What you saw today is what we are without Tyrod.

dayman

Just for comparison it is also just like we are when Shady is not playing

Shady played.

How'd he look? :lol:

Tyrod facilitates much of the run game success.

Neither Tyrod or Shady is a 5.5 ypc back anywhere else in the NFL.

Of course you don't agree with Tyrod's value.......which is why you've said the Bills shouldn't trade Tyrod for less than a first and a second. :lol:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good take. They protected themselves today from being forced to pay the guaranteed money. Nothing more or less.

And improved their draft pick by 5 spots. How many years did we piss and moan about useless wins? Today was a tank job. Sitting Taylor was part of tanking.

Shady played.

How'd he look? :lol:

Tyrod facilitates much of the run game success.

Neither Tyrod or Shady is a 5.5 ypc back anywhere else in the NFL.

Of course you don't agree with Tyrod's value.......which is why you've said the Bills shouldn't trade Tyrod for less than a first and a second. :lol:

I think all of Bills running issues today were due to the QBs. Jets didn't even pretend to play pass defense. Tyrod definitely gives them another dimension, but i think the run game can be strong as long as they have a QB back there who can complete an NFL caliber throw. EJ was a sh!t show, and Cardale was marginally better, as long as his first read was open.

I think you are probably right, but you don't have to be. It is entirely possible Whaley sits back, evaluates everything together with a mind toward next year and keeps him.

Sitting him today was guaranteeing the option to cut him, not actually making the choice to cut him.

I think it is LIKELY that the reports that they decided to move on from Tyrod weeks ago are true.

There were some dark and frustrating moments.......particularly when neither Woods or Sammy were right.

But I also think it's likely that recent events have possibly compromised that decision.

If you are the GM and you are selling the owner on getting rid of the coach-picked QB for much of the season....and then you start seeing that may have been the wrong decision.......how indecisive does that make you look?

Yep. Ive been saying this for a long time. People want Tyrod gone. Ok. Hope you enjoyed today's game, cause expect about 10 or 11 of those the next 3 years

Just for comparison it is also just like we are when Shady is not playing

Bills run game looked pretty pedestrian today with shady as well. I made a point to you last week that Tyrod plays a huge role in the run game. You saw a prime example of that in the first quarter and a half of what tyrod does to defences in the run game

Edited by billsfan11

Yep. Ive been saying this for a long time. People want Tyrod gone. Ok. Hope you enjoyed today's game, cause expect about 10 or 11 of those the next 3 years

Bills run game looked pretty pedestrian today with shady as well. I made a point to you last week that Tyrod plays a huge role in the run game. You saw a prime example of that in the first quarter and a half of what tyrod does to defences in the run game

God forbid we're worse than 8-8.

God forbid we're worse than 8-8.

Why Qbs are just judged on purely wins and losses is mind boggling to me. Give the man a respectable defence that doesn't give up 250 rush yards a game, a field goal kicker who doesn't shank game winning kicks, and competent coaching, and you easily have 10-11 wins this year

There is not a better QB available in the NFL so TT has to stay and the drafting or development of Jones is the only way to proceed.

Impossible to get a QB in a trade who would be better than TT (think Bledsoe)

Sign him and coach the team to 10 wins like so many other teams do. Denver, is an example.

There is not a better QB available in the NFL so TT has to stay and the drafting or development of Jones is the only way to proceed.

Impossible to get a QB in a trade who would be better than TT (think Bledsoe)

Sign him and coach the team to 10 wins like so many other teams do. Denver, is an example.

If Bridgewater is ready to go next season, SAm Bradford might be...he played really well for the Vikings this year...set the NFL record for completion percentage at 71.6%...20 TD's 5 INT's, near 100 QB Rating...all with no running game in sight and a mostly dreadful O Line

Edited by matter2003

I think all of Bills running issues today were due to the QBs. Jets didn't even pretend to play pass defense. Tyrod definitely gives them another dimension, but i think the run game can be strong as long as they have a QB back there who can complete an NFL caliber throw. EJ was a **** show, and Cardale was marginally better, as long as his first read was open.

As I've said......if the Bills had anything more like a pocket passer teams would try to attack the LOS and stop the run on the way to the QB.

Doing that with TT leads to contain breaks and huge plays......like the long dropped-in-bucket TD pass to Sammy last week Tyrod made after breaking contain.

Yes, a really good passer could do some work in this offense.......like a 2.5 second ball-out-of-hand passer.

Those are scarce.

I'm ALL FOR aiming high.......but top 7 scoring offense looks good to me for now.

The trifecta of dynamic run threat........deep throw threat.......and the ability to stick sideline throws when the deep ball fear is leaving those open.......REALLY stretches defenses out which makes it very hard to keep them from scoring a few TD's every game.

As I've said......if the Bills had anything more like a pocket passer teams would try to attack the LOS and stop the run on the way to the QB.

Doing that with TT leads to contain breaks and huge plays......like the long dropped-in-bucket TD pass to Sammy last week Tyrod made after breaking contain.

Yes, a really good passer could do some work in this offense.......like a 2.5 second ball-out-of-hand passer.

Those are scarce.

I'm ALL FOR aiming high.......but top 7 scoring offense looks good to me for now.

The trifecta of dynamic run threat........deep throw threat.......and the ability to stick sideline throws when the deep ball fear is leaving those open.......REALLY stretches defenses out which makes it very hard to keep them from scoring a few TD's every game.

It was interesting to see the run game open up a bit more with Cardale in there. Jets were dialing up the pressure on the rook, but they didn't get stifled as bad as when EJ was in there. The point being that if there's a half way competent QB under center, Bills should still have an effective run game. Tough to evaluate with EJ back there.

But that's beside the point, as others are pointing out, unless something falls into Bills lap by March, they'd be stupid to part with TT.

Why would Tyrod be gone BEFORE a coach is hired?! Makes no sense at all.

Absolutely correct and I am not a TT fan. You have to let the new guy decide. If its Lynn (I hope it isnt) then dollars to doughnuts TT is back. I really have no idea what kind of defense Lynn runs so its more so throwing darts at a dart board.

I've posted this elsewhere. Owning two teams doesn't mean a damned thing. The Pegulas rely on others to run the day to day operations and I seriously doubt they have any involvement in significant decision making as it pertains to the product on the field. That said, Tyrod Taylor is as good as gone without a renegotiated contract. Let's be honest fans. They sat him because they didn't want to pay his $30m guarantee if he had gotten injured. It's not really all that complicated. Manuel had a chance to show his stuff and crapped himself on the field. He's done/gone. Life without Tyrod will be life without mediocracy. That's my reality.

You and I are on the same page.

I think all of Bills running issues today were due to the QBs. Jets didn't even pretend to play pass defense. Tyrod definitely gives them another dimension, but i think the run game can be strong as long as they have a QB back there who can complete an NFL caliber throw. EJ was a **** show, and Cardale was marginally better, as long as his first read was open.

Exactly. ANY qb who is a threat to use the dang weapons we have will help the run game. If you force the d to play honest you will see McCoy ans Gillislee do work. I firmly believe that.

It was interesting to see the run game open up a bit more with Cardale in there. Jets were dialing up the pressure on the rook, but they didn't get stifled as bad as when EJ was in there. The point being that if there's a half way competent QB under center, Bills should still have an effective run game. Tough to evaluate with EJ back there.

But that's beside the point, as others are pointing out, unless something falls into Bills lap by March, they'd be stupid to part with TT.

I didn't think the run opened up in particular........MG had a nice run on first handoff with Cardale which accounted for 1/4 of the days rushing total. :lol:

But they were mostly throwing so who is to say.

Yeah it would be stupid to part with TT. Cardale looked EXACTLY like he did in preseason.......nowhere NEAR ready. Sloppy.

I like him as a developmental prospect but he certainly isn't the answer next year and if they force it his potential is likely to turn into dust.

Give it up. Tyrod is gone. If he wasn't, he would have played today.

And Lynn is going to be the HC.

When that doesn't work, the HC, mystery QB, and DW will be gone.

That's the next event coming down the line in the evolution of this franchise.

Could be but shouldn't you be called More Pain coming?