The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

She is a kook, and the "missing" $21 trillion isn't "missing."  It's a slew of offsetting bookkeeping adjustments.

Imagine a world where a bartender tries to explain accrual accounting 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

Imagine a world where a bartender tries to explain accrual accounting 

It's perfectly understandable.  Normal people would understand the analogy of credits as "beer," and debits as "piss," and know they have to balance out.

But as a bartender, she's probably served so much Coors Light that she sees "beer" and "piss" as the same thing.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's perfectly understandable.  Normal people would understand the analogy of credits as "beer," and debits as "piss," and know they have to balance out.

But as a bartender, she's probably served so much Coors Light that she sees "beer"  Coors Light and "piss" as the same thing.

FIFY, and I see Coors Light in the same way.

28 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

She is a kook, and the "missing" $21 trillion isn't "missing."  It's a slew of offsetting bookkeeping adjustments.

Yes, we've gone over this. Just pointing out the acceptance in one thread vs the other.

though the bit about transferring public assets to private accounts is intriguing...

Edited by TPS

8 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

FIFY, and I see Coors Light in the same way.

I once tried to convince a DA that Bud Light was not actually alcohol. Would have worked too, except the part where my client was giving it to underage girls in his apartment...

• Haha (+1) 1

Senior Trump official pens anonymous essay saying ‘wasteful government agencies’ are BETTER OFF without furloughed workers who are lazy and unaccountable – and should never be allowed back. 

“For government employees seeking to implement the president’s policy priorities, the person claimed their time is often wasted preventing so-called deep state actors from derailing the administration’s political agenda.”

Let a government shutdown produce a net reduction in government employment and we’ll never see one again.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Seriously...Benghazi, let it ***** go already. 

***** happens in war zones, particularly when your nearest practical response is several hours away and you've set up your C3 to filter up and down a complex executive chain out of theater.  It was stupidity, and stupidity of an entirely normal and unexceptional type.  It wasn't criminal.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

***** happens in war zones, particularly when your nearest practical response is several hours away and you've set up your C3 to filter up and down a complex executive chain out of theater.  It was stupidity, and stupidity of an entirely normal and unexceptional type.  It wasn't criminal.

The gun running program into Syria might have been.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

The gun running program into Syria might have been.

Probably not.  People like to think it is, because of Iran-Contra...but Iran-Contra was illegal specifically because it was structured to bypass an act of Congress forbidding the arming and financing of the Contras.  This is more like giving Stinger missiles to the Afghan Mujahiddeen.  It may have been bad policy...but there's nothing actually illegal about arming insurgents in a conflict.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Probably not.  People like to think it is, because of Iran-Contra...but Iran-Contra was illegal specifically because it was structured to bypass an act of Congress forbidding the arming and financing of the Contras.  This is more like giving Stinger missiles to the Afghan Mujahiddeen.  It may have been bad policy...but there's nothing actually illegal about arming insurgents in a conflict.

But when you leave an American Ambassador to die in order to keep the operation a secret, it crosses the threshold into something else entirely. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I agree with this, though I felt it was entirely fair to hammer Obama Inc for the false propaganda story they manufactured after the event. He was way better at spreading disinformation than the Russians. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I agree with this, though I felt it was entirely fair to hammer Obama Inc for the false propaganda story they manufactured after the event. He was way better at spreading disinformation than the Russians. 

Absolutely.  He deserved to get ***** for that YouTube lie.

Doesn't really require a criminal investigation, though.

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

But when you leave an American Ambassador to die in order to keep the operation a secret, it crosses the threshold into something else entirely. 

18 minutes ago, DC Tom said: