The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

28 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

For clarity as to who's who in that picture: 

Fullsized image

Note, this is a picture of people vacationing together. Friends. The picture shared by Gary/Ben in the Russia thread of Trump/Nadler is one anyone can get with Trump at his events during the 2016 election. One is not like the other. The relationship between Trump/Nadler is non existent whereas the relationship between Bill and Nadler goes back decades. 

Be careful of programmed NPCs thinking they know what they're talking about. 

And, per the Mueller report, Nadler was working with both campaigns: 

Fullsized image

Someone is being pressured to flip. ;) 

For clarity and the record, that is NOT my boat in the background! 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

For clarity as to who's who in that picture: 

Fullsized image

Note, this is a picture of people vacationing together. Friends. The picture shared by Gary/Ben in the Russia thread of Trump/Nadler is one anyone can get with Trump at his events during the 2016 election. One is not like the other. The relationship between Trump/Nadler is non existent whereas the relationship between Bill and Nadler goes back decades. 

Be careful of programmed NPCs thinking they know what they're talking about. 

And, per the Mueller report, Nadler was working with both campaigns: 

Fullsized image

Someone is being pressured to flip. ;) 

is that a typo in the report? or are they talking about Ralph Nader?

of course you meant Nader.

Edited by Foxx

6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

that tweet has been removed and this one has been inserted in it's place:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1135655190592393216

seems he has a history. previously convicted in 2003

https://twitter.com/cernovich/status/1068184494979538944

What's interesting to me is he was indicted and under seal (possibly) while testifying to the SCO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GG said:

Regulators don't know what to do either.  In all these cases they will look to past examples, which obviously won't fit in the Internet age landscape.  My guess is that they will put in some kind of a Chinese wall between the social network plumbing and the advertising & sales departments.

Leave them alone, I say. If people don’t know what they’re getting into by this time, that’s their own fault. Off the top of my head maybe  the best example is how big tobacco was treated. People still smoke. Maybe the FTC should go through the process to shed sunlight on their operations a bit, but that’s about it.  Even then, that’s going pretty far. 

10 hours ago, snafu said:

Leave them alone, I say. If people don’t know what they’re getting into by this time, that’s their own fault. Off the top of my head maybe  the best example is how big tobacco was treated. People still smoke. Maybe the FTC should go through the process to shed sunlight on their operations a bit, but that’s about it.  Even then, that’s going pretty far. 

I'm torn on this because it's taking anti-trust into uncharted territories.   My standard for enforcing anti-trust is when there's clear consumer harm.  There are many valid cases for natural monopolies to exist, and as long as the companies don't abuse their monopoly status, they should be left alone.

The major techs aren't like traditional industrials, because consumers do benefit in direct transactions from their large size.    You wouldn't get free 2-day shipping if Amazon is broken up.  How would you benefit if there were two Facebooks doing the exact thing?

My focus wouldn't be on anti-trust grounds but on corporate behavior.  How are the companies using the vast personal data that they collect?  Are they allowed to sell all of it?  Are the TOS clear and do the companies skirt the TOS to drive more revenues.    My guess on these questions is that do not behave ethically and are probably breaking some privacy laws.   If needed, new laws should be considered because we never had situations where 3rd parties had access to mountains of personal data that individuals did not know were given up or permitted through small print.   If banks engaged in this behavior, there'd be rightful indignation and multiple hearings leading to sanctions.   The techs somehow get away with providing far less disclosures in their financial filings than most industries they now compete with.

That's where my focus would be.   Don't break them up, but air out their financials.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Hmmmm, right as our President is in Great Britain.....................................Coincidence ?

Yup, of course, merely a coincidence. ? 

Now let's see if the guy lies, or is at least semi-honest. 

• Like (+1) 2