Deshaun Watson

Wagon Circler

So we are already writing off the guys coaching the QBs even though we don't know who those guys are? This is the "for the last 17 years" argument. If we hire McDaniels (as an example) are we to now assume that he can't develop QBs because Russ Brandon is the team president? Do you see where the logic doesn't work....

LOL! -Yah... Keep strokin' that four-leaf-clover that makes you think this FO will target anyone of that caliber :lol: ... We're lucky if someone even less competent than the Ryan's isn't here come February....

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! -Yah... Keep strokin' that four-leaf-clover that makes you think this FO will target anyone of that caliber :lol: ... We're lucky if someone even less competent than the Ryan's isn't here come February....

Not stroking any 4 leaf clovers, it's pretty simple. We don't know if a coach is good or bad until we know who the coach is. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Yea and we should have had him throwing to Brandon Kaufman. #34 would have had us in the playoffs years ago.

Don't forget Karlos over Zeke and McCoy.

Brad went to the Havard of the midwest and people STILL act like he's some kind of dummy. Unbelievable.

See, I have some big time doubts about him.

1) he has played in the same offense since high school. Is it smart enough to learn a new offense for the first time since high school at the NFL level? Maybe but that is a big step to take.

2) I'm always a little wary of the qbs that played with blue chip talent on offense. Looking back at Prescott, he single handedly made Miss St, a terrible program, good again. Watson throws to NFL players. That could mask some weaknesses.

3) his size. I've seen him listed at 6'2" (he's 6'3" on the Clemson website). He looks smaller than that. This matters. If Tyrod was bigger, we'd be 100% picking up bus option. He also looks like TI.

I like a lot of what Watson does and his play in big time games. But there are some things that worry big time about him. I'll never hate the Bills for going after a big qb prospect but I'd be nervous as hell.

this makes no sense to me. You propose never drafting another QB because the future coaches can't develop the QB? Live in the past much? I don't, so I just can't understand that frame of thought.

:lol: Ah, you great, big. silly man!

What I said was that, at this point, it makes no sense for this team to invest in a venture it hasn't been able to pull off in two decades... Not when there's already talent at QB going bad on the bench...

No amount of giddy, ignorant, wishful-thinking will off-set the "NO QB" pattern the organization is presently stuck in.

But keep it up... It's mildly entertaining.

Edited by #34fan

As a card carrying member of the COT I actually like Watson a lot....we NEED to improve our talent at the QB position.

I absolutely would draft the kid

As someone who respects the beliefs of the CoT but think they are a bit cult-ish, I think Watson is Tyrod 2.0 and might take time to get there.

But he would be a lot cheaper at first.

I like Watson, don't think he'll be there. If he is not sure you can pass on.

As to the Bills developing QBs, in their history I can think of three, Lamonica (worst trade ever), Ferguson and Kelly (can't count the Gamblers pop gun offense), so that's three. Take any other team use the same time period and name the QBs they developed, can't count veterans that were traded for.hard to come with any team that has more than three.

Edited by chris heff

3) his size. I've seen him listed at 6'2" (he's 6'3" on the Clemson website). He looks smaller than that. This matters. If Tyrod was bigger, we'd be 100% picking up bus option. He also looks like TI.

I like a lot of what Watson does and his play in big time games. But there are some things that worry big time about him. I'll never hate the Bills for going after a big qb prospect but I'd be nervous as hell.

I have some size thresholds that I like my guys to hit. As long as he comes in at 6'2" and 215 pounds, he'll be fine for me. He doesn't play small which helps with his projection.

I think he'll be asked to run less in the NFL so I'm less worried about him absorbing hits. He's proven fairly durable as is.

:lol: Ah, you great, big. silly man!

What I said was that, at this point, it makes no sense for this team to invest in a venture it hasn't been able to pull off in two decades... Not when there's already talent at QB going bad on the bench...

No amount of giddy, ignorant, wishful-thinking will off-set the "NO QB" pattern the organization is presently stuck in.

But keep it up... It's mildly entertaining.

Still doesn't make sense to me, nor do your odd responses and name calling. Be well.

Don't forget Karlos over Zeke and McCoy.

Brad went to the Havard of the midwest and people STILL act like he's some kind of dummy. Unbelievable.

:lol: If you recall In my illuminating "Karlos is Key" thread.. I went on record as saying that his "off the field issues were the one thing that kept me up nights"

Had karlos stayed clean, he would have been a tremendous help... Perhaps even balanced-out Taylors limitations as a QB..

I have some size thresholds that I like my guys to hit. As long as he comes in at 6'2" and 215 pounds, he'll be fine for me. He doesn't play small which helps with his projection.

I think he'll be asked to run less in the NFL so I'm less worried about him absorbing hits. He's proven fairly durable as is.

Yeah, unless you are a freak like Russell Wilson or Drew Brees, 6'2" seems to be the cutoff (also 6'6" seems to be the ceiling on the opposite way).

Personally, I don't think he's 6'2" or 215 lbs. but we'll see at the combine. If he does hit those markers, he goes up in my book.

I like Watson, don't think he'll be there. If he is not sure you can pass on.

As to the Bills developing QBs, in their history I can think of three, Lamonica (worst trade ever), Ferguson and Kelly (can't count the Gamblers pop gun offense), so that's three. Take any other team use the same time period and name the QBs they developed, can't count veterans that were traded for.hard to come with any team that has more than three.

This is a good point. The Bills have been pathetic at developing qbs. If the Bills draft a guy this year, let's not get the UB OC to be his rookie year OC and Qb coach again. Embarrassing.

Yeah, unless you are a freak like Russell Wilson or Drew Brees, 6'2" seems to be the cutoff (also 6'6" seems to be the ceiling on the opposite way).

Personally, I don't think he's 6'2" or 215 lbs. but we'll see at the combine. If he does hit those markers, he goes up in my book.

For comparison's sake, Teddy Bridgewater came in at 6'2", 214 at the Combine. He got a pass due to weight loss mid-season due to a dental complication.

I think he'll be close to that. As long as he doesn't compound coming in short/light with tiny hands, I doubt it'll put most teams off him.

Still doesn't make sense to me, nor do your odd responses and name calling. Be well.

:lol: It's much more of an "observation" than an insult, Yolo.

Thinking this organization will suddenly target a top coach, draft a stud QB, and DEVELOP that stud QB into something that has us the playoffs every year, is right up there with "Is this thing on...Because it's about to be".

So we are already writing off the guys coaching the QBs even though we don't know who those guys are? This is the "for the last 17 years" argument. If we hire McDaniels (as an example) are we to now assume that he can't develop QBs because Russ Brandon is the team president? Do you see where the logic doesn't work....

Good point. Can't argue with the logic! Therefore you will have lots of arguments on this board. :doh:

For comparison's sake, Teddy Bridgewater came in at 6'2", 214 at the Combine. He got a pass due to weight loss mid-season due to a dental complication.

I think he'll be close to that. As long as he doesn't compound coming in short/light with tiny hands, I doubt it'll put most teams off him.

Any concerns about him playing in the same offense since high school?

:lol: If you recall In my illuminating "Karlos is Key" thread.. I went on record as saying that his "off the field issues were the one thing that kept me up nights"

Had karlos stayed clean, he would have been a tremendous help... Perhaps even balanced-out Taylors limitations as a QB..

I recall you saying you'd take him over Zeke. Opinions like that tend to stick out.