Bills defensive player: Rex firing "music to my ears"

Wayne Arnold

Here's what one #Bills defensive player told me when I asked about Rex Ryan getting fired this week: "That was music to my ears." Welp.

https://twitter.com/TyDunne/status/814622656397975552

I wonder who that was. I'm guessing Hughes.

Also...

A lot of players loved Rex's bravado, but many more never were never "All In" with his scheme. Felt like he tore down the best thing going.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only player who I saw tweet anything after he was fired was Douzable. He was upset (probably because he's a Rex guy from NJ). Not that they should, but I've seen players on other teams when coaches are fired get pretty vocal about thanking them, wishing they'd win more games for them, etc.

The only player who I saw tweet anything after he was fired was Douzable. He was upset (probably because he's a Rex guy from NJ). Not that they should, but I've seen players on other teams when coaches are fired get pretty vocal about thanking them, wishing they'd win more games for them, etc.

Shady, Wood, and Incognito all were on the record before Rex was fired.

So we're the 4-12 Jets. They loved Rexs frat house.

Rex didn't win enough games not perform well enough as a coach. So he's gone. Sorry.

Whatever.

I was responding to another post. God forbid that you should be forced to read something that does not totally agree with your view of the world (or in this case, your crusade).

A player can love Rex and even love playing for him and still be thrilled he's gone. Players love coaches for how they talk to them, how they treat them as men, how they allow them freedoms. Players absolutely loved playing for Dick Jauron. He was just a crappy coach.

A-flipping-Men! They know who leads them to wins and who doesn't .

When we have our new coach, I hope that some of these guys are able to tackle.

I really do . . . for our sake and for the new HC and team.

I'm going to agree with Peter.

The crash and burn of Rex was completely predictable and therefore avoidable. But, having said that, it should be obvious that the talent on defense it vastly over rated by many own this board. No coaching will prevent blown coverages or crappy run stopping an tackling. These guys aren;t nearly as good as advertised...here at least.

When we have our new coach, I hope that some of these guys are able to tackle.

I really do . . . for our sake and for the new HC and team.

Last week was maybe the worst ever run-into-but-bounce-off-of display I have ever seen. WRAP UP!

I'm going to agree with Peter.

The crash and burn of Rex was completely predictable and therefore avoidable. But, having said that, it should be obvious that the talent on defense it vastly over rated by many own this board. No coaching will prevent blown coverages or crappy run stopping an tackling. These guys aren;t nearly as good as advertised...here at least.

You'll find it amazing how quickly "learning how to tackle" happens when guys play in a scheme they buy into.

I check godaddy and butthurtbecauserexgotfired.com is available.

Geez dude.

Get a freaking sense of humor.

You'll find it amazing how quickly "learning how to tackle" happens when guys play in a scheme they buy into.

So that was Gilmore's problem?!? Maybe he was trying to show how he plays when he is underpaid.

Or Washington's problem on the Dolphin's first TD?

No I won't. That's BS. Unless you think guys are tanking all season because they "don't buy into a scheme". who would ever believe that?