Tyrod scores more TD's per game than Flacco/Tannehill & more

pbanach

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only has Buffalo's offense ranked top 10 in 2015 &16 in offensive touchdowns scored per game, but Tyrod Taylor is also finding the endzone more than some "franchise guys".

http://nysportsbiz.com/2017/01/03/since-2015-tyrod-taylor-is-averaging-more-tds-per-game-than-flacco-tannehill-others/

Bust. Sign Tebow.

Not only has Buffalo's offense ranked top 10 in 2015 &16 in offensive touchdowns scored per game, but Tyrod Taylor is also finding the endzone more than some "franchise guys".

http://nysportsbiz.com/2017/01/03/since-2015-tyrod-taylor-is-averaging-more-tds-per-game-than-flacco-tannehill-others/

I continue to marvel at how people hold this statistic out as a way to suggest that there are not serious problems with the Bill's offense. This offense could not impose its will on any defense at times when they could have won the game. It's that simple. Many of the points they scored were in garbage time. This offense and Tyrod consistently fail to win games when they are behind and have the ball in their hands and can do so.

Look at the W-L record, look at how the team plays from behind, look what they can do when the running game is taken away.

I continue to marvel at how people hold this statistic out as a way to suggest that there are not serious problems with the Bill's offense. This offense could not impose its will on any defense at times when they could have won the game. It's that simple. Many of the points they scored were in garbage time. This offense and Tyrod consistently fail to win games when they are behind and have the ball in their hands and can do so.

Look at the W-L record, look at how the team plays from behind, look what they can do when the running game is taken away.

don't all teams have garbage time? so it would be equal right?

The Bills have not only scored more PPG than the Dols, but they've also allowed fewer PPG than them. And they're going to the playoffs. :censored:

Tells you they have won more close games than the Bills. Hell didn't they beat the Bills twice by less than 7 points?

The Bills have not only scored more PPG than the Dols, but they've also allowed fewer PPG than them. And they're going to the playoffs. :censored:

The Dolphins took advantage of their "once in a blue moon" 4-2 divisional record. They build on it and won some close games. The Bills finished 4-2 in division last year and totally wasted their chance to make the playoffs with that kind of divisional record. I also said it before their game vs. LA. They got the break of the season to be the opponent for Goff's first start.

The Bills would be the dumbest team ever to ditch Tyrod for 2017.

And I continue to marvel at how people continue to ignore our pourous defense which couldnt hold a 24-9 lead vs the Raiders amongst others.

Would also love to hear your definition of garbage time. Is that the start of the game, the first quarter, or the start of the second?

Edited by TANK2

I like Tyrod. I don't like Tyrod for the price tag on his current deal. If he is willing to sign for less, it's a no brainer. He was by no way, the reason we missed the playoffs. That falls solely on the shoulders of the defense and Carpenter. In order for Tyrod to be paid like a top tier QB I would need to see much more in the areas of: Reading a defense and getting rid of the ball quicker; Two minute offense that actually shows some urgency (why isn't he calling the plays in the hurry up offense?); Have the balls to throw into coverage and letting our guys make plays (Sammy), Some form of leadership (sitting idly by and showing no emotion at all is not what I want from my QB, I want a guy who pumps guys up, holds them accountable, and takes ownership of the offense and team). To me, that's worth $20+M a year, not a guy who we are just hoping doesn't turn it over.

Edited by Mark80

I like Tyrod. I don't like Tyrod for the price tag on his current deal. If he is willing to sign for less, it's a no brainer. He was by no way, the reason we missed the playoffs. That falls solely on the shoulders of the defense and Carpenter. In order for Tyrod to be paid like a top tier QB I would need to see much more in the areas of: Reading a defense and getting rid of the ball quicker; Two minute offense that actually shows some urgency (why isn't he calling the plays in the hurry up offense?); Have the balls to throw into coverage and letting our guys make plays (Sammy), Some form of leadership (sitting idly by and showing no emotion at all is not what I want from my QB, I want a guy who pumps guys up, holds them accountable, and takes ownership of the offense and team). To me, that's worth $20+M a year, not a guy who we are just hoping doesn't turn it over.

Separate Taylor's 2017 salary from his cap hit. He gets paid $27MM (I think) in 2017 but his spread out cap hit is $15MM. That's pretty low for a starting QB.