Lazy, unmotivated,big mouth players are in Big Trouble

HOUSE

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really privy to all the information but i'll take a stab at the OPs 6 players:

Dareus

Gilmore

Hughes

Clay

Harvin

Bush

I have no idea. It was hard to come up with this list honestly. Did I win?

Take Clay & Hughes off the list and add Washington & Preston Brown. BTW no more candy for u Preston. He keeps candy in his hoodie pocket during practice Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

The D under performed due to scheme not lack of effort by players. Dareus is not as committed to football as he is committed to pot. Seantral, same thing, Chrone Disease and pot excuse is a smoke screen.

The D needs Ragland, A Williams or a suitable replacement, another top notch safety, Gilmore, and

Shaq Lawson has to make a commitment to the game. He is as close to being a bust as he is to being productive.

Lawson is not nearly close to being a "bust."

My uninformed list would be Darius, Preston Brown, Hughes, Adolphus Washington, Stephon Gilmore with a gut feeling of Darby as well. Yes all defensive players

Lazy, unmotivated, big mouthed? I hardly ever heard a peep out of any of these guys much less "big mouthed" nonsense. And I sure don't perceive any of them as "lazy." Watch Dareus in a game, or Hughes or Darby or any of them and tell me they're unmotivated. There are any number of other things you can blame them for but not the things the OP chose to emphasize. There are teams in the league where big mouths, domestic violence, alcohol, night life incidents and such are regular as rain. Really, the Bills have almost none of that. Compared to the SB Bills, these guys are choir boys.

Take Clay & Hughes off the list and add Washington & Preston Brown. BTW no more candy for u Preston. He keeps candy in his hoodie pocket during practice

Washington, really? I'm really optimistic that coach McDs enthusiasm and attention to detail will spark these guys up and remind them why they love the game. PB was bad last year, it was aweful watching play after play get outside of him, maybe less candy would be good.

Are you a player union representative or related to a player? Did you even watch any of the games this year?

The Ryans were fools but some of the players just flat out quit or didn't give close to 100%.... blaming the reporters just makes you sound even worse.

Nope, not a union rep or related to a player. But it sure sounds like you are tied to the Ryans or one of the dregs that work for TBN. Or maybe you're one of them (your screen name tips the Baltimore/Ryan connection. Is that you, Fat Rob?) So defensive! Such umbrage! Are your hands shaking?

If your reading comprehension was better, you'd have seen I wasn't blaming the reporters for the Bills failures which is a very odd take-away on your part. What I was saying (now pay attention, I don't want to have to write this again) is if you're looking for lazy, unmotivated, big mouthed people in the general area of the Bills, you're more likely to find those qualities in spades among the reporters covering the team than among the players.

FTR, I watched the games, watched most of the All - 22s. But I must have been watching some other team than the Bills because I sure didn't see the players quitting, even as the lazy, unmotivated, big mouthed Rex's coaching was destroying the season. In fact, their level of commitment and performance was heartening considering what was going on. The players did themselves proud.

How about naming a few of those lazy, unmotivated, big mouthed players, plus the ones who quit on the team? I'm sure we'd all like to hear about them.

Gilmore lazy ? ...I don't think so, he's in great shape.

Gilmore unmotivated ?... I don't think so, he's in a contract year.

Gilmore a big mouth ?....I don't think so, in fact it's just the opposite, he's quiet.

Gilmore an unwilling tackler ??..hell yea, probably selfishly motivated by trying to stay injury free.he wasn't a great tackler before that which is why I wouldn't pay him elite franchise tag money.

Gilmore chirped one time earlier this year pointing out that the bills leave their corners in man to man coverage more than any other team in the league. which was in response to repeated questions about his perceived and real drop in play. a fair comment.

I dont know what you are talking about. I saw him give up on plays this year. Do you remember the bomb that hogan caught and Gilmore could have made the tackle but he was too busy running his mouth to his teammates while the play was going on. He played not to get hurt like he always does and you saw the results.

While a good anecdote, that was probably easier to do with no salary cap ramification to think about. Sometimes as a HC you are truly " stuck" with a guy and need to find another way to reach them . I get that the message needs to be sent, and I agree with the message itself. Just need to find a different way to send it these days.

Acknowledged. It's harder now to cut a guy with attitude issues with the way contracts are written and their salary cap implications.

Still, as a fan with limited info, it seems to me that Rex was more willing to ignore attitudinal issues than some other coaches. Rex seemed more interested in on-the-field talent. I get the impression that McDermott will work harder on culture, attitude, and mindsets than Rex did.

Acknowledged. It's harder now to cut a guy with attitude issues with the way contracts are written and their salary cap implications.

Still, as a fan with limited info, it seems to me that Rex was more willing to ignore attitudinal issues than some other coaches. Rex seemed more interested in on-the-field talent. I get the impression that McDermott will work harder on culture, attitude, and mindsets than Rex did.

and Im pretty sure McDermott wont be traveling during game week to World Series or other events

I skipped some pages, but didn't Lynn say Tyrod and Clay can't develop rhythm because Clay never practices? How much of that was real injury stuff, and how much was "camp Rex", giving vet days off in practice?

Gilmore

Dareus

Goodwin

Come to mind buh bye

I don't recommend cutting Dareus, he just needs to get over his laziness. In addition I would add TT. He spoke loud by taking the surgery and backing the Bills organization into paying him this offseason. No REAL leader does that.

I don't recommend cutting Dareus, he just needs to get over his laziness. In addition I would add TT. He spoke loud by taking the surgery and backing the Bills organization into paying him this offseason. No REAL leader does that.

Is this serious about Taylor? The guy has been nothing short of a perfect teammate in his 2 years here. He is the 1st guy in the building on practice days and he said absolutely nothing wrong at all after the season... He had surgery the first chance he could so he could be HEALTHY as soon as possible. Some people just like to make things up.