Dolphins kicker may have illegally used QB ball for FG

bobobonators

sure sounds like he admitted to using the QB ball. But that no rule actually states that using a non kicker ball is illegal. Very odd. Oversight by the competition committee.

Odd indeed.

If it wasn't for the conspiracy and all the theories that go with it, this board would dry up and blow away.

Lmao

Maybe the ref screwed up but it's not a question of legality - or broken rules. It's not like the kicker brings his own ball out on the field and says I'll kick this one. The official is supposed to bring out a K ball (which he's supposed to get from the official K ball ball boy) when it's an obvious kicking play. If the ref screwed up he screwed up.

Are we looking for a conspiracy? Did the ball boy purposely slip the official a QB ball for the kick? Ball boys are employees of the home team. Did the Phish secretly plant a double agent ball boy in our midst? I can see the Pats* doing something like that. But the Phish? Come on man.

Maybe the ref screwed up but it's not a question of legality - or broken rules. It's not like the kicker brings his own ball out on the field and says I'll kick this one. The official is supposed to bring out a K ball (which he's supposed to get from the official K ball ball boy) when it's an obvious kicking play. If the ref screwed up he screwed up.

Are we looking for a conspiracy? Did the ball boy purposely slip the official a QB ball for the kick? Ball boys are employees of the home team. Did the Phish secretly plant a double agent ball boy in our midst? I can see the Pats* doing something like that. But the Phish? Come on man.

Just posting article.

Simple question?... Why isn't the same ball used for everything? I don't see Zach Britton bring in his own box of baseballs to the official or Lebron his foul shooting ball?

I believe there was a long history of kickers around the league prepping game balls for kicking. They would put them in the dryer, scuff them up and rub the footballs to break them in. A brand new ballistic just going to have a harder feel and unpredictable ball flight. The home team was in charge of the footballs and the " prepping" was getting out of hand as far as the League was concerned. Their answer was to have the officials make sure that only brand new " kicking " balls , marked with a K are used for kicking plays.

I believe there was a long history of kickers around the league prepping game balls for kicking. They would put them in the dryer, scuff them up and rub the footballs to break them in. A brand new ballistic just going to have a harder feel and unpredictable ball flight. The home team was in charge of the footballs and the " prepping" was getting out of hand as far as the League was concerned. Their answer was to have the officials make sure that only brand new " kicking " balls , marked with a K are used for kicking plays.

But this is the 21st century NFL!!! Nobody can possibly do that now.... ahh crap never mind.

I wonder if Ajayi was carrying the kicker's ball.

He had that same ball Tyrod uses with a "R" on it to tell him to run. That was part of the problem this year, coaches couldn't figure out when to use the "R" ball to run and "P" ball to pass. Sometimes this confused Tyrod and he ran out of time because he didn't know how to punt.

But this is the 21st century NFL!!! Nobody can possibly do that now.... ahh crap never mind.

He had that same ball Tyrod uses with a "R" on it to tell him to run. That was part of the problem this year, coaches couldn't figure out when to use the "R" ball to run and "P" ball to pass. Sometimes this confused Tyrod and he ran out of time because he didn't know how to punt.

Lol

I wonder if Ajayi was carrying the kicker's ball.

Haha