Deshaun Watson is the answer

CDogg20

I have said I much rather keep Taylor (a guy Watson projects similar too) because this team can win with Taylor. Its not about some love affair with Taylor, its about the fact we score plenty with him leading this offense despite missing our most talented skill players on offense for large parts of the season.

I am sick of losing...I am sick of no playoffs. Drafting Watson and being wrong sets this team back 5 years. This team is a playoff caliber team already if healthy. We damn near made the playoffs despite terrible wrath of injuries the last 2 years and bad coaching (according to most of you, the worst coaching in the NFL). We can add a top prospect at WR, DB or S with the 10 pick and address the other needs in the rest of the draft and FA and this team can be very good.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: We can keep Taylor and take a great WR/DB/S prospect at 10 while finding another QB as a potential replacement in the 2nd round as there will certainly be one there that wont grade out much differently than any of the first QB's off the board as none of them have really separated themselves.

Taking Watson and not a safety sets this team back 5 years. Now I've heard it all.

I'm shocked we're even able to win this year as a playoff caliber team. We drafted EJ in the first only 4 years ago. Don't we have to wait one more?

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry I simply do not agree with your assessment of Watson's ability. Winston threw 28 INTs in 2 years playing for FSU. He has thrown picks in the pros too.... it is because he tries to make plays and doesn't wait for a receiver to be open before he throws - just like Watson. Would you have passed on him too?

You have question marks over Watson's ability to be a passer at the next level.... the question marks I have are relatively minor.

You say he can't be a franchise guy if he isn't a consensus #1 pick.... tell Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco, Derek Carr, Drew Brees that.

Your argument essentially amounts to "I like Tyrod I think he is better than you do and I think we should build around him unless there is an Andrew Luck type prospect there for us to draft."

That's fine. You stick with Tyrod. I'll take Watson we can come back to this in 3 years and see who looks smart.

I never said he can't be a franchise guy if he isnt the consensus top pick, now you guys are putting words in mouth.

What I am telling you is that SCORING WAS NOT OUR ISSUE NOR THE REASON WE MISSED THE PLAYOFFS (not yelling, just highlighting that statement). How many times do I have to say that. You don't blow up your offense and gamble on a guy who isnt seen as top QB prospect when you are one of the top scoring teams in the league despite firing your OC 2 weeks in and missing most of best receivers for large chunks of the year.

If we were some scrub team with no chance to contend, then sure, take the kid and get rid of Taylor. But this team would have made the playoffs if not for the disaster that was our defense. Not to mention how much we scored even though our best receivers were often not on the field or playing hurt on offense.

I have also said I do not have a problem taking him if we don't keep Taylor, but I think its a mistake to get rid of Taylor to take this kid who may not even be there at 10 with 4 QB needy teams ahead of us. And it would be a colossal mistake to trade up for him.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I never said he can't be a franchise guy if he isnt the consensus top pick, now you guys are putting words in mouth.

What I am telling you is that SCORING WAS NOT OUR ISSUE NOR THE REASON WE MISSED THE PLAYOFFS (not yelling, just highlighting that statement). How many times do I have to say that. You don't blow up your offense and gamble on a guy who isnt seen as top QB prospect when you are one of the top scoring teams in the league despite firing your OC 2 weeks in and missing most of best receivers for large chunks of the year.

If we were some scrub team with no chance to contend, then sure, take the kid and get rid of Taylor. But this team would have made the playoffs if not for the disaster that was our defense. Not to mention how much we scored even though our best receivers were often not on the field or playing hurt on offense.

I have also said I do not have a problem taking him if we don't keep Taylor, but I think its a mistake to get rid of Taylor to take this kid who may not even be there at 10 with 4 QB needy teams ahead of us. And it would be a colossal mistake to trade up for him.

Taylor's gone unless no one else wants to pay him. He's not staying without restructuring.

If no one else will pay him then we get screwed while teams that passed on Taylor add Watson/Money Mitch/Kizer

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Alpha... I agree the offense wasn't the reason we missed the playoffs. Get this - I don't care about backing into the playoffs one time like Miami just did. I want to have a team that gets in with a shot to win the whole show. I don't believe Tyrod ever gives us that so I don't care about building round Tyrod. I'd rather take shots on finding a guy I think can. I think Watson has a chance to be that guy.

EDIT: And for that reason whether Tyrod is here or not is irrelevant to my belief that if Watson is there at 10 you take him.

Edited by GunnerBill

Taking Watson and not a safety sets this team back 5 years. Now I've heard it all.

I'm shocked we're even able to win this year as a playoff caliber team. We drafted EJ in the first only 4 years ago. Don't we have to wait one more?

You are literally the worst reader I have ever seen...I said if you take Watson AND ARE WRONG ON HIM it sets you back 5 years.

Alpha... I agree the offense wasn't the reason we missed the playoffs. Get this - I don't care about backing into the playoffs one time like Miami just did. I want to have a team that gets in with a shot to win the whole show. I don't believe Tyrod ever gives us that so I don't care about building round Tyrod. I'd rather take shots on finding a guy I think can. I think Watson has a chance to be that guy.

I agree with you man on not wanting to be the next Texans...token playoff team that backed in. But you and I just see things differently with Taylor. I think we can be a good team with Taylor if we can get another talented WR on the field as well as shore up our D by having our players on the field and healthy next year with some additions in the secondary. Not to mention a better coaching staff.

Think about that year before Rex...if we had this offense with that Defense we would have been a dangerous team, and that team won 9 games with that pathetic offense. We have most of the same players we did then...get the D back on track and this team can be a lot better than the Miami team was this year.

You are literally the worst reader I have ever seen...I said if you take Watson AND ARE WRONG ON HIM it sets you back 5 years.

We were wrong on EJ. Why don't we have to wait all 5 years to get in the playoffs? Or is your argument the worst one you've ever made, which is saying a lot.

the problem i'm seeing is you can't count on getting watson in the draft. if he's gone by our pick where do we go? taylor is on this team next year unless were going with a scrub. getting rid of taylor and then missing watson means we end up with hoyer or cutler and next year is a 3 win season

the problem i'm seeing is you can't count on getting watson in the draft. if he's gone by our pick where do we go? taylor is on this team next year unless were going with a scrub. getting rid of taylor and then missing watson means we end up with hoyer or cutler and next year is a 3 win season

I see this completely. You don't know on Watson at the point you have to make the call on Tyrod. I personally think the two decisions should be made entirely independantly of each other.

1. Do we believe Tyrod is our guy?

If we decide no then you don't take up the option.

2. Do we think Watson if there at #10 could be the guy?

If you decide yes then he is gone you are left with a worse caretaker than Tyrod in 2017 but at a much lower cost. I can take that if it is what it comes to. Rolling for 3 more years with Tyrod is the definition of spinning wheels for me.

Edited by GunnerBill

If Watson is on the board and he passes on him he should be fired. Let me say this... a GM who picks Trubisky over Watson if one does will not be in a job in 2 years.

Sorry, I'm not a Trubiskithead either... I don't think it's as good a draft for QB's as many think... There's hidden Gems, of course... Phillip Walker of Temple makes my short list to be starting somewhere in two years.... But, other than that, pickins are SLIM...

Don't chase the rabbit, Bill... No point in compounding our misery with more dead weight...

Sorry, I'm not a Trubiskithead either... I don't think it's as good a draft for QB's as many think... There's hidden Gems, of course... Phillip Walker of Temple makes my short list to be starting somewhere in two years.... But, other than that, pickins are SLIM...

Don't chase the rabbit, Bill... No point in compounding our misery with more dead weight...

I think you are wrong.

You go crazy with players out of left field every draft season. Have you been right about any of them yet ?

You're cooler than us you watch d2 lol. What's up w the Wyoming qb Allen ? Is he a thing ?