Tyrod scores more TD's per game than Flacco/Tannehill & more

pbanach

I continue to marvel at how people hold this statistic out as a way to suggest that there are not serious problems with the Bill's offense. This offense could not impose its will on any defense at times when they could have won the game. It's that simple. Many of the points they scored were in garbage time. This offense and Tyrod consistently fail to win games when they are behind and have the ball in their hands and can do so.

Look at the W-L record, look at how the team plays from behind, look what they can do when the running game is taken away.

Yeah, I think people are deluding themselves. The bolded part is the key. Tight NFL games are won in the last 7 minutes, you gotta be able to score with your last possession.

The 2 minute offense was dreadful.

These are the trademarks of a good offense.

It wasn't a good offense.

Edited by HoF Watkins

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of tough to slump, or succeed for that matter, when you aren't even on the field, no?

Tyrod is a sixth-year guy. That is a fact. He is not a sophomore.

A slump between your fifth and sixth year in the league is a slump, but not a sophomore slump.

Just as it's not fair to say he should be performing as a sixth year guy, it's also not fair to say it's OK for him to be performing as a 2nd year guy. He ought to be somewhere in the middle and closer to sixth in pure smarts.

I thought up to this offseason he had a pretty decent chance to make it. I see him still suffering from the same problems. I no longer think he will ever become what we want him to be. I'd love to be wrong. But unless he re-negotiates, I don't think we'll see him in Buffalo next year.

Oh, it "only" costs you $10 mill after three? Are you using the word "only" with $10 million? Really?

And if $16 - $17 mill is a bargain for a starter, great, let's pick up Bortles and give him a new contract like that. Or Bradford or Cutler or Osweiler or Fitz. They're starters.

It's not a bargain for a starter, it's a bargain for a starter if you think he's got a good chance to develop into a top 10 or 12 guy. Otherwise you're probably hoping to give your guy a bridge QB contract, not a franchise QB contract.

Name one guy who's been paid in the nine figures and has played like Tyrod (roughly the 20th best QB in the league) and has lasted three or four years in a second or third contract. Guys like Osweiler, Fitz, and I'm betting Tyrod at this point, don't tend to last that long at salaries that high.

Alex Smith. His current contract has cap hits of 15.6M, 17.8M, 16.9M, and 20.6M. A couple years ago he had 0 TDs caught by WRs, and over the past 2 years Tyrod's stats have been equivalent or better in everything except passing yards and completion %.

Alex Smith. His current contract has cap hits of 15.6M, 17.8M, 16.9M, and 20.6M. A couple years ago he had 0 TDs caught by WRs, and over the past 2 years Tyrod's stats have been equivalent or better in everything except passing yards and completion %.

Alex Smith is absolutely NOT playing at 20th best in the league. He's playing better than Tyrod. And has done so consistently. He's arguably the best game manager in the league, but a guy who can rise up and be better than that when he has to be.

And he's playing better at passer rating, significantly better at YPA (18th vs. 26th). Oh, and 4th quarter comebacks and game-winning drives, 3 of each this year.

Edited by Thurman#1

Alex Smith is absolutely NOT playing at 20th best in the league. He's playing better than Tyrod. And has done so consistently. He's arguably the best game manager in the league, but a guy who can rise up and be better than that when he has to be.

And he's playing better at passer rating, significantly better at YPA (18th vs. 26th). Oh, and 4th quarter comebacks and game-winning drives, 3 of each this year.

Here are their stats for the past 2 years:

A. Smith: 6988 Pass Yards, 7.29 YPA, 35 Pass TD, 15 INT, 632 Rush Yards, 7 Rush TD, 2015 Passer Rating 95.4, 2016 Passer Rating 91.2

T. Taylor: 6058 Pass Yards, 7.42 YPA, 37 Pass TD, 12 INT, 1148 Rush Yards, 10 Rush TD, 2015 Passer Rating 99.4, 2016 Passer Rating 89.6

I bolded the winner in each stat.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Here are their stats for the past 2 years:

A. Smith: 6988 Pass Yards, 7.29 YPA, 35 Pass TD, 15 INT, 632 Rush Yards, 7 Rush TD, 2015 Passer Rating 95.4, 2016 Passer Rating 91.2

T. Taylor: 6058 Pass Yards, 7.42 YPA, 37 Pass TD, 12 INT, 1148 Rush Yards, 10 Rush TD, 2015 Passer Rating 99.4, 2016 Passer Rating 89.6

I bolded the winner in each stat.

And Smith has played 2 more games and is worse across the board in every figure minus passing yards.

Jimbo had a wayyyy better defense to play with. If thhe defense doesn't blow the lead that would give tyrod 2 in his 2nd season too

Jimbo had 2 GWD and 2 4th Q comebacks in his second season over 12 games.

Doesn't remind me of TT at all.

POW!! Theres the knockout!!

Well then. You would have cut Jim Kelly because he didnt show major improvement till year five.