The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

24 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What specific "deep state stuff" reminds you of OJ's murder defense?

The part where the "guilty" man goes free because of that whole unfair and unAmerican 'lack of proof'/'innocent unless proven guilty' thing.

Edited by Koko78
  • Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This deep State stuff reminds me a lot of OJ's murder defense. The set up, corrupt cops, planted evidence, and lots of untied threads. 

OJ was not guilty! Right? 

Given your deep commitment to your political points of view, your disappointment in the outcome of the lengthy Mueller investigation is easy to understand.  It's like wide right.  It's gonna hurt for a while - years.  Yeah maybe everyone here should be a bit more understanding of your butt hurting.  It's not nice to kick a guy when he's down. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

This deep State stuff reminds me a lot of OJ's murder defense. The set up, corrupt cops, planted evidence, and lots of untied threads. 

OJ was not guilty! Right? 

do you really want to die on this hill?

36 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Lol, well, not guilty, so he didn't do it, right? 

In this country that’s correct. He didn’t do it. I’d think someone as committed to lefties ideology you’d understand this basic principle of our justice system. When a not guilty verdict is rendered the defendant walks out of the court room that second, totally exonerated and they can never be tried again.

48 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

6.4 quake a few hours outside LA (felt it here): 

data=9CqHYoWY0UnhqGTYqB1Ue0xLXJeOsu3yKjGkS_m985zYIF6Zvt19ZFGSWG_JVXBYIwSJBdt-h5mAbmH9XZwiU4x9l6aO_hNd0RPSTl0_U5Y4j982ZTsYazXNf5BeXcBH1Ct6oL8y-c-TLC8YzyWBtoS5WPeMH7fhQ4Pvy_RLiMwL0M4RaJEHVqiDsmiBHDz0pbK2lVOe32vzFr8bfCHKvYO420mkkyIuHUk?scale=1&h=192&w=630

Just for fun -- that's almost a bulls eye on one of the bigger (alleged) DUMBs in CA: 

Fullsized image

underground Iranian nuke test?

Britain seizes an Iranian oil tanker near Gibraltar. IRG saying they will seize a British ship in retaliation unless Britain releases theirs.

Iran threatens British shipping in retaliation for tanker seizure

... “If Britain does not release the Iranian oil tanker, it is the authorities’ duty to seize a British oil tanker,” Mohsen Rezai said on Twitter.

The Gibraltar government said the crew on board the supertanker Grace 1 were being interviewed as witnesses, not criminal suspects, in an effort to establish the nature of the cargo and its ultimate destination.

U.S. President Donald Trump, while not specifically mentioning the supertanker incident, repeated a warning to Tehran: “We’ll see what happens with Iran. Iran has to be very, very careful,” he told reporters at the White House.

British Royal Marines boarded the ship off the coast of the British territory on Thursday and seized it over accusations it was breaking sanctions by taking oil to Syria. They landed a helicopter on the moving vessel in pitch darkness. ...
Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, TtownBillsFan said:

Perhaps I should ask, but ditto.

I found it interesting because of the very nature of what the patent applications were for. Very out of this world type of stuff. I'm equally amazed that anyone would not find these to be interesting.  :beer:

And, yes, you can find patent applications for all sorts of crazy things.

• Like (+1) 2

Never had to evacuate a movie theater before, that was a fun time tonight when the shaking started. Low and slow here in LA, nothing damaging. But China Lake is having a rough 48 hours - I'm watching 5.0 aftershocks hit while the geologists are briefing the news (as I am typing this post).

Is it too early to come back for Training Camp? 

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Hedge said:

I found it interesting because of the very nature of what the patent applications were for. Very out of this world type of stuff. I'm equally amazed that anyone would not find these to be interesting.  :beer:

And, yes, you can find patent applications for all sorts of crazy things.

Thank you. “He” made stuff up and submitted it. Anyone could do that. JK Rowling could submit a magic broom patent application tomorrow. This is just nonsense. 

I understand how applications like this fuel magic thinking. I like Star Trek too.

Edited by BeginnersMind

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

Thank you. “He” made stuff up and submitted it. Anyone could do that. JK Rowling could submit a magic broom patent application tomorrow. This is just nonsense. 

I understand how applications like this fuel magic thinking. I like Star Trek too.

John Q, though

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Never had to evacuate a movie theater before, that was a fun time tonight when the shaking started. Low and slow here in LA, nothing damaging. But China Lake is having a rough 48 hours - I'm watching 5.0 aftershocks hit while the geologists are briefing the news (as I am typing this post).

Glad you are OK.  ? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

The USPTO has some standards.  Rowling couldn't submit a magic broom patent, for example, because "magic" isn't patentable.  She'd have to describe how it works.

At least one of those patents from Hedge's link shouldn't have been awarded, as it was a perpetual motion machine.

10 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Not if you want a good seat.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

The USPTO has some standards.  Rowling couldn't submit a magic broom patent, for example, because "magic" isn't patentable.  She'd have to describe how it works.

You’re wrong. 

You can submit a patent application for anything including magic. 

Which is why the magical thinkers here find this so exciting. 

Edited by BeginnersMind