AFC playoff: Raiders at Houston

YoloinOhio

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucked for Raiders fans. The rookie didnt do that bad considering he was down his starting LT, had almost no practice reps the whole season, was expected to red shirt, was made to call 3 similar screen passes early on that one got picked, and facing the #1 defense in their house as his 1st start.

That sucked for Raiders fans. The rookie didnt do that bad considering he was down his starting LT, had almost no practice reps the whole season, was expected to red shirt, was made to call 3 similar screen passes early on that one got picked, and facing the #1 defense in their house as his 1st start.

No one cares. They can't see past what's happening on the screen. The odds were stacked high against him, but if people don't see a miracle, they think a guy sucks. Just the fact that Del Rio played him at all should tell you that they think he has lots of potential.

As Gruden said, the 3rd string QB gets NO reps during the season, so any chemistry and timing had to be developed in a week of practice. The drops when he did make nice throws were bad.

I hoped Cook would do better, but I haven't changed my mind about him as a prospect.

No one cares. They can't see past what's happening on the screen. The odds were stacked high against him, but if people don't see a miracle, they think a guy sucks. Just the fact that Del Rio played him at all should tell you that they think he has lots of potential.

As Gruden said, the 3rd string QB gets NO reps during the season, so any chemistry and timing had to be developed in a week of practice. The drops when he did make nice throws were bad.

I hoped Cook would do better, but I haven't changed my mind about him as a prospect.

kinda like C. Jones in the final game

So...Did that solidify Carr's MVP argument or what?

That team is worse than average without him... B-)

Not really, if they had an experienced backup (like a guy that had ever started a game in the NFL), it would have been a different team.

If say, Tyrod Taylor (or just about ANY other starter were in there), they would have mopped the floor with Texans. I don't think it was just that Carr wasn't there.

kinda like C. Jones in the final game

Kinda. But this was against the best defense, in the playoffs, on the road, without your all-pro LT.

WAY more pressure.

I have high hopes for Cardale, too.

To write off a guy's career because of that game is ridiculous.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Not really, if they had an experienced backup (like a guy that had ever started a game in the NFL), it would have been a different team.

If say, Tyrod Taylor (or just about ANY other starter were in there), they would have mopped the floor with Texans. I don't think it was just that Carr wasn't there.

They gave up 27 points to the Texans...That's why Carr is so important...He's elite...They went 12-3 with Carr as a starter despite having a bottom 7 Defense...Raiders opponents scored 24 or more points 11 out of their 17 games...The Texans only gave up 24 or more points 5 times...Carr is by far the determining factor in that teams success...They aren't mopping the floor with anyone unless they get elite QB play... B-)