Bills Hire Sean McDermott as New Head Coach

Duke Williams adhered to the opposite of that motto.

I love the hire. If we can get McCoy it seems as though something special could be happening at OBD...first time since the 80's.

The switch back to a true 4-3 along with McDermott's belief in a more simple D should propel us way up in the rankings. Rex was pathetic and a choice that I was disgusted with it from the day he was hired. I like this hire: a former PA state champion wrestler so this man knows how to work. I also suspect he will hold these guys accountable which, I believe, was one of Rex's undoing (coupled with retaining a D that no longer works: he didn't change with the game).

For the first time in many off seasons, I am now looking forward to next year. All of the others I was only excited about simply being at a game for the camaraderie. I believe this is the day Whaley saved his job and the Bills will become relevant again. The last question (and it's a doozie):who will our QB be? I hope they retain and restructure TT (hurts to say that) unless they've got another card up their sleeve.

Let's go Buffalo!!!

To be fair, he tends to stick with the Jim Johnson 4-3, which is a 4-3 under. That said, I think it fits us well.

Johnson43_medium.jpg

Left to right on the D line: Hughes-Kyle-Dareus-Lawson

Norv Turner is rumored to be a candidate? I think I like that. Especially if we make a big splash on the QB market.

I was gonna suggest that. Since Brandon didn't get his big splash coach, where's it gonna come from? Big trade? Free Agency? He needs something to put butts in the seats, right? Matthew Stafford welcome to Buffalo!

Things McDermott will NOT say at the PC:

"Is this thing on? Because it's getting ready to be."

The word "BULLY."

"I never lost my swagger."

"I know we'll lead the league in defense."

technically he almost did lead the league in defense. almost lead the league in yards allowed!

Elway accelerating his plan to bring the Broncos to oblivion.

Right along with the 30 pro-bowlers hes drafted during his GM tenure

Kim is a very attractive lady.

Agree. Id pound her muffin with my egg roll and leave my duck sauce in her

I'm willing to get on board the McDermott train but if Taylor is not retained and a talented and/or experienced OC (either Lynn or Turner) is not hired then he's going to fail.

That's just reality.

Considering how similar Cam and Tyrods style of playing QB are, I could see McDermott keeping Tyrod. Whats up with Pegs handing out another 5 year deal? Does this MFer like to give away money? I thought 3 year deals were the norm for teams on the fringe of success or disaster.

@BuffaloBillsPR

.@buffalobills GM Doug Whaley:

C176WhMWgAA2v4e.jpg

@mikerodak

Statements from Terry Pegula, Sean McDermott and Doug Whaley on the hiring of McDermott... http://es.pn/2jxg8af

C176csdUsAIJ2ii.jpg

can you forward these to TBN since they don't get statements from the bills?

She's Korean, not Chinese. At least use the proper euphemisms.

The Bills forgot to mention the Panthers finished 23rd this year in defense and gave up 300 yards to Julio Jones. That should have been number 6. Now go ahead and tell me how horrible I am but think about this: MC had 6 years to build his 4-3 Def in Carolina and finished at 23rd. He now is tasked with taking a 3-4 DEF with some 4-3 players and rebuild it to be competitive. Gilmore is likely gone, Z.Brown has pretty much said his goodbyes, Alexander more than likely wont be back, A.Williams may retire. If you put your trust into Darby, Seymor, Roby and White, you are nuts. This team was just set back at least 1 year but more than likely may hit the 19 year mark without a playoff appearance. The only thing positive is M.McCoy coming, but more then likely he will go somewhere else. If McCoy chooses wisely and goes somewhere else, Rex, MC and the new coach in 2019 will be getting paid by Pegula.

The Bills forgot to mention the Panthers finished 23rd this year in defense and gave up 300 yards to Julio Jones. That should have been number 6. Now go ahead and tell me how horrible I am but think about this: MC had 6 years to build his 4-3 Def in Carolina and finished at 23rd. He now is tasked with taking a 3-4 DEF with some 4-3 players and rebuild it to be competitive. Gilmore is likely gone, Z.Brown has pretty much said his goodbyes, Alexander more than likely wont be back, A.Williams may retire. If you put your trust into Darby, Seymor, Roby and White, you are nuts. This team was just set back at least 1 year but more than likely may hit the 19 year mark without a playoff appearance. The only thing positive is M.McCoy coming, but more then likely he will go somewhere else. If McCoy chooses wisely and goes somewhere else, Rex, MC and the new coach in 2019 will be getting paid by Pegula.

Or we could wait for the results before getting our panties in a bunch? Eh?

Considering how similar Cam and Tyrods style of playing QB are, I could see McDermott keeping Tyrod. Whats up with Pegs handing out another 5 year deal? Does this MFer like to give away money? I thought 3 year deals were the norm for teams on the fringe of success or disaster.

Classy :thumbdown:

For as bad as Rex was if he had hired Schwartz he'd be preparing for a divisional playoff game this weekend.

McDermott needs to hire very good coordinators and find a way to get production out of his QB position.

So basically......he needs status quo on O and to not suck on defense and ST.

Pretty much. His stats arent very encouraging but Im willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt. You learn to do this when in real life no one gives you the benefit of the doubt and you prove them wrong. time after time after time after time...his coordinators were going to make or break him.....hope he chose wisely....its like picking the right record label to sign to.....that will make or break your career....Go BILLS...

Or we could wait for the results before getting our panties in a bunch? Eh?

You are probably right! I should look at the positive but I just don't see any here. You take a guy who has been to the playoffs, hire him, he goes .500 for two seasons, and then fire him. You replace him with a guy who has never been a HC, has a worse defense then the guy you just fired, and say he is great because he is a good wrestler. I also just read that article where MC has worked with Steelers coach Tomlin. Whaley has deep ties to the Steelers. 1+1 = Whaley was looking for a young coach because that is how his former employer did it and it worked, then talks to his guys in Pitt who recommend MC because Tomlin knows the guy. So maybe MC works out, but the Bills will not make the playoffs next year and possibly the year after. Also, the Pegulas are not going to be able to sell seats this year like they have in the past. No one is excited over this hire, just hopeful.

Things McDermott will NOT say at the PC:

"Is this thing on? Because it's getting ready to be."

The word "BULLY."

"I never lost my swagger."

"I know we'll lead the league in defense."

Or, being fully pregnant.