Lorax in 2017?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

@salsports

Bills LB Lorenzo Alexander tells me on our TV show that team and agent have had preliminary discussions about re-signing with club.

How would he fit in a 4-3?

He is good at shedding weight going from a DT to a LB; maybe he can shed more and be a strong safety? :rolleyes:

Good question. Lorax strikes me as a guy that can do a lot. He did play some ILB in Washington. We could see him in a lot of positions if our DC wants to utilize all of his talents. Of course, hoping that his age doesn't catch up to him too quickly.

perhaps he becomes ageless like James Harrison?

Have we given much thought to him playing WLB next year? Seems like his playing goal is 235 pounds which doesn't seem to suggest that he's looking to be a full-time pass rusher.

Base downs playing off-ball LB, rotational rusher on 3rd down & obvious passing situations?

I think it comes down to one of him or Zach Brown. I'd rather have Zach I think but what are they asking and which other FAs do the Bills like? Without the full picture it is hard to know.

Will people please stop with the special teams talk?

If we pay anything close to what he wants its for his pass rushing skills. He was the leading sack leader in the nfl when he was injured in special teams.

If you pay him, and he gives even close to the same production, you've got to believe this coaching staff won't make the same mistake.

@salsports

Re: Lorenzo Alexander, if he re-signs. Most likely Sam (off the ball) in 43, but often coming off edge for pass rush/3rd downs.

That's how I see it.

Another nice fit for McDermott, versatility and plus intangibles. I'll be shocked if we don't sign him