Tyrod Not Speaking to Media Today or on Locker Cleanout Day

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't get why Tyrod is so pissed off. Was he hoping to get hurt so he bank his big check?

NFL players normally get one shot at one big contract.

He was given his shot.

He failed. Miserably.

And his one shot at getting the money he clearly doesn't deserve has been taken away from him. Ironically, making the money had nothing to do with doing well, in the end.

That's why Rex is gone. That's why Tyrod is benched. And it's also why Lynn won't be the HC.

Tyrod may or may not be the starting QB next year, but he's not stupid. The worst thing he could do at this point would be to make any sort of comment whatsoever. Especially if a potential legal issue is building over clauses in his contract.

If I were in his position I would do exactly the same thing.

NFL players normally get one shot at one big contract.

He was given his shot.

He failed. Miserably.

And his one shot at getting the money he clearly doesn't deserve has been taken away from him. Ironically, making the money had nothing to do with doing well, in the end.

That's why Rex is gone. That's why Tyrod is benched. And it's also why Lynn won't be the HC.

just watching him with the media tells me he is not ready to be a HC.

Not franchising Gilmore would be the near equivalent of letting Pat Williams go......which played a big part in that defensive decline in 2005.

Not franchising Gilmore is like franchising Byrd; the mistake has already been made.

Gilmore may be unrecoverable due to his inability to tackle combined with not being able to "take away half the field" and not dressing like a pimp.

If the fan base mutinies the Pegulas should do the smart thing and exercise the clause in contract allowing them to move.

They will not need to worry about venomous media, the fans who think touches and molotov cocktails are toys and find some city who is willing to contribute to a stadium.

All NFL teams have to worry about venomous media, and public funding for stadiums will be contentious from this point forward, with the possible exception of Texas.

All I'm going to say about this is that friends of mine who are fans of other teams but have watched the Bills don't think Tyrod is the answer at QB.

Bills fans who are still Tyrod supporters are blinded by their fandom.

The guy that does my dog's hair and nails is a big Seahawks fan and he thinks Hotrod is really good.

I think Bills fans that don't like Hotrod are way undervaluing him. I suspect him to be a hot commodity should he reach FA.

Edited by reddogblitz

The guy that does my dog's hair and nails is a big Seahawks fan and he jinks Hotrod is really good.

I think Bills fans that don't like Hotrod are way undervaluing him. I suspect him to be a hot commodity should he reach FA.

I expect him to be a hot commodity, too. But I also see his career going the way of Bob Griffin's.

I don't believe Tyrod has been told he's done here. I truly think the decision on Tyrod will not be made until the coaching staff is filled out. If Lynn stays on as HC then I expect Tyrod to stay on board. If anyone else is brought in I expect him to be released.

There are other possibilities; other teams were looking to sign him hence other coaches who believe that they could craft a game plan on but I agree his odds are higher If Lynn is made HC.

Some might call that best case scenario for a team that doesn't have a franchise qb.

Sure, if it weren't the Bills. When's the last time we drafted a good QB? When's the last time we signed a good vet?

Likely Kelly/Flutie...

I'm extremely cautious about getting rid of the best QB we've had in a long time, even if he's not the best, simply because I don't trust us to get it right.

Look at what the Vikings traded to get Bradford.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see a team, such as like a Denver who coupled with their championship caliber defense could entertain the thought of acquiring a QB like Tyrod as an effective option playing the game manager role. I would even venture to guess that they believe they could be in the hunt to win the Superbowl.

I don't believe it is as far-fetched as you may think

I would be very surprised if TT is picked up as an option at the price he may want, thinking that he is a starter in the NFL. Heck, E.J. said something similar

re: himself saying something like " people in the NFL know what I can do". Really? What? :mellow:

I would be very surprised if TT is picked up as an option at the price he may want, thinking that he is a starter in the NFL. Heck, E.J. said something similar

re: himself saying something like " people in the NFL know what I can do". Really? What? :mellow:

Run. And ... run. Oh, wait ... run.

RGIV

Sure, if it weren't the Bills. When's the last time we drafted a good QB? When's the last time we signed a good vet?

Likely Kelly/Flutie...

I'm extremely cautious about getting rid of the best QB we've had in a long time, even if he's not the best, simply because I don't trust us to get it right.

Tyrod has handled this type of thing with much less class than EJ ever did. Not sure that means anything, but I do think EJ is a better natural leader. Tyrod is more of a lead by example type, which is hard to do when the team is ranked 30 in passing.