Deshaun Watson

Wagon Circler

Personally, I don't like Watson. But if the team WERE to Draft him, I would hate the idea of doing so in the 1st round. I don't think he is worth that kind of investment. However, just like E.J., if the BILLS do draft him, I will pull for the guy to be successful because he wears the Bills' colors. I'm hoping the Draft a QB in the 2nd round, using a 1st on a Safety or Defensive Lineman based on the value once the pick is there....but, I can also see the value in the Bills selling out for everything to get "their guy", even trading UP, if there is a QB they so wholeheartedly believe in to be the future of the Franchise. In other words, sell out for everything to get the face of the franchise, or wait until the 2nd round to get your QB.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: If you recall In my illuminating "Karlos is Key" thread.. I went on record as saying that his "off the field issues were the one thing that kept me up nights"

Had karlos stayed clean, he would have been a tremendous help... Perhaps even balanced-out Taylors limitations as a QB..

You also said that you wouldn't trade Karlos Williams for Zeke...

As a card carrying member of the COT I actually like Watson a lot....we NEED to improve our talent at the QB position.

I absolutely would draft the kid

To be fair, John you were also on the Ryan train until about three weeks ago... Nevertheless, If your interested, I'm recruiting for TEAM CARDALE.. and team FIRE DAVE LEE.. Hit me up, if you're interested.

crazy speed, nice height...free safety and let him pick balls off back there. though he does play some lb and is a decent tackler.

The problem is I don't think that he has 1 more interception than me in his college career. We have the same amount of forced fumbles and fumble recoveries. He is a great athlete but is he a great football player?

I recall you saying you'd take him over Zeke.

... And still would, IF things hadn't gone so badly for K. Williams... He was a beast of a runner... Watching Zeke hit holes big enough to fit a Zamboni makes me think -"WOW... What could Karlos have done with that"

to the guys saying we haven't groomed a qb in 20 years what are we doing with tyrod? we haven't asked him to do a lot, just manage the offense really and never really let him loose. i feel like he's been developing and people don't realize it. remember russ wilson wasn't asked to do much his first few years and only the past 2 season has he thrown for over 4k yards. before that it was pretty close to tyrod. now can tyrod take another step? maybe another year in the same offense...lynn...only giving him more and actually giving him a full season of healthy sammy.

The problem is I don't think that he has 1 more interception than me in his college career. We have the same amount of forced fumbles and fumble recoveries. He is a great athlete but is he a great football player?

i thought he had a lot more picks. maybe hooker from ohio state then?

You also said that you wouldn't trade Karlos Williams for Zeke...

And I was dead damn serious...

FTR, I don't think Zeke is anywhere NEAR as productive coming out of our backfield... McCoy is a special talent... He MAKES space where other backs simply FIND it... Perfect 1-2 punch when paired with K-Williams... Woulda been awesome...

to the guys saying we haven't groomed a qb in 20 years what are we doing with tyrod? we haven't asked him to do a lot, just manage the offense really and never really let him loose. i feel like he's been developing and people don't realize it. remember russ wilson wasn't asked to do much his first few years and only the past 2 season has he thrown for over 4k yards. before that it was pretty close to tyrod. now can tyrod take another step? maybe another year in the same offense...lynn...only giving him more and actually giving him a full season of healthy sammy.

He's staying in school (but I love him). Adams at LSU is my guy but doubt that he makes it to us. There are some really good safeties and corners in this draft though.

And I was dead damn serious...

FTR, I don't think Zeke is anywhere NEAR as productive coming out of our backfield... McCoy is a special talent... He MAKES space where other backs simply FIND it... Perfect 1-2 punch when paired with K-Williams... Woulda been awesome...

He is the highest graded blocking back that Scouts Inc. has ever graded. In addition, he has more catches, yards and yards per catch than Karlos Williams in his career. I'm not trying to argue but I am trying to figure out which metric you would use to make Karlos Williams a superior player to Zeke? I would bet if you polled the 300 or whatever personnel people in the NFL you would get 300 that would pick Zeke.

... And still would, IF things hadn't gone so badly for K. Williams... He was a beast of a runner... Watching Zeke hit holes big enough to fit a Zamboni makes me think -"WOW... What could Karlos have done with that"

Yea your problem is you still insist you were right even if all the evidence in hindsight suggests you were not. It is okay when you are picking the dark horse all the time to be wrong once in a while.

crazy speed, nice height...free safety and let him pick balls off back there. though he does play some lb and is a decent tackler.

he has good agility but does not have fast straight line speed. His coverage skills are not good and I can't see him covering NFL players. He is barely a mediocre safety and that's in college. Way small to play LB in the NFL. He played the viper position in college which has him off the edge a lot for TFL. His best position in the NFL is on offense and PR IMO. I might take him in the 4th as a project.

he has one INT and it was thrown right to him. Edited by YoloinOhio

To be fair, John you were also on the Ryan train until about three weeks ago... Nevertheless, If your interested, I'm recruiting for TEAM CARDALE.. and team FIRE DAVE LEE.. Hit me up, if you're interested.

The team quit on Rex....on the D side anyway. When the team quits on you you cannot replace 53 players that is not practical.....you have to replace the 1.

I was nervous after year 1....but when I saw the D lose ONE plaer (aaron williams) and slowly start to fall apart...you know that Rex D just could not survive in today's NFL.

When you contrast that with the O side of the ball that has been injured all year and still manufactures the 7th most points in the NFL.....that looks really bad on the defensive genious.

I will tell you what I will give the bills mgt credit for.....not waiting as long as the jets did to realize their mistake and move on. I had NO confidence this defense would be any better next year which is not air to the offense or to US as fans

The team quit on Rex....on the D side anyway. When the team quits on you you cannot replace 53 players that is not practical.....you have to replace the 1.

I was nervous after year 1....but when I saw the D lose ONE plaer (aaron williams) and slowly start to fall apart...you know that Rex D just could not survive in today's NFL.

When you contrast that with the O side of the ball that has been injured all year and still manufactures the 7th most points in the NFL.....that looks really bad on the defensive genious.

I will tell you what I will give the bills mgt credit for.....not waiting as long as the jets did to realize their mistake and move on. I had NO confidence this defense would be any better next year which is not air to the offense or to US as fans

This point is a great one, and not talked about enough.

He is the highest graded blocking back that Scouts Inc. has ever graded. In addition, he has more catches, yards and yards per catch than Karlos Williams in his career. I'm not trying to argue but I am trying to figure out which metric you would use to make Karlos Williams a superior player to Zeke? I would bet if you polled the 300 or whatever personnel people in the NFL you would get 300 that would pick Zeke.

At the time, I took him over Zeke because of where we drafted him, and his PROVEN production in the pro game... Zeke hadn't taken any NFL snaps yet, so the choice was clear... If anything made K a superior choice, (I never said he was a superior PLAYER)- It was his proven performance at the next level. -Especially in our system.

Yea your problem is you still insist you were right even if all the evidence in hindsight suggests you were not. It is okay when you are picking the dark horse all the time to be wrong once in a while.

Wait a minute Bill.. I said "Karlos is key"... I never said he was an angel.... And I certainly owned the high probability of off-the-field issues... We lost some close ones this year... Those Nine TD's could have come in handy. Karlos could have very well been "key" had fate not intervened... See "wide right"

Edited by #34fan

He's staying in school (but I love him). Adams at LSU is my guy but doubt that he makes it to us. There are some really good safeties and corners in this draft though.

i had the opportunity to go to bowl practice the week before Christmas. Hooker looked enormous. I think he got bigger/stronger since 11/26. Edited by YoloinOhio

I feel like this guy is the 800 lb. gorilla in the room.

All this talk of tanking. For what? We're not doing it to get a better offensive tackle.

It has to be to address the QB situation. To me, Watson has to be a serious consideration. Trubiskey is unlikely to be there when we pick.

I have liked Watson for a year. To me, he has many of the same qualities I liked about Prescott, only he's better!

The calmness in the pocket while he surveys the field, coupled with Tyrod athleticism, but bigger.

Is he a finished product? Not by any means. But there just aren't that many Andrew Luck's around.

I would like to draft him in the first and even play him.

Let us just say, like the Emperor to Annakin, "I will be watching his post-season with great interest"!

Serious comments are invited. Not the "No Thanks" Mr. Negativity posts.

I like him a lot, Wagon, but the naysayers seem to think he is Taylor 2.0.

I'd be enthused if we got him.