FactCheck.org demonstrated was way, way off; it’s closer to one in 30, and they offer no unique services that women can’t find at other clinics except abortions.

Edited by B-Man

I understand that there are differing points of view on abortion. From both sides some sound reasonable and some, like the above, are completely absurd. IMO it all comes down to defining when life starts. All other arguments on both sides are irrelevant..

This is a reasonable place to begin the discussion.

I can fully understand the "legal until life begins" argument, and although my position is that it begins at conception, if someone can make a scientific non-arbitrary case that it begins later, like at say viability, I could accept that assuming that viability was sliding based on technological advances.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

No, I think the two are wholly unrelated yet equally contemptible.

I think a good many of our prison issues would be resolved by ending the war on drugs.

I don't think funding planned parenthood would do ANYTHING to improve the prison situation...as it's been funded and we still have prison issues.

First I want to clarify something. Then I want you to clarify something.

I'm not suggesting that Planned Parenthood is the solution. In fact, I've been quite clear in this thread with what the solution actually is. But it's a long term one. Planned Parenthood is--at the very least--a firewall and an immediate resource that provides, in some small measure, relief from the structural failures, which begin first and foremost with the decay of the nuclear family, and which are causing societal rot at an alarming rate.

Next, please clarify for me, what two things do you think are wholly unrelated? Family planning and the penal system?

Planned Parenthood is about abortions, not Women's Health, as they claim. There are THOUSANDS of other clinics available to women that actually do offer complete health care.

LiveAction investigation: Planned Parenthood pre-natal care “virtually non-existent”

Unless one counts eliminating the natal part as care, that is. In the debate over defunding Planned Parenthood at the federal and state level, its executives and its defenders claim that doing so would be an attack on core health care for women, including pre-natal care for mothers-to-be.

Live Action, which has long opposed federal funds for the nation’s largest abortion chain, decided to test that claim by calling 97 different PP clinics around the country. . . .Grand total that provide pre-natal care? Five:

{snip}

This is a long-awaited follow-up to a similar investigation about claims from Planned Parenthood about breast-cancer screening and diagnostics. In an earlier round of debate over barring federal funds from flowing to Planned Parenthood, Barack Obama argued that cutting off funds would endanger their ability to provide mammograms, but that claim turned out to be false.

PP’s executives also claim that “one in five women depend on Planned Parenthood for health care,” which FactCheck.org demonstrated was way, way off; it’s closer to one in 30, and they offer no unique services that women can’t find at other clinics except abortions.

Yeah, got it. I've been on this forum enough to know your copy paste keys are as washed out as your brain.

A straw man!!!

Attack!!!

Actually, the comment below would be a strawman.

Next you're going to tell us it mostly provides mammograms.

There's also a better numbers argument for exterminating the poor and homeless. However, that argument involves murder. Which is morally reprehensible.

maybe to you...

Is that accurate?

what's your take on the county health department? Any time I get VD from one of the skanks I banged I go get treated and its free.