The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

Why Richard Grenell As Director Of National Intelligence Is A Loss For The Deep State

by Ben Weingarten

Original Article

President Donald Trump’s pick of U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell for acting director of national intelligence (DNI) is an inspired one of great symbolic and substantive significance. In staffing another crucial position in the executive branch with someone who genuinely shares his worldview, instincts, and tenacity, President Trump is signaling to the Trump-haters of the administrative state, and its Deep State apotheosis, that those who reject or actively seek to undermine his America First agenda will no longer be welcome in meaningful positions.

This is no minor statement because the establishmentarian Resistance, knowing that personnel is policy, has sought to stymie the president’s agenda by seeking to undermine if not destroy like-minded individuals the president has considered for top-level posts.

{snip}

The level of hatred is commensurate with the merit of the pick. It is a feather in Grenell’s cap, and only further validates the wisdom of the president’s decision.

For the animus merely reflects that the president’s foes recognize his elevation of Grenell to acting DNI means a real challenge to many in the senior ranks of the intelligence community (IC) who have proven hostile to the president, rather than faithfully serving him. The attempt to portray the ambassador as some kind of toady betrays the fact the critics’ real fear is the president being served by those truly devoted to his agenda—that is, that he be afforded the same privileges as every other president.

Grenell will no doubt have his work cut out for him in overseeing some who will seek to undercut him to protect their turf from an executive they believe has infringed upon it. But Grenell’s experience both in navigating a hostile UN, and grappling with the seminal national security and foreign policy issues of our time in the face of a recalcitrant German government, will no doubt serve him well.

More at the link:

• Like (+1) 2

They’re trying the “two birds, one stone” gambit — 

https://mobile.twitter.com/themarketswork/status/1230979178423390208

Q: Who meddled more in 2016? Our own IC or the Russians? 

A: Our own IC

Theyll do it again in 2020 unless examples are made. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Timcast/status/1230959029184344065

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/18/2020 at 12:21 PM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I have to say here that while Weinstein is a dirtbag of Hollywoodian proportions, no one involved in this walks out with their hands clean.  The defense team marketed the $$$$ out of this trial, the prosecution did the same, the victims have to balance accusations and what appears to be consenual activity, the seedy underbelly of the casting couch phenomenon is an issue, now you have a member of the jury reading and reviewing books dealing with predatory behavior.  What a cluster$#!$. 

I don't think he walks simply because, well, he sure looks the part of a predator, but I would not be surprised in the least if he did. 

Jurors in Harvey Weinstein rape trial suggest they're deadlocked on most serious charges

I'm guessing the jury believes only one of the victims were raped/sodomized, and can't decide if he raped Annabella Sciorra ~25ish years ago. They need to find that two of the three incidents happened to convict on the Predatory Sexual Assault.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Jurors in Harvey Weinstein rape trial suggest they're deadlocked on most serious charges

I'm guessing the jury believes only one of the victims were raped/sodomized, and can't decide if he raped Annabella Sciorra ~25ish years ago. They need to find that two of the three incidents happened to convict on the Predatory Sexual Assault.

My understanding is that he must have been found guilty on the three charges otherwise they wouldn't be hung on the aggravated charges which are two different degrees of rape.

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Seems like every one of Trump's appointees/hires eventually betray him in some form or fashion.

We'll see how long this one lasts.

Grenell is temporary/acting DNI. He'll be there a short while (which is why he didn't give up his other postings) to "clean house" and take the heat which comes with it. Then he'll step aside for the Senate approved DNI. That might be a few weeks or months. Think back to Whitaker's term as acting AG. I think that was three months, maybe a little less. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Grenell is temporary/acting DNI. He'll be there a short while (which is why he didn't give up his other postings) to "clean house" and take that heat which comes with it. Then he'll step aside for the Senate approved DNI. That might be a few weeks or months. Think back to Whitaker's term as acting AG. I think that was three months, maybe a little less. 

Oh, I understand the details. Just glib commentary.

But you gotta admit that Trump does burn through his own hires like nobody's business. 

Not really even a knock.(Well, maybe a little). He has the authority and the right to find people he believes advance the agenda he's pursuing. They all do it. Holder was Obama's guy through and through so the whole Barr thing is pure spin. But Trump MIGHT want to tinker with the administration's HR department.

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

My understanding is that he must have been found guilty on the three charges otherwise they wouldn't be hung on the aggravated charges which are two different degrees of rape.

No, they're hung on the predatory sexual assaults, which require that they find he committed acts against two different victims. That's why Annabella Sciorra was so important to the prosecution: She is a potential act against a 2nd victim, if the jury doesn't believe one of the other complainants.

I'm guessing they've already found him guilty of either Rape 1st or Criminal Sexual Act (formerly Sod.omy) 1st, but not both. The Rape 3rd is largely irrelevant.

Edit: Sod.omy is ***** censored?

Edited by Koko78
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Oh, I understand the details. Just glib commentary.

But you gotta admit that Trump does burn through his own hires like nobody's business. 

Not really even a knock.(Well, maybe a little). He has the authority and the right to find people he believes advance the agenda he's pursuing. They all do it. Holder was Obama's guy through and through so the whole Barr thing is pure spin. But Trump MIGHT want to tinker with the administration's HR department.

The pool of candidates that haven't been beholden to the Democrats or the Anti-Trump Republicans is very small. So he has to sift through all these DC professionals to fill positions, and most of them know that working for him will likely kill their DC careers post-Trump. Not exactly the best conditions to find good, LOYAL, staff.

And when they are fired, what would you expect them to do but throw Trump under the bus in an attempt to get back into good standing with The Swamp?

Good help is hard to find.

P.S. You'll never laugh as hard as me, LSHMEAB.

Edited by 32ABBA
  • Haha (+1) 1

I guess I will put this here..........

THE GROWING DESPERATION OF OUR RULING CLASS:

The Lost 110 Words of Our Constitution.  A friend on Facebook comments:

Well, here’s a Georgetown Law professor and national-security eminence speculating openly upon mechanisms for stripping conservative states of self-governance. In brief, the Fourteenth Amendment provides for reduction in representation for states that unjustly restrict the franchise; the received wisdom on the left is that voter-ID laws and comparable measures qualify; therefore states with them should have their national representation in the Congress reduced.

Set aside the empirical weakness of the case: specifically that voter-ID laws and the like have not appeared to suppress voting by anyone in any meaningful way, as the turnout numbers of the past decade amply demonstrate. Focus instead on the intent, which is that Acela-Corridor types are growing increasingly creative — and overt — in their efforts to find means of retaining and extending their rule over the rest of us.

If that means casting themselves in the role of Parliament and Crown c.1775, so be it.

Want to start a legit civiil war? Go down this path.

A violent response to such an effort would be entirely justified.

I doubt, however, that it will ever be tried, for exactly that reason.

• Like (+1) 1

the dichotomy here is very clear.

"Though intelligence officials have disputed that the officer who delivered the main briefing said Russia was actively aiding the president's re-election, people in the room said that intelligence officers' responses to law makers follow-up questions made clear that Russia was trying to get Mr. Trump re-elected."

so...."intelligence officials" have, apparently,  clearly disputed the claims that the officer who delivered the briefing made any such statements stating that Russia was aiding the president's campaign, isn't enough to dissuade the lawmakers contentions that follow-up questions could not have proved anything of the sort.

clearly Adam Schiffty was the lawmaker in question here. 

ERbsHuhW4AInRRY?format=png&name=900x900

every word before the "comma" negates everything after it.

https://twitter.com/hughhewitt/status/1231694271608229898

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 3

On 2/21/2020 at 6:02 PM, Koko78 said:

Weinstein Guilty of 2/5 charges.

Called it. Here is the sentencing options for Criminal Sexual Act 1st:

The sentencing possibilities are:

A Determinate Sentence of imprisonment is mandatory. The term must be in whole or half years between 5 and 25 years. The Determinate Sentence shall include, as a part thereof, an additional period of Post-Release Supervision of between 5 and 20 years.

He will serve 6/7ths of whatever his determinate sentence is before being eligible to be released on his 'good time' date.

Edit: Clarified that the sentencing range was for the top charge. Rape 3rd is up to 4 years determinate with 10 years Post-Release Supervision.

Edited by Koko78
  • Thank you (+1) 3

MORE:

HARVEY WEINSTEIN FOUND GUILTY OF RAPE IN LANDMARK #METOO-ERA CASE:

The jury in New York convicted Weinstein, 67, of third-degree rape against former aspiring actress Jessica Mann, as well as a count of criminal sexual act in the first-degree against former production assistant Mimi Haley. But the jury found him not guilty on the two most serious counts, predatory sexual assault, as well as a count of first-degree rape against Mann.

“And a reminder that Harvey Weinstein has been indicted on four counts of felony sexual assault in Los Angeles. He faces those charges next,” Yashar Ali tweets.

• Like (+1) 1