Lorax in 2017?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Great guy who stepped up and filled a need and did so spectacularly. I don't think the Bills can afford what his agent says he wants. If no other team bites, bring him back on a deal with a solid base, maybe $2 mil with incentives that could reach $4-$5mil for playing time, production. That's if he wants to come back to Buffalo. Half the teams would give him the deal I proposed.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

He has said he would prefer to stay in Buffalo and he's tired of moving his family around. But I think an incentive-laden deal is the right move as well. I don't think he will get 5 mill gtd anywhere at his age and with just one year of big production.

Agreed.

No way that any NFL team will give him that much.

Richie set the example -- taking a lot less than he could make elsewhere to stick around. That's the standard now for an aging vet. I could see something like a $3 million signing bonus and base salaries of $2 million per for two years plus incentives to get another $500,000-750,000 a year based on performance.

Let him walk. He wore down as the year went on. He will be a situational pass rusher. He will not be a staritng DE nor starting OLB. He is OLD. They can sign three guys in their twenties to pay LB and ST's for less than what he is asking. They have gaping holes in the secondary and need to spend their FA dollars at LB, DB, S, and WR.

Keep Gilmore and try to keep Z. Brown. I think Z. Brown will get overpaid elsewhere.