Deshaun Watson is the answer

CDogg20

3828 33 touchdowns and 12 pics

3896 36 touchdowns and 13 pics

3851 with 34 touchdowns 11 pics

Rushed for 1165 during those 3 years. Those are the numbers for Tajh Boyd, he completed over 67 percent of his passes in two of those years. Be wary of a Clemson QB.

He had Watkins Hopkins Bryant and Ellington. What a squad.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3828 33 touchdowns and 12 pics

3896 36 touchdowns and 13 pics

3851 with 34 touchdowns 11 pics

Rushed for 1165 during those 3 years. Those are the numbers for Tajh Boyd, he completed over 67 percent of his passes in two of those years. Be wary of a Clemson QB.

Hope you didn't take too bad of a bath on last nights game

I know he's a much more accomplished thrower in college than Tyrod was.

Which means nothing in the NFL. So was Brian Brohm...Colt Brennan...(insert anyone of endless amounts of accomplished college passers that were terrible in the NFL). Doesn't mean he can't be a good NFL QB, but lets be real...if he was considered a high level college passer, he would have the same hype as Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, etc did coming out and would be the hands down consensus #1 pick.

But the reality is, his ability as a passer is questionable to translate well into the NFL. Right now, he is a dual threat QB with question marks around his ability to pass at the next level. All that being said, he can fully change minds with the combine and other off season processes...but right now, his pass game at the next level are where the question marks are.

Which means nothing in the NFL. So was Brian Brohm...Colt Brennan...(insert anyone of endless amounts of accomplished college passers that were terrible in the NFL). Doesn't mean he can't be a good NFL QB, but lets be real...if he was considered a high level college passer, he would have the same hype as Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, etc did coming out and would be the hands down consensus #1 pick.

But the reality is, his ability as a passer is questionable to translate well into the NFL. Right now, he is a dual threat QB with question marks around his ability to pass at the next level. All that being said, he can fully change minds with the combine and other off season processes...but right now, his pass game at the next level are where the question marks are.

With the exception of special talent prospects like Peyton and Luck you never know for sure whether good college qb prospects will play well in the pro game. They are different games. The overwhelming majority of the college passing systems is first read and minimal progression reads. The traits that you do have the ability to assess when evaluating college players are their accuracy, touch, arm strength and to a limited degree their feel for the pocket and how they react to pressure. Another key in evaluating prospects is considering their mechanics. It's my belief (for the most part) as demonstrated by the EJ saga that if you don't have good mechanics in college you are going to struggle making it in the pros. That's not an absolute rule but a strong probable rule.

The Brian Brohm and Colt McCoy examples you cited were two smart college qbs who didn't have adequate enough arm strength to allow them to succeed in the pro game where you have to make tight and hard throws in small windows. While Brohm is a clear bust McCoy is a good backup who is carving out a lengthy and lucrative career. Is he capable of taking a step up and progressing to a starter status? Probably not because of his physical limitations. Is he a better qb than an EJ caliber qb? I would say yes because he can make the reads and is accurate with his short throws but is clearly limited in the lengthier throws.

The Bills have not had a franchise qb since Jim Kelly left the scene two decades or so again. That is an argument that promotes continuously trying in your pursuit of position that is the key to success for a franchise.

Edited by JohnC

From a facebooker *****

There is no comparison of EJ and Tyrod Taylor to Deshaun Watson. Neither one did the things Watson has done. Stop comparing them.

Vince Young college stats:

FR: 1155 yards, 6 td's 7 ints

SO: 1849 yards, 12 tds, 11 ints

JR: 3036 yards, 26 tds, 10 ints

EJ Manuel college stats:

FR: 817 yards, 2 tds, 6 ints

SO: 841 yards, 4 tds, 4 ints

JR: 2666 yards, 18 tds, 8 ints

SR: 3397 yards, 23 tds, 10 ints

Tyrod Taylor college stats:

FR: 927 yards, 5 tds, 3 ints

SO: 1036 yards, 2 tds, 7 ints

JR: 2311 yards, 13 tds, 5 ints

SR: 2743 yards, 24tds, 5 ints

Deshaun Watson college stats

FR: 1466 yards, 14 tds, 2 ints

SO: 4109 yards, 35 tds, 13 ints

JR: 4593 yards, 41 tds, 17 ints

His stats are not even comparable. He absolutely smokes these jokers as a passing QB and was just as good a runner as them. Its not even close. Young, Manuel, Taylors college production actually translates exactly who they are in the NFL. If watson is a pass first QB that can sling it and get the ball to his best recievers. He's has great size and mobility. He can see the whole field. He's smart and he's already playing in a pro style offense underneath the center.

*****only 1500 yards better than Vy's best season. Come on man.

So 30 interceptions in his last 27 college games, many of which were against weak competition, doesn't send up any red flags?

Your right, he can "sling it". He just slings it to the wrong team more than once a game.

Edited by Southern Bills Fan

I knew there would be a love fest for this kid today. I am constantly suprised that people STILL haven't realized the difference in a college spread QB and an NFL passer. Man the entire game Watson looked like a nobody. He attemped and completed maybe 3 NFL throws before the middle of the 4th Q yet his stats were off the charts. Basically throwing bubble screens. People complain about TT wanting to run too soon and they like Watson !?!?!

Watson nor Kiser will be anything in the NFL. Its fairly obvious to see. but don't take it from me, this is from the walter football site regardign Watson -- 1/9/17: I surveyed teams around the league to see where their initial draft grades were for Watson. Two playoff teams told me they had third-round grades on Watson. One said it was on the low end as a third- to fourth-rounder. Another playoff team told Walt that they had a third-round grade on Watson. Two other teams said they had second-round grades on Watson. Another team thought that Watson still could be a late first-round quarterback, similar to Teddy Bridgewater, because of the dire need at the position across the NFL.

So basically Playoff NFL teams think he is a 3rd rounder kind of guy, with one team admitting he may go in the 1st round out of desperation for a starting QB.

As far as Kizer goes - giant PASS. He stinks. Again, this is from walter football "One playoff general manager told me Kizer has the tools to be the prototypical quarterback prospect but never seems to put everything together and doesn't win. " AKA looks like tarzan plays like Jane. AKA EJ Manual 2.0

Watch for the rise of Josh Allen, QB from Wyoming, he might sneak into the top ten, even top QB spot.

I like the effort, but how about signing Cyprien from the Jags? He played for Bradley and played well. The FS I like is a late 1st/ early 2nd round projected CB King, great ball skills and could make the conversion like Byrd did.

Good take. Hated you're game in the 70's and 80's. I' more of a galaga, asteroids kind of guy. Hated PAC man too. Might be before you're time. Those late 40's guys know what I'm saying.

You want to know who the bills should draft from that game last night? Mike williams the 6 foot 3 WR and OJ Howard the 6 foot 6 TE. Those two and TT at QB and our O would be so dominant.

Give TT some big target to jump up for contested balls and you will see him throw more into coverage. The past two seasons he had NO ONE to catch those balls.

EDIT - Add that Boulware guy to the list too

Edited by peterpan