Bill Cowher Mentioned

Silvercrw

You gotta wonder if sitting out for a decade has made cowher a dinosaur. I would have no faith that he could be a good coach after a 10-yr hiatus. Game may have passed him by.

hiring a couple of good coordinators takes care of it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta wonder if sitting out for a decade has made cowher a dinosaur. I would have no faith that he could be a good coach after a 10-yr hiatus. Game may have passed him by.

Except that Cowher's blueprint is still in place in Pittsburgh, and still effective. The concern would be how much have players changed since he last coached and can he relate to them, not how much has the game changed since then, IMO.

Remember, I informed everyone about the Bledsoe trade long before it happened, The Terell Owens signing and the original Bill Cowher visit. I am not saying he is being interviewed but that his name was being mentioned. Is he interested in coaching again? We do not know. Go bills!

Remember, I informed everyone about the Bledsoe trade long before it happened, The Terell Owens signing and the original Bill Cowher visit. I am not saying he is being interviewed but that his name was being mentioned. Is he interested in coaching again? We do not know. Go bills!

i think he could be considered for a role similar to what they are considering Coughlin for. Not HC. Call it a czar if you will but would have a real title. Edited by YoloinOhio

Thanks Silvercrw...no disrespect -- just a little fun. So when you say mentioned, do you mean at OBD in a serious conversation between the Pegulas, Whaley and Monos. Cowher spent a lot of time trashing Rex on air this year and loves Whaley. If that's the context -- I can see a mention but not really a serious interest in coaching or President of the Bills.

By the way, the love of Whaley comes from a conversation with him at the Lassiter Mill Starbucks in Raleigh about 3 years ago where the barrista and I (two Bills fans) were talking about the team when he came in and joined our conversation. Helluva nice guy. We both said -- just coach us please-- he laughed.

Yes, Cowher and Whaley both have their ties to Pittsburgh. To answer your question yes it was a serous conversation however they have tried to lure Bill into coaching before. Not sure if he is interested in coaching but it would be great if he would be :) go bills!

I talked to the Steelers people that I know over the weekend and they said they wouldn't consider him at this point (and they obviously love him). For one, they think that he has NO interest in coaching again. For 2 they said that the game is so different now they are not sure that his general philosophy will hold up. They clearly think that he is a good leader and a guy that can stabilize things but said that he may be better in some sort of consultant role at this point. The time and effort to coach an NFL team doesn't sound like something that he wants (and these people know him very, very well).

There should a pinned thread with mention of the names that are connected to this search. So far we would have:

Tom Coughlin, Frank Reich

Anthony Lynn, Gale Gilbert

Sean McDermott, Jim Tomsula

Teryl Austin, Rollo Tomasi

Bill Cowher, George Seifert

Colin Cowherd, Ted Sator

Harold Goodwin, Keyser Sose

Marquise Goodwin,

Dr. Stanley Goodspeed,

Feel free to add to the list-

Edited by RussellDopeland

There should a pinned thread with mention of the names that are connected to this search. So far we would have:

Colin Cowherd, Ted Sator

Marquise Goodwin,

Dr. Stanley Goodspeed,

Don't forget Ron Meyer. He has a winning record (54-50) with lots of AFC experience. Everybody says it's going to be the 80s again anyways...

Edited by dpberr

Colin Cowherd, Ted Sator

Marquise Goodwin,

Dr. Stanley Goodspeed,

I think Keyser Soze was named for QB, not Coach. I'm not a big ND guy so have no opinion on whether we should take him.

Not really newsworthy...Cowher and Gruden have been mentioned every off-season for close to 10 years now...these guys are not going back to 16 hour workdays and dealing with being a HC...they have great jobs and don't have to work very hard

Colin Cowherd, Ted Sator

Marquise Goodwin,

Dr. Stanley Goodspeed,

I heard Jim Kelly for GM on WGR from a caller, does that count? The reasoning was "because I think that he would be a great GM."

I think George Seifert was spotted at the airport

Not yet. Just had lunch with him yesterday. He's tired of hanging out at the same airport. If you want Seifert, you have to go to him now.

We should see what Barry Switzer is up to.