Deshaun Watson is the answer

CDogg20

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You go crazy with players out of left field every draft season. Have you been right about any of them yet ?

You're cooler than us you watch d2 lol. What's up w the Wyoming qb Allen ? Is he a thing ?

Allen's an intriguing prospect, bit it's WYO... So....That's it for now...

But hey, -Brett Smith is a guy that could use an invite to TC... Just to add a little competition to the mix!

Why does picking Watson and him stinking set us back 5 years, when picking EJ and being wrong did not?

1. We picked EJ 4 years ago...did we make the playoffs yet? We are now looking down the barrel of Cardale or a rookie QB going into year 5 if we don't keep Taylor (or land some splash FA like some recently are saying in this thread). We wasted a talented D on EJ and Orton during his first 2 years. Then once we got a QB who could help the offense score, the D had fallen apart. You now say that QB isnt the guy and want to start over again with Watson. Hello 5 years and if Watson isn't they guy the cycle continues.

2. If we take Watson and are wrong...he will get at least 2 years to prove we were wrong, and could get 3 if he is at least mediocre before its clear he isnt the guy.

3. Then after he has proved he isnt the guy, we still need to find the guy which is easier said than done. But lets assume we immediately draft a guy who proves to be a guy to build around finally. It will still more than likely take a couple seasons for that QB to really get to a place of being a franchise guy. So that means, you are looking at year 5 as the year to finally contend again...and that is assuming you only wasted 2 years on Watson. And that also means you IMMDEDIATLELY found the guy after that. And that is also assuming you didn't lose all your talent to age and Free Agency while you stunk a few seasons and have a good enough team around the QB at that point.

Edited by Alphadawg7

1. We picked EJ 4 years ago...did we make the playoffs yet? We are now looking down the barrel of Cardale or a rookie QB going into year 5 if we don't keep Taylor (or land some splash FA like some recently are saying in this thread). We wasted a talented D on EJ and Orton during his first 2 years. Then once we got a QB who could help the offense score, the D had fallen apart. You now say that QB isnt the guy and want to start over again with Watson. Hello 5 years and if Watson isn't they guy the cycle continues.

2. If we take Watson and are wrong...he will get at least 2 years to prove we were wrong, and could get 3 if he is at least mediocre before its clear he isnt the guy.

3. Then after he has proved he isnt the guy, we still need to find the guy which is easier said than done. But lets assume we immediately draft a guy who proves to be a guy to build around finally. It will still more than likely take a couple seasons for that QB to really get to a place of being a franchise guy. So that means, you are looking at year 5 as the year to finally contend again...and that is assuming you only wasted 2 years on Watson. And that also means you IMMDEDIATLELY found the guy after that. And that is also assuming you didn't lose all your talent to age and Free Agency while you stunk a few seasons and have a good enough team around the QB at that point.

1. EJ isn't the QB right now, Tyrod is and has been for 2 years. Your contention is that we're close with him at the helm. So in reality, picking EJ set us back for 2 years at best, because that's how long he played.

2. 2 isn't 5. We've wasted 2 years on TT being mediocre. Not sure how it's any different with a QB who hasn't hit his ceiling yet.

3. Won't we lose all our talent if we stink with TT at the helm like we've been doing? So when TT gets 3 years to "build a team around him," we haven't lost any talent to age or FA, but if we gave Watson 3 years, whoa boy is that team gonna suck because apparently teams only lose players to age and FA when you don't like the new QB.

These arguments are terrible.

Edited by FireChan

1. EJ isn't the QB right now, Tyrod is and has been for 2 years. Your contention is that we're close with him at the helm. So in reality, picking EJ set us back for 2 years at best, because that's how long he played.

2. 2 isn't 5. We've wasted 2 years on TT being mediocre. Not sure how it's any different with a QB who hasn't hit his ceiling yet.

3. Won't we lose all our talent if we stink with TT at the helm like we've been doing? So when TT gets 3 years to "build a team around him," we haven't lost any talent to age or FA, but if we gave Watson 3 years, whoa boy is that team gonna suck because apparently teams only lose players to age and FA when you don't like the new QB.

These arguments are terrible.

Correct your arguments are terrible, I totally agree. You really do struggle with comprehension.

1. What part of this is confusing for you: If you miss on a QB you then have to find another and that QB will then take time to figure out if he is the guy or not...and if he is not then you go again. So if you miss on Watson, then you lose 2 years possibly 3 on him depending how badly you missed. Then you have to find a new QB, likely a rookie because good vets aren't normally available, and then you need to invest another 2 years in that rookie before he is either proven not to be the guy or had enough time to develop into the guy ready to lead the team.

I mean you can't be this dense that you can't understand basic english. I did not say you waste 5 years on just Watson...but goess what happens if you miss on Watson...you spend another 2 to 3 years finding and developing another QB...and guess what if you are wrong again...the cycle continues even longer.

2. And this point here PROVES exactly what I am saying. We were WRONG on EJ. Cost us 2 years of horrible play between EJ and the band aid of Orton. Then we had to try and find a new guy in year 3 or see if EJ could salvage his career. The new guy won the job, but you say he is terrible and wasted 2 more years on him. Which is my EXACT POINT again the you are making for me. You invest another 2 years into another QB until you know if he is the guy or not. If he is not, you again starting over in year FIVE, the very thing you WANT to do now because we MISSED on a reach in the EJ pick in a BAD DRAFT FOR QB's.

3. You think this team would look the same in 4 to 5 years? LMAO. One, players get older and play falls off or they retire. 4 to 5 year is an eternity in the NFL. And again, this discussion pertains to what happens when you miss on a QB...if the QB still stinks and the team isnt going anywhere, it makes it less enticing for the younger talented players to want to resign when they become a FA. Doesnt mean they wont, but it sure doesnt help. So while we have a roster that can contend now, there is no guarantees we still will if we go through another few years of QB futility.

I mean my god dude, you literally are making my case for me.

Edited by Alphadawg7

YardsPerPass.com @YardsPerPass 2h2 hours ago

Lots of people thinking Watson and the Bills makes sense... Remember DW likes big, strong QBs. TT was a Rex guy. Don't think it happens

YardsPerPass.com @YardsPerPass 2h2 hours ago

I have no inside info... but just look at the QBs DW has drafted... EJ and Cardale. Then look at PIT... all bigger QBs

YardsPerPass.com @YardsPerPass 23m23 minutes ago

If it is McDermott you're gonna start seeing some people mocking Reuben Foster to the Bills

YardsPerPass.com @YardsPerPass 39m39 minutes ago

YardsPerPass.com Retweeted Jason La Canfora

McCoy is a huge get too if he comes too. He was OC when Tebow won a playoff game. Let me repeat that... he won a playoff game w/ Tim Tebow

YardsPerPass.com @YardsPerPass 17m17 minutes ago

Kyle Orton threw for 3800 yards and 21 TDs in 2009 w/ McCoy as his OC in DEN

YardsPerPass.com ‏@YardsPerPass 2h2 hours ago

Lots of people thinking Watson and the Bills makes sense... Remember DW likes big, strong QBs. TT was a Rex guy. Don't think it happens

YardsPerPass.com ‏@YardsPerPass 2h2 hours ago

I have no inside info... but just look at the QBs DW has drafted... EJ and Cardale. Then look at PIT... all bigger QBs

YardsPerPass.com ‏@YardsPerPass 23m23 minutes ago

If it is McDermott you're gonna start seeing some people mocking Reuben Foster to the Bills

YardsPerPass.com ‏@YardsPerPass 39m39 minutes ago

YardsPerPass.com Retweeted Jason La Canfora

McCoy is a huge get too if he comes too. He was OC when Tebow won a playoff game. Let me repeat that... he won a playoff game w/ Tim Tebow

YardsPerPass.com ‏@YardsPerPass 17m17 minutes ago

Kyle Orton threw for 3800 yards and 21 TDs in 2009 w/ McCoy as his OC in DEN

Well Leroi who has broken this news has also said there is a plan for a play at Brees, Romo, Cutler, or Cousins too...if that is true also, then no way we go QB at all with #10. I would think we would address the D or go after a big time WR prospect like Williams or Davis and look at a QB prospect (unless its Cousins who is younger than the other 3 and wont need to look at QB in this draft) maybe in the 2nd or 3rd.

Well Leroi who has broken this news has also said there is a plan for a play at Brees, Romo, Cutler, or Cousins too...if that is true also, then no way we go QB at all with #10. I would think we would address the D or go after a big time WR prospect like Williams or Davis and look at a QB prospect (unless its Cousins who is younger than the other 3 and wont need to look at QB in this draft) maybe in the 2nd or 3rd.

I stand by Trubisky though - he scans the field (progressions) makes the correct decisions, makes the throws and is accurate, & he is poised in the pocket although he sometimes he drops back a bit too far. Those are the big 3 Accuracy, Poise and good quick decision making...He also has enough arm and is mobile enough

You are literally the worst reader I have ever seen...I said if you take Watson AND ARE WRONG ON HIM it sets you back 5 years.

I agree with you man on not wanting to be the next Texans...token playoff team that backed in. But you and I just see things differently with Taylor. I think we can be a good team with Taylor if we can get another talented WR on the field as well as shore up our D by having our players on the field and healthy next year with some additions in the secondary. Not to mention a better coaching staff.

Think about that year before Rex...if we had this offense with that Defense we would have been a dangerous team, and that team won 9 games with that pathetic offense. We have most of the same players we did then...get the D back on track and this team can be a lot better than the Miami team was this year.

1. What part of this is confusing for you: If you miss on a QB you then have to find another and that QB will then take time to figure out if he is the guy or not...and if he is not then you go again. So if you miss on Watson, then you lose 2 years possibly 3 on him depending how badly you missed. Then you have to find a new QB, likely a rookie because good vets aren't normally available, and then you need to invest another 2 years in that rookie before he is either proven not to be the guy or had enough time to develop into the guy ready to lead the team.

I mean you can't be this dense that you can't understand basic english. I did not say you waste 5 years on just Watson...but goess what happens if you miss on Watson...you spend another 2 to 3 years finding and developing another QB...and guess what if you are wrong again...the cycle continues even longer.

2. And this point here PROVES exactly what I am saying. We were WRONG on EJ. Cost us 2 years of horrible play between EJ and the band aid of Orton. Then we had to try and find a new guy in year 3 or see if EJ could salvage his career. The new guy won the job, but you say he is terrible and wasted 2 more years on him. Which is my EXACT POINT again the you are making for me. You invest another 2 years into another QB until you know if he is the guy or not. If he is not, you again starting over in year FIVE, the very thing you WANT to do now because we MISSED on a reach in the EJ pick in a BAD DRAFT FOR QB's.

3. You think this team would look the same in 4 to 5 years? LMAO. One, players get older and play falls off or they retire. 4 to 5 year is an eternity in the NFL. And again, this discussion pertains to what happens when you miss on a QB...if the QB still stinks and the team isnt going anywhere, it makes it less enticing for the younger talented players to want to resign when they become a FA. Doesnt mean they wont, but it sure doesnt help. So while we have a roster that can contend now, there is no guarantees we still will if we go through another few years of QB futility.

I mean my god dude, you literally are making my case for me.

Lol okay dude.

We reached on EJ and he sucked, but we almost made the postseason with KO in his second year we found TT and are "close to contending," with him, in your words. So WTF are you talking about with this cycle garbage? What cycle are we in right now? If we draft Watson and he sucks, what is stopping us from finding a vet backup who can play somewhat decently again, like we did with Orton and TT, all while building the team up. Or drafting another QB to play like RG3 and Kirk Cousins? How radically different was the 2016 Bills from the 2013/2014 Bills? Gilmore, KW, Dareus, Brown, Hughes, Sammy, Woods, Goodwin, Glenn? All the cornerstones were still here. Your arguments are jibberish.

Your argument is that if your QB sucks, that means you have to draft another QB. Obviously that is the case, but who cares? That's what every team in the NFL does until they get one. What is your plan? Not make the postseason with a crappy QB instead of drafting one? How do you expect to ever find a franchise QB that way?

Spinning your BS that EJ "cost" us 5 years because we had to play TT and Orton is such ridiculousness, I don't believe you even know what you're saying anymore.

Edited by FireChan

I stand by Trubisky though - he scans the field (progressions) makes the correct decisions, makes the throws and is accurate, & he is poised in the pocket although he sometimes he drops back a bit too far. Those are the big 3 Accuracy, Poise and good quick decision making...He also has enough arm and is mobile enough

You know more about him then I do, so will defer to your opinion of him. But lots of talk of him being first QB off board, possibly to SF. I think the #1 overall pick will be Myles Garrett to Cleveland. And if Cle wants a QB, they should trade back a little for someone who covets either Allen or Garrett.

If I am Cleveland or SF, I don't know I can pass on Garrett and Allen in those top 2 slots for any QB in this draft. Just my 2 cents.

If we truly move on from Taylor without bringing in a vet, then I don't have a problem taking a QB at 10. But if we land Cousins, no way we take a QB before the 3rd or 4th round, if at all. If we land Brees I would think we would grab him one of those stud WRs or more defensive help. If we land Romo or Cutler, then QB is back in the picture at 10 as Romo is made of glass and Cutler is well Cutler.

Lol okay dude.

We reached on EJ and he sucked, but we almost made the postseason with KO in his second year we found TT and are "close to contending," with him, in your words. So WTF are you talking about with this cycle garbage? What cycle are we in right now? If we draft Watson and he sucks, what is stopping us from finding a vet backup who can play somewhat decently again, like we did with Orton and TT, all while building the team up. Or drafting another QB to play like RG3 and Kirk Cousins? How radically different was the 2016 Bills from the 2013/2014 Bills? Gilmore, KW, Dareus, Brown, Hughes, Sammy, Woods, Goodwin, Glenn? All the cornerstones were still here. Your arguments are jibberish.

Your argument is that if your QB sucks, that means you have to draft another QB. Obviously that is the case, but who cares? That's what every team in the NFL does until they get one. What is your plan? Not make the postseason with a crappy QB instead of drafting one? How do you expect to ever find a franchise QB that way?

Well those low level vets did NOT get us in the playoffs did they? And thats usually what happens when you bring in a scrub like Orton or gamble on an unproven QB like Taylor. Now I think more of Taylor than you as you say he is terrible. Still, Taylor was raw and needed time to play to either put it together enough or prove he is not the guy. Either way, we are in year 5 after drafting EJ, still no playoffs, our 3rd coaching staff, 4th OC, and looking at our 4th QB in 4 years. What about that is confusing for you?

How you can sit and argue that missing on a QB in your draft when you don't have any other options can set you back easily 4 to 5 years at least is beyond me as we are literally living it now. And you keep making my point over and over for me, and further make it with how bad you think Taylor is.

Im done with this.

Edited by Alphadawg7

You know more about him then I do, so will defer to your opinion of him. But lots of talk of him being first QB off board, possibly to SF. I think the #1 overall pick will be Myles Garrett to Cleveland. And if Cle wants a QB, they should trade back a little for someone who covets either Allen or Garrett.

If I am Cleveland or SF, I don't know I can pass on Garrett and Allen in those top 2 slots for any QB in this draft. Just my 2 cents.

I don't know a ton, but he looks like a QB, but is a risk due to limited sample size...He will be the first QB off the board and he won't get past #3 IMO...Garret is going #1, no way they pass on that talent

Ok, talk about over exaggerating things.

1. That was not an NFL defense. Geezus, this notion that college teams are as good or better than an NFL team are ridiculous. You realize the NFL is made of the best players from college and that the Alabama defense is made up players that mostly wont play in the NFL right? This myth needs to stop. If Alabama defense was an NFL defense how come a college team just beat them?

2. That last pass even EJ could make that throw. The WR was wide open...it was a great play call and defenders ran into each other leaving the WR wide open. Lets not pretend that only an NFL capable QB could make a 5 yard pass to a wide open and uncovered WR.

3. Beat them NFL style? You mean by simply lobbing up passes to blanketed receivers that his WR's made insane and highly difficult catches on? What about those throws were NFL? Several were not on target and the only reason the pass was completed were because of plays by Williams, Cain, and Legget.

Again...phenomenal game last night...amazing plays by lots of players, including Watson. Not taking anything away from the kid, but man the over exaggeration around him after one game is crazy right now. There is a reason he is still not even the clear best QB in this draft and most scouts have him around the 3rd QB prospect currently. Thats because he is actually not considered a strong passer at the next level. If he was, then he would be touted like a Luck or a Newton with his ability to also make plays with his legs.

Do you take medication?

I didn't say it was an NFL defense. However the majority of the players on that defense are going to play in the NFL, that was my implication in saying a future NFL defense. Because as a matter of fact I get your whole point with statement 1. I played college football (hold your horses) against guys who played in the NFL, since then I have coached guys who have made it to the NFL, I am well aware of the talent differences. I've heard NFL personnel men say the entire front 7 will get a shot at the league, Allen, Foster, Humphrey, Williams are all projected 1st round picks this year with Tomlinson, Jackson and Anderson projected to go in the subsiquent 3 rounds, so yes the majority of the defense will at the least get a shot to play in the NFL, not including guys like Fitzpatrick who will next year. The defense is made up of many guys who will play in the NFL, you realize that, right? That what makes what happened last night special.

Again, I'm not saying an NFL QB is the only one who could make those plays, your right the last one was a great call and the execution of it was "NFL style", that was in reference to Clemsons offense not just running college spread stuff, the Pats run that play, the Chargers used it on the Bills a couple years ago, as well as every other NFL team in the League at some point. Yes it was an easy throw.

Wholy good lord, talk about exaggerating things, I never mentioned the lobbing of passes to Williams continually or he and others making great plays (although lobbing it up does happen often in the NFL), effing a, I'm already married... I specifically stated they ran their normal spread college stuff, never mentioning your point #3.

My point was they ran some NFL stuff, particularly in the last :19 of the game, in particular the 2 plays I mentioned, one a scissors route combo, another a slant flat for the win, both are "NFL style" in that they are plays run and executed in the NFL, which they also were last night, which is a big part of the reason Clemson beat Alabama last night, the receivers for Clemson made great plays along the way to, no doubt.

The narrative of the board has nothing to do with what I said. Simply put; Watson executed at least a couple NFL passing concept in the last :19 of the game that I noticed. He is capable of it as demonstrated on those 2 plays against "the greatest defense in college football" (according to many others), with lots of NFL level talent.

Personally I have him as a 2nd round QB and would place him behind David Carr who I had the same rating coming into his draft right now, mostly because of his inconsistencies passing the ball throughout his career. He made himself a lot of money last night and NFL execs took notice against that defense, the majority of which will see an NFL field in some capacity. Saying that I could see him going in the top 5 of this draft, this type of momentum can be priceless and the list of misses that high in the draft is truely mind numbing, Watson has more to hang his hat on than say Akili Smith or mentally than Jamarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf.

If we truly move on from Taylor without bringing in a vet, then I don't have a problem taking a QB at 10. But if we land Cousins, no way we take a QB before the 3rd or 4th round, if at all. If we land Brees I would think we would grab him one of those stud WRs or more defensive help. If we land Romo or Cutler, then QB is back in the picture at 10 as Romo is made of glass and Cutler is well Cutler.

Well those low level vets did NOT get us in the playoffs did they? And thats usually what happens when you bring in a scrub like Orton or gamble on an unproven QB like Taylor. Now I think more of Taylor than you as you say he is terrible. Still, Taylor was raw and needed time to play to either put it together enough or prove he is not the guy. Either way, we are in year 5 after drafting EJ, still no playoffs, our 3rd coaching staff, 4th OC, and looking at our 4th QB in 4 years. What about that is confusing for you?

How you can sit and argue that missing on a QB in your draft when you don't have any other options can set you back easily 4 to 5 years at least is beyond me as we are literally living it now. And you keep making my point over and over for me, and further make it with how bad you think Taylor is.

Im done with this.

Bro, you are sitting here saying we didn't make the playoffs in 2014, 2015, and 2016 because EJM was picked in 2013. He played 4, 2 and 1 games in those 3 years. If that's truly your stance, I have nothing left to say. That's the most unreasonable take of all time.

Edited by FireChan

If the Skins can't sign Cousins and we do will we have to give up two first round picks for the signing?

I still think that Cousins will re-sign with the Skins but he and his agent are making it clear that he is not giving anyone a discount for his services. There are rumblings that the Washington organization won't be afraid to let him go because they will get a generous return from him and are willing to go with McCoy for the short run.

Edited by JohnC

FOLKS - every year the QBs get pushed up. It's a QB-starved league. Watson and Trubinsky are going 1-2, and if someone wants them at 10 they're going to have to pay a lot to go get 'em. No way Chicago, San Fran, the Jets, Cleveland come out of this draft without QBs. STOP DELUDING YOURSELVES THAT THEY'LL BE THERE AT 10. They never are, unless they're EJ Manuel...

or Dak Prescott